Tromsø v Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How was the game? (missed it)
In particular how was Soldado, and Lamela?
Plus who was the best player?
Cheers.
Dembele and Vlad had a good game

Dawson and Naughton - poor

Chadli - below average

Townsend and Siggy - ok

Soldado - isolated

Lamela only came in the end and had little impact. Holtby made a difference from the bench

Well I enjoyed that, nice to see us score and win again. Dembele's first of the season, shame it wasn't Vlad's first for the club.

We really need to start getting more attackers in the box. I wsh Townsend would get involved and start shooting from 12 yds instead of 25.

I'm getting frustrated by Soldado's shows of frustration. He's beginning to do a Berbatov without the end product and technique of Berbs. not a good sign.

Anyway excellent result and assuming no injuries, a difficult trip safely negotiated - top of the group with a game to spare.

AFAIK Spurs currently hold the British record for the most European wins in a row (8) - this team might break our own record :thumbup::thumbup:

Holtby always adds a huge spark and sense of urgency to our play which we sorely lacked until he came on. I like him in the number 10 role behind the striker rather than deeper in midfield as he is a good in and around the box, however
Dembele also made a claim for this role tonight on his two runs into the box, reminded me of his Fulham days...

I think we need to stop playing two defensive/holding midfielders and just have one (i.e. Sandro) sitting just in front of the back four allowing the other midfielder, be it Paulinho or Dembele to maraud forwards. Then Eriksen /Holtby in the number 10 role behind the striker with two PROPER wingers none of this inverted winger lark when we have a striker who needs balls put into the box...

I know he hasn't had too much time to 'adapt' but my fears about Soldado being a flop buy are starting to grow.
I'm starting to wonder if he was a Levy panic buy.

I just don't see things dramatically improving for him unless he completely changes his game or we put someone up top with him meaning we become more open.

Holtby always adds a huge spark and sense of urgency to our play which we sorely lacked until he came on. I like him in the number 10 role behind the striker rather than deeper in midfield as he is a good in and around the box, however
Dembele also made a claim for this role tonight on his two runs into the box, reminded me of his Fulham days...

I think we need to stop playing two defensive/holding midfielders and just have one (i.e. Sandro) sitting just in front of the back four allowing the other midfielder, be it Paulinho or Dembele to maraud forwards. Then Eriksen /Holtby in the number 10 role behind the striker with two PROPER wingers none of this inverted winger lark when we have a striker who needs balls put into the box...
all the ammo for 352 just load the gun lets fire it on sunday

I know he hasn't had too much time to 'adapt' but my fears about Soldado being a flop buy are starting to grow.

I just don't see things dramatically improving for him unless he completely changes his game or we put someone up top with him meaning we become more open.
its got to be the latter bruv we aint going to change him:avbmad:

all the ammo for 352 just load the gun lets fire it on sunday

Starting a new formation against Manchester United is not ideal though.:paulinhobored:
Also, I would rather utilise fullbacks/wing backs to overlap the wingers and provide more balls into the box, dare I say it like in 'Arry days... NOT THAT I'M SAYING I WANT HIM BACK:harrysmile:

i see the point but with wing backs we get service we have three mobile centre backs not including dawson one central defender sandro two runners to get at times past soldado:sandroscream:g:avbmad:ives us a minimum of three players to pick we play thru them and turn them if we play infront of them they could slaughter us when it breaks down

It was said that AVBs preferred front 3 were Villa, Bale and Hulk for this season.

I wonder if due to Villa not coming to England Baldini recommended Soldado, given the lack of negotiations I don't think it could be called a panic buy.

He's a goalscorer but our play is so pedestrian at times that an player who thrives on early balls is always going to struggle.

Soldado is poor in the air from what I've seen, so that's a disadvantage, he's not fast, another disadvantage, doesn't have a particularly hard shot, another disadvantage, can't dribble the ball and create goals form nothing the way Greavesie could.

He's got an awful lot of disadvantages for a striker. Obviously he has plus points, but not enough for him to flouncing around the pitch throwing his arms about a la Berbatov, a player who at Spurs looked several steps superior to Soldado ATM.

I'd like to see him dropped for the United game, but with Ade and Kane injured chances are that would mean JD on his ownsome which is a 'no-some and then some' :)

It seems we're jiggered for Sunday. We need one possibly two strikers in January. I just somehow we can cobble together a win against West Ham, who have their own striker problems too.

Maybe we should play 4-6-0 v Utd a la West Ham :)

Back
Top Bottom