Sergio Reguilón

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Man Utd's statement regarding Sergio Reguilón:
"Sergio Reguilon is returning to his parent club Tottenham Hotspur after Manchester United activated a break clause in the loan agreement. The Spanish left-back joined on a temporary basis last August and made a positive contribution during the first half of the season.
Sergio fulfilled the role he was brought in for: to provide cover for Luke Shaw and Tyrell Malacia while both were out with long-term injuries.
While Luke has missed the past two games with a minor injury, the England international is expected back soon. Tyrell, meanwhile, is getting closer to a return from his knee injury.
The versatile Diogo Dalot can also provide further cover at left-back.
With fewer games in the second half of the season and injured players returning, there will be less opportunity for Sergio to play.
It was decided it was in the best interests of all parties for Reguilon to return to Spurs. The 27-year-old defender leaves United with our appreciation for his contribution and best wishes for the future.

Weirdly, I always thought his attacking play was more positive than his defensive side... Maybe he will benefit from a slightly more forward LB position...
Either way, you can see the logic from Ange bringing both our FB's back for now at least...

Between Reggie and Spence, you'd hope the penny has to drop for at least ONE of them!

Weirdly, I always thought his attacking play was more positive than his defensive side... Maybe he will benefit from a slightly more forward LB position...
Either way, you can see the logic from Ange bringing both our FB's back for now at least...

Between Reggie and Spence, you'd hope the penny has to drop for at least ONE of them!

Neither of them are going to play for Ange unless it's an absolute emergency. They have been sent back by their loan clubs, not recalled by us. He didn't want either of them in his squad, despite the injury to Sessegnon.

If either of them make an appearance for us before the window closes then they will be stuck here as they can't play for 3 clubs in one season, no way Ange wants that.

I like the optimism but we/Ange didn't bring anyone back, the break clause in the deals was activated by the other club in both cases, which isn't really a positive.
Neither of them are going to play for Ange unless it's an absolute emergency. They have been sent back by their loan clubs, not recalled by us. He didn't want either of them in his squad, despite the injury to Sessegnon.

If either of them make an appearance for us before the window closes then they will be stuck here as they can't play for 3 clubs in one season, no way Ange wants that.
I'm not sure either would be that deep into his shitlist, in the summer he had just joined and had to make these decisions fairly quickly, just because they at the time were deemed the most expendable, I don't think it necessarily means that he wouldn't be open to the possibility of them becoming useful now that he's had more time to settle in.

Djed has HG in his favour, so if there are no realistic offers for him then there's potential upside to that, depends on whether the reported attitude concerns have gotten him on the wrong side of Ange.

Reggie I can't imagine is a bad character to have around the place, I think if there were a free squad place for a non-HG Ange probably would have been open to having him in the squad in the summer, he just ended up being more shiftable than the likes of Dier and Hugo.

Reggie I can't imagine is a bad character to have around the place, I think if there were a free squad place for a non-HG Ange probably would have been open to having him in the squad in the summer, he just ended up being more shiftable than the likes of Dier and Hugo.

The priority for both Ange and the club will be to shift these players. If nobody comes for them then sure, they may be used in an emergency like Dier was a couple of times but that's all. Realistically they won't be involved.

Man Utd's statement regarding Sergio Reguilón:
"Sergio Reguilon is returning to his parent club Tottenham Hotspur after Manchester United activated a break clause in the loan agreement. The Spanish left-back joined on a temporary basis last August and made a positive contribution during the first half of the season.
Sergio fulfilled the role he was brought in for: to provide cover for Luke Shaw and Tyrell Malacia while both were out with long-term injuries.
While Luke has missed the past two games with a minor injury, the England international is expected back soon. Tyrell, meanwhile, is getting closer to a return from his knee injury.
The versatile Diogo Dalot can also provide further cover at left-back.
With fewer games in the second half of the season and injured players returning, there will be less opportunity for Sergio to play.
It was decided it was in the best interests of all parties for Reguilon to return to Spurs. The 27-year-old defender leaves United with our appreciation for his contribution and best wishes for the future.
Nice statement there from Utd. No point in beings cunts about it though. Never know when you might need another loan.

Think he will do well for Brentford

Rico Henry is out for the season so he should start every game, the key is staying injury free because he's a good player
If it were a clean sheet.. i'de have him over sess .. Davies gives CB cover as well.. but on JUST wing bac terms he's a step above both imo. Shame he fucked up under conti... I could absolutely see why.. but 'banishment' was a touch harsh imo.

If it were a clean sheet.. i'de have him over sess .. Davies gives CB cover as well.. but on JUST wing bac terms he's a step above both imo. Shame he fucked up under conti... I could absolutely see why.. but 'banishment' was a touch harsh imo.
It's been discussed before but I just don't think he takes the game seriously.
Ange has no time for him. Never been in an Ange squad?

It's been discussed before but I just don't think he takes the game seriously.
Ange has no time for him. Never been in an Ange squad?
Mmmm .. don't think u get to play for, even for v short spells Spain real Madrid Tottenham, athletico Madrid, man utd , ie, international and champions lge levels.. the very PINNACLE elite level of football
and not take the game 'seriously', the fitness levels alone are a serious commitment.
He's a v decent footballer just needs an injury free run and a manager/club to stick by him...

Can't wait for June 30, 2025. Players out of contract on that happy day:

Ndombele
Tanganga
Rodon
Parrott
Sessegnon.
this cunt.

(Hojbjerg, Lo Celso and Davies too but I have soft spots for them at the moment.)

I call it "Deadwood Day". It's a Monday. The forum should really have a countdown to it. Exciting when you think of the wages it will free up.

Can't wait for June 30, 2025. Players out of contract on that happy day:

Ndombele
Tanganga
Rodon
Parrott
Sessegnon.
this cunt.

(Hojbjerg, Lo Celso and Davies too but I have soft spots for them at the moment.)

I call it "Deadwood Day". It's a Monday. The forum should really have a countdown to it. Exciting when you think of the wages it will free up.
Several of these players tried their best and just weren’t good enough. They are people, no need to hate them so much.

Back
Top Bottom