Spurs vs Fulham (a) 04.12.13

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

didn't see the game , how did we do ?

Best we've played all season, chance after chance went begging until they scored fully against the run of play with an absolute one in a million wonder goal that couldnt be helped. We then carried on plugging away and eventually scored two of the best goals in the history of mankind.

AVB was lauded as manager of the century and all the shitty fans killed themselves in a self sacrifice in AVBs honour as the greatest Tottenham manager of all time.

Last edited:
MrS is hitting the nail on the head, we flattered to deceive tonight. Great result, don't get me wrong, but if we had been up against any team that even came close to being good, and again, don't get me wrong, Fulham increased their will to win tonight, after giving Sir Martin of Jol the sack, we would be looking at mid table mediocrity and a possible media feeding frenzy, again. As it is, we, the fans, have some breathing space. I fear for AVB though, and rightly so, and if certain people can't see that, (ean17), then, quite frankly you are delusional.
Having said that, you are within your rights to disagree, which you have, but I would respect your views more so, if, you explained your reasons.
It's easy to hit the disagree button, try putting your points across in a more constructive manner.

That way, I won't send the Boys around. :adeninja:

Fulham showed some ability that game. Probably one of there stronger games this season. Yet we won. Away.

Job done.

If Berbatov IS looking for a way out of Fulham in January, I think of somewhere he can come!
That pass for their goal made me wanna invent a time machine, and cause some kind of delay on the M6 up to Manchester!! Nothing serious, Half an hour would've done it!!!
He took a jet at the time mate

Just saying...

He took a jet at the time mate

Just saying...
Screen-Shot-2011-11-24-at-4.45.48-PM-260x300.png

...alright then... shoulda called in a bomb hoax at Stansted to stop him taking off... or I suppose you're gonna tell me the flight number of the plane he took from London City now are ya?

I'd say our biggest 'flaw' is we don't seem to know what to do against teams who are 'up for it'.... And I wonder if this is because it's a random, unpredictable factor that AVB's coaching manual doesn't have a chapter for!

...bloody hell, now you've got ME at it, WE WON FFS!!
AVB made changes that coped with the situation in hand, and we reaped the rewards... now whether it can be argued that he could/should've pre-empted that Fulham would be 'up for it' due to their new Coach and set up the starting XI like that in the first place is up for debate (I know WE all knew they'd be up for it... who isn't against us?)

The problem with a match like yesterday is it's nigh on impossible to prepare for it as you've fuck all idea on how the new guy will set up. Fulham have some decent players and AVB had no matches to study on how they'd set up. All the scouting of Fulham under Jol goes out the window as they're effectively a new team. Then throw in the fact it's a London derby and away from home and it's about as unpredictable as you can get. Credit were it's due we showed up went toe to toe and created some great opportunities to score, it was a vast imporvement creativity wise on some of the dis-jointed performances we've seen this season. Another big plus is AVB made alot of positive tactical changes that effectively won us the match and wasted no time in doing so. If you can't draw more positives than negatives out of yesterdays performance and result then you need to take a look at yourself.

its December and we are still building the team?

I've touched on this before and you'll likely ignore it but it took Fergie 3 or 4 seasons to build his team and get them performing at the level he wanted from them. Yeah that's right the greatest footy manager of all time took a good 3 or 4 seasons to get any sort of top quality consistency out of his manure team. Fergie didn't have to compete with Madrid pinching all his best players every summer and man shity and cheatski throwing money around and distorting the fuck out of the market either.

Back
Top Bottom