Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Positives:

ADE!
Soldado
Eriksen
Bentaleb
Our sheer verve and energy

Negatives:
Dawson & Vlad - torn to pieces
Dembele
Lamela (seriously didn't do a thing right)
Sherwoods attempt at playing inverted wide midfielders - WTF
Our sheer lack of cohesion
The lack of impact from our fullbacks
Another costly Lloris error

Great result but performance very dodgy, we could as well have lost 5-2. No corner turned, definately.

Seeing the players look so lively and bright now scares me though. How the hell can they just switch off playing for one manager and then switch on playing for the next? Aren't they supposed to be professionals?

Have you only just started watching football? Only joking, but you see it all the time. Just the way it is. Look at Fulham since Jol left. Or Sunderland post di Canio.

Thought Chiraches was poor today. Had a bit of mare all afternoon. First goal he got done way too easily.

And Lloris definitely hasn't been the same since Lukaku's knee got intimate with his brain.

Adebayor performing when he has a point to prove as usual, let's see how long he keeps up this level of performance, until then I will choose to remember his joke of a last season which means he's got a hell of a lot of making up to do yet. Today however was a good start.

Awww, pissed cos 442 worked...?

What an odd post. Are you suggesting Everton are going to win the league and we will come 3rd?

Take my word for it.

Man City
Chelsea
Woolwich
Man Utd
Liverpool
Everton
Spurs,

My only question mark is the 4th/5th spot, which may be reversed. Have a bet on it, I am NEVER wrong

Why is it an odd post? I don't think you read it correctly. I didn't suggest that we would come 3rd or Everton would win the league. But regardless, I don't see why that is so far fetched as we are nearly at the half way point where all teams have played everybody and Spurs are only 5 points off 2nd and Everton are 2 points off 1st!

Thought Chiraches was poor today. Had a bit of mare all afternoon. First goal he got done way too easily.

And Lloris definitely hasn't been the same since Lukaku's knee got intimate with his brain.
Chiriches has been thrown to the wolves. Needs more time.

Regarding Hugo, he has certainly been shipping more goals. I think I'd attribute that more to losing Vertonghen in our back line than most people have. He's made some poor decisions, but a good portion of the goals have simply been down to the poor nature of our defending recently.

Part of why we love Hugo so much, and part of what makes him so different, is how blazing quick he is off of his line. He mistimed that one today, that's all.

Chiriches has been thrown to the wolves. Needs more time.

Regarding Hugo, he has certainly been shipping more goals. I think I'd attribute that more to losing Vertonghen in our back line than most people have. He's made some poor decisions, but a good portion of the goals have simply been down to the poor nature of our defending recently.

Part of why we love Hugo so much, and part of what makes him so different, is how blazing quick he is off of his line. He mistimed that one today, that's all.
I wonder how much would it affect Hugo's performances in general, now that we probably arent going to play the high line as much.

That first goal was two things, neither of which were Hugo: 4-4-2 and Lallana's being brilliant. The end.

Was it a necessary risk with internationals on the bench perfectly suited to the role?.

Though I agree, it wouldnt have hurt AVB to roll the dice a little more on occasion.
Maybe its because Sherwood has nothing to lose and AVB obviously did.

Not sure how you've reached that conclusion.

Sherwood seems like a disciple of the high-line.
Edit ... I meant to say hypothetically.
I did notice that we still played with a fairly high line today, but just saying ... if it does get abandoned, how would Hugo be affected? Plus, I still think the high line wouldn't be used always (with Sherwood around). It will be accommodated to the opponent (which AVB should have done).

I'm not a huge fan of the 4-4-2 especially considering the number of midfielders we have. (When fit) Sandro has to play as does Eriksen and then ideally one of Paulinho and Dembele but with just two central midfield places up for grabs we can't play them all! I personally would still go with 4-3-3 Lamela on the right Soldado up front and have Adebayor in more of a free role on the left (where he tends to drift off to anyway). That way it gets the two strikers in the team and allows for two more central midfielders and Eriksen to sit behind the striker in a VDV-esque way.

Have we scored a corner this season. Anyone remember 2011/12 when our first goal from a corner came from Nelsen.... LOL
28/3/2012 NEVER FORGET
spurs__ryan_nelsen__celebrates__N2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom