Tottenham Hotspur v Brighton (H) | Saturday 10th February @ 15:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I do not need to invent an image of you.

Throughout my time on here I've seen you call many poster out on what you perceived to be bad "support" when they criticised a player. I've seen you many times jump at posters if they stated the player was playing poorly (yes they would sometimes use more colourful language but the point stands).

What are you doing now then? you are going on match threads and literally only posting to say how crap Johnson is playing. You're not saying anything else about the game or about anything else. All your focus is to inform everyone that he's playing poorly and your speech about you wanting us to do well doesn't negate the fact that you're acting like a total hypocrite.

It's fine carry on with the witch hunt but please in future don't ever preach to anyone about being a good supporter.
I'm not on a witch hunt about BJ, during the game I said he hit a tame shot when in the clear and that I was surprised when he scored.
After the game I said I felt that he looked poor and still lacking in confidence.
I have also drawn parallels with Richie playing poorly and clearly had lost his confidence.
If I wanted to go on a witch hunt I would start a thread and post ten times a day calling him all manner of abusive things.
None of which I do.
I'm certainly not going to be lectured by someone who happily jumps on any slagging session, and - as it happens I missed most of the game ferrying my daughter around to attend her chosen sport and only got to watch from when he came on, hence why I hadn't commented on anything else.

Not that I spend much time posting during games as I prefer to watch them.

Basically, your problem is the fact that I'm prepared to talk about a player you think is wonderful and I don't share your opinion about him. ie . I don't think he's the second coming of Maradona

Have you noticed he's not a starter any more? So neither does the manager. Something I predicted (guessed) would happen.

Will you be writing sternly worded letters of complaint to him as well?

I'm not being hypocritical at all, I talk about what I see, and not bang on about a wish list of what players will turn into.

One day

Despite any lack of evidence to support it.

I think it's just relief washing over him. He's missed key chances in previous games and he knew if he missed he'd have got pelted for it and cost us 2 points. Probably all the adrenaline dumping from running full pelt didn't help either. I wouldn;t be concerned.

He pretty much said as much after the game..... He was just hyper focusssed and didn't react naturally.

So what are the rules then really? If this isn’t fouling the keeper then I don’t know what is.

Don't worry, good ol' VAR would have sorted that one out, if called upon.

giphy.gif

Reflecting on the game yesterday.

Someone recently mentioned that Man Utd’s lack of consistency is that they seem to “play in moments”. That seems to be sort of happening with us of late. We blitzed Brentford for 10 minutes then stopped playing, gave up control against Everton home and away, and yesterday seems to have that 20 minute spell after half time when it was all us.

I guess that is because the side hasn’t been settled since Luton away?

Unlike most games this season I am struggling to think that any one of our players had an 8/10 performance or higher

Vicario - great saves but seemed unusually dodgy in distribution
Udogie - have it away loads. Has started to go down a bit too easy as well (see Mitoma chance)
Mickey - I thought it was his worry’s game for us. Again gave it away a lot
Romero - maybe in the running for our MOTM as had a load of good leadership qualities. Again some dodgy passes out late in 2nd half
Porro - a bit missing? Maybe he actually had a good game I just didn’t notice. Didn’t offer much offensively
Starting midfield - all gave up possession constantly. All came up with great moments in the goals
Richi hustled and bustled. Great at beating a man but again passing woeful until he laid in Son
Werner - reasonably crosses in first half into no one. Looks scared to shoot
Deki - I thought he was awful. Then a great pass for the Sarr goal. About all he did

Son and BJ did nothing until the important winner. I didn’t think Biss did much. The subs have Brighton all the momentum if anything.

Gilmour, Gross, Welbeck, Mitoma, Van Hekke (?), Steele were all very good I thought.

Weird game. Stats have us as the better team. Draw would have been fair. But we also deserve it after other recent performances and results
Well thanks for that positive insight into the players performances yesterday 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I do not need to invent an image of you.

Throughout my time on here I've seen you call many poster out on what you perceived to be bad "support" when they criticised a player. I've seen you many times jump at posters if they stated the player was playing poorly (yes they would sometimes use more colourful language but the point stands).

What are you doing now then? you are going on match threads and literally only posting to say how crap Johnson is playing. You're not saying anything else about the game or about anything else. All your focus is to inform everyone that he's playing poorly and your speech about you wanting us to do well doesn't negate the fact that you're acting like a total hypocrite.

It's fine carry on with the witch hunt but please in future don't ever preach to anyone about being a good supporter.

Hypocrisy is that cunt's speciality.

You're such a perfect human, we all know it. Let's face it - you post about two thousand times a day telling people what to think, how to behave and what is right and what is wrong.

Sadly the perfect human you imagine yourself to be, and the arbiter of all that is right and proper that you have appointed yourself as- exists only in your mind.

Why isn't there a bug spray that works over the internet?

The delusional, hypocritical Mr Cooper at his shitty, miserable, ignorant 'finest.

Airfixx posts a lot therefor your shit doesn't stink?

You pontificated a load of shite about the above disease that turns out to be bullshit so you must flip the matter to be about something else to save face?

Jog on you absolute cunt.

Couple of thoughts:
- Romero on Lallana was hilarious,
- How Van Hecke didn’t get carded is unbelievable considering the number of times he had Madders on the floor,
- Relied on Vic bailing us out a couple of times,
- Still not keen on playing out from the back 99% of the time. Cost us for the pen and nearly cost us a few more times,
- We had a number of promising positions but blew it time and time again with poor decision making or poor passes,
- Fati did almost nothing for them when he came on, pretty much invisible.

With players like Mitoma their reputation colours the way you see what they do.

Mitoma really didn't do much yesterday. He had a chance from our mistake and outpaced Porro on the outside when Porro was running on one leg. Didn't go past Porro in a 1v1 or win a duel in the entire game. Created 1 half chance.
To be fair, it wasn't that he outpaced Porro, they overloaded our right, so Porro was covering 2 players. As a result, Mitoma got a headstart on Porro, but it only happened on that one occasion because of the overload.

Vicario had to make 2 good saves in the first half, then was an observer for the rest of it. Their keeper had far more to do, yet we are the team that 'rode its luck' apparently.

It's telling that the only people who think we rode our luck are Spurs 'fans.' Christ, even Keown was saying that we fully deserved it, and labelled the winner a beautiful goal.

Did you read my post, Rich?

+ another player comes crashing in from the side, behind madders.

Point is: this wouldn't have been a thing, if Ange had nipped it in the bud, form the off.

Maybe....

I think this is a media story as much as anything now. As soon as City got rewarded for targeting Vic then it was going to be a big story. Probably teams had done it plenty of times earlier in the season but got nothing from it.

Now there is a narrative officials are more likely to let fouls go more often.

I'm not on a witch hunt about BJ, during the game I said he hit a tame shot when in the clear and that I was surprised when he scored.
After the game I said I felt that he looked poor and still lacking in confidence.
I have also drawn parallels with Richie playing poorly and clearly had lost his confidence.
If I wanted to go on a witch hunt I would start a thread and post ten times a day calling him all manner of abusive things.
None of which I do.
I'm certainly not going to be lectured by someone who happily jumps on any slagging session, and - as it happens I missed most of the game ferrying my daughter around to attend her chosen sport and only got to watch from when he came on, hence why I hadn't commented on anything else.

Not that I spend much time posting during games as I prefer to watch them.

Basically, your problem is the fact that I'm prepared to talk about a player you think is wonderful and I don't share your opinion about him. ie . I don't think he's the second coming of Maradona

Have you noticed he's not a starter any more? So neither does the manager. Something I predicted (guessed) would happen.

Will you be writing sternly worded letters of complaint to him as well?

I'm not being hypocritical at all, I talk about what I see, and not bang on about a wish list of what players will turn into.

One day

Despite any lack of evidence to support it.
no my problem is your hypocritical nature.

Criticising is one thing but stating that a raffle should be conducted so one of the fans can come into the team instead of Johnson as they'd be better is the same shit you have over the years had a go at other posters about. It's over the top and just a flat out ridiculous comment to make at one of our own players.

Make excuses about your lack of posting in match threads all you want but people can just look at previous match threads and see you've done this before where you post something negative about Johnson and offer nothing else in regards to the game.

As I said crack on if that's what you want to do but never ever have a go at another poster again for doing the same. Your holier than though online personality has gone down the shitter and can't be used anymore.

He sucks at everything but sprinting 50 yards.

I’d be amazed if he turns into a player.
Indeed! He may have scored which we are greatfull for but if his contribution for the rest of the time is pitiful then does t really help the team. When are under pressure he provides no out ball, doesn’t press or tackle. Basically shows no real commitment to get involved. The goal will undoubtedly mask a million other things.

His had plenty of ganes to develop his all round team play. His not done no where near enough!
But he just scored the winner...if memory serves he also scored very recently which seems to suggest he's getting more comfortable...We shall see...it's only been 6 months and he's had NO preseason

Back
Top Bottom