The Mighty Spurs - Swansea of Wales

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The way I'm looking at it is if we win, or even get a draw, then we have got ourselves a great result that sets us up nicely for a top four finish. But if we lose then Woolwich get knocked off the top sooner, which is inevitable, but also a joyous occurence when it does happen. Kinda win either way.
I have an inkling we will beat City. yes, we will beat City. City will be taken up with the CL leaving the scum to win the PL, I'm sure of it. The tide may have turned on liverpool after the Pen nonsense. every paper here has run with it.

Don't agree its been an easy run of games. We have played well, created our luck and got results. The odds, winning 5 away in then PL, is hugh, bigger than you are giving credit. We've done brilliant so far, let it continue.
History will be the judge.

no games in the prem are easy, but we havent had anyone in the top 6, in anyones book that is easier than having city away, liverpool at home, chelsea away, Woolwich away, utd at home etc etc....

no games in the prem are easy, but we havent had anyone in the top 6, in anyones book that is easier than having city away, liverpool at home, chelsea away, Woolwich away, utd at home etc etc....
I can only agree but winning 5 , unbeaten in 6 is as good as it can get considering our form coming into this run. The odds at bookies would have been hugh. These teams are PL fodder I agree. Liverpool have had a brilliant season so far compared to us but we are on level points. This reflects this brilliant run.

that right there is a sure fire way for Sherwood to get assassinated :sherwoodwtf:

I can't see the club or Sherwood ever doing it, but Campbell was definitely quoted earlier in the season complaining that there are no coaching jobs available for him because of his skin colour. (of course he thinks it's nothing to do with everyone knowing he's a disloyal cunt).

Not surprising. The big question is if they'll go after him aHgain in the summer. Only time will tell.

Great game from Vlad today, Dan. Glad he survived that headbutt. Bony is a very large man.
I feel a top four spot will encourage the decision . It bears well For TS to fail?

I can't see the club or Sherwood ever doing it, but Campbell was definitely quoted earlier in the season complaining that there are no coaching jobs available for him because of his skin colour. (of course he thinks it's nothing to do with everyone knowing he's a disloyal cunt).

Yeah Sherwood definitely aint that stupid and cuntbell is a complete fuckn melter

I can only agree but winning 5 , unbeaten in 6 is as good as it can get considering our form coming into this run. The odds at bookies would have been hugh. These teams are PL fodder I agree. Liverpool have had a brilliant season so far compared to us but we are on level points. This reflects this brilliant run.

no doubt...after liverpool if youd told me me we'd be in this position i would have had a laugh...all im saying is that city will be the biggest test of TS system/tactics etc so far...its not a make or break game simply a good opportunity to really judge our progress...

no doubt...after liverpool if youd told me me we'd be in this position i would have had a laugh...all im saying is that city will be the biggest test of TS system/tactics etc so far...its not a make or break game simply a good opportunity to really judge our progress...

Why are you putting us on a par with Manchester City?
Our real rivals (Who are on a level with us) are Everton, Liverpool, Newcastle and Manchester United. So far Sherwood has beaten one of them, with Newcastle up pretty soon.

You could even put Southampton in that group too, because when we played them, they were neck and neck with us in the table. They have only dropped like a stone after that game.

Yeah mate city will be a fuckn huge match and Sherwoods biggest test to date bar the 2 cup matches that we lost. Hopefully we can do them bastards but it will be tough as they are pretty much full strength now Kompany, Silva and Aguero are back.

Our real rivals (Who are on a level with us) are Everton, Liverpool, Newcastle and Manchester United. So far Sherwood has beaten one of them, with Newcastle up pretty soon.

You could even put Southampton in that group too, because when we played them, they were neck and neck with us in the table. They have only dropped like a stone after that game.

Man City are the best team in the league so obviously it will be Sherwoods biggest test to date. Why is that so hard to admit for some?

im not putting us on parr, simply saying that the game will be a good judge of where the team is at, against the best team in the league..
sure city arnt really our rivals for 4th place but it will be an avenue to see where we might be against our direct rivals...last time i checked we got beat 5-0 by liverpool at home ...does this mean we are fucking shit and wont make the top 4? no but it did show avbs tactics wernt working and got the manager fired...
its abit like a fire drill, the best place to test it is in a fire...

Man City are the best team in the league so obviously it will be Sherwoods biggest test to date. Why is that so hard to admit for some?

Bullshit. The squads aren't comparable. You could put the greatest manager in the world in charge of THFC, but 9 times out of 10 Manchester City with their team would piss all over us.
A test is meant to be fair and evenly matched if you want to size up your managers tactical ability.

Fair enough but does it prove anything? They are loads better than us. So it goes.

February is much more important. All winnable fixtures. You get three points no matter who you beat.

Bullshit. The squads aren't comparable. You could put the greatest manager in the world in charge of THFC, but 9 times out of 10 Manchester City with their team would piss all over us.
A test is meant to be fair and evenly matched if you want to size up your managers tactical ability.

FFS not all test are the same, you Sherwood fanboys are a touchy bunch

the bloke is doing great but saying man city will be his hardest match yet thus his biggest test is far from bullshit

I bet Sherwood won't be treating it like a lost cause.

Fair enough but does it prove anything? They are loads better than us. So it goes.

February is much more important. All winnable fixtures. You get three points no matter who you beat.

If we beat them cunts it sure as feck does, if we lose then we've just done what everyone was expecting. I'll go into the match with my youthful sense of optimism and boyish good looks as always lol

Last edited:

I don't expect us to win I just think that if the team is well balanced and shows heart in comparison to say the 6-0 thrashing away earlier in the season we can show a degree of improvement. At the moment city can beat anyone so i am not expecting anything just hope we can put in a good show.

I'd say that the best way to size up a manager's tactical ability is to see how he does against different types of teams, how he sets up the team, his lineup and directions to players. I was glad to see Tim mix it up against Swansea, instead of sticking with 2 forwards, and I'd expect his game plan against City to be different from what he put out against Palace, for example.

I'm under no illusions about the strength of our team, relative to City's, but am looking forward to seeing how Tim approaches the match.

Back
Top Bottom