The Mighty Spurs - Swansea of Wales

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Please no chadli against city, Sandro, dembele and bentaleb in the middle I hope.
Bentaleb scares me against City. His defense today was poor and he let a lot flow through the middle without challenge. Sandro can help address this, but he looks like a defensive liability.

Bullshit. The squads aren't comparable. You could put the greatest manager in the world in charge of THFC, but 9 times out of 10 Manchester City with their team would piss all over us.
A test is meant to be fair and evenly matched if you want to size up your managers tactical ability.

...and this attitude is why THFC will be doomed to mid-table mediocrity until things change...
COYS

...and this attitude is why THFC will be doomed to mid-table mediocrity until things change...
COYS

Their transfer net spend since '08 is over 500 million, let alone the ridiculous wages they pay. We're barely even playing the same game.

Admitting we aren't at the same level as City just because they are insanely stocked with money doesn't mean we have a mid-table mentality.

Their transfer net spend since '08 is over 500 million, let alone the ridiculous wages they pay. We're barely even playing the same game.

Admitting we aren't at the same level as City just because they are insanely stocked with money doesn't mean we have a mid-table mentality.

Yeah but at the end of the day they can only start 11 players as can we and our lot are hardly abunch of plumbers. Both teams are chalked full of internationals at the top of their game so admitting defeat before a ball is kicked is not being realistic it's being a bitch. We are at home were our fans can boo with the best of them lol so fuck man shity them bully boy cunts are due a good tonking. They may be favorites sure but it's one match on our patch and if we play our best we could do them.

Yeah but at the end of the day they can only start 11 players as can we and our lot are hardly abunch of plumbers. Both teams are chalked full of internationals at the top of their game so admitting defeat before a ball is kicked is not being realistic it's being a bitch. We are at home were our fans can boo with the best of them lol so fuck man shity them bully boy cunts are due a good tonking. They may be favorites sure but it's one match on our patch and if we play our best we could do them.

I certainly agree we could beat them on our day. But admitting we aren't expected to win doesn't make our mentality mid table like that other guy said. What they are doing with money is just flat out unfair. Their net spend since '09 is 450 million, ours is close to zero.

I certainly agree we could beat them on our day. But admitting we aren't expected to win doesn't make our mentality mid table like that other guy said. What they are doing with money is just flat out unfair. Their net spend since '09 is 450 million, ours is close to zero.

he's acting like we're nailed on to lose and there's no hope which is bullshit

They can spend all the money in the world but at the end of the day they can only put out 11 players like us. Sure their team is fuckn quality but the line up we'll likely put out will be quality too as Sandro and Vertonghen are already back training among others. If our players go out there thinking they're probably going to get duffed then that's exactly what will happen. We need positivity and belief from the players and fans because without it we've lost already, just like we beat them to get in the CL we can beat them again this time too.

I'd say that the best way to size up a manager's tactical ability is to see how he does against different types of teams, how he sets up the team, his lineup and directions to players. I was glad to see Tim mix it up against Swansea, instead of sticking with 2 forwards, and I'd expect his game plan against City to be different from what he put out against Palace, for example.

I'm under no illusions about the strength of our team, relative to City's, but am looking forward to seeing how Tim approaches the match.

this is precisely my point, how TS approaches the game and our performance irrespective of the result will show us the size and type of improvement over avb v the top teams

this is precisely my point, how TS approaches the game and our performance irrespective of the result will show us the size and type of improvement over avb v the top teams
I'm surprised how shit we were against the top teams this season under AVB, last season we took points off these teams and dropped points vs shit teams. Maybe we are missing :dempsey2:

:harrylol::kaboullol:

I'm surprised how shit we were against the top teams this season under AVB, last season we took points off these teams and dropped points vs shit teams. Maybe we are missing :dempsey2:

:harrylol::kaboullol:

The problem now is there's 7 good teams including us..it's not a matter now of getting top 4 by simply beating the so called lesser teams.. We need to gets points of the big clubs or we won't make top 4 this year..simple as that..do I think city is a make or break? No but it will show how we are developing under TS

no doubt...after liverpool if youd told me me we'd be in this position i would have had a laugh...all im saying is that city will be the biggest test of TS system/tactics etc so far...its not a make or break game simply a good opportunity to really judge our progress...
City is is marker for every team at the minute.

Last edited:
I forgot to add…..We will beat City. And no I haven't gone mad. Im not getting carried away with the run or not seeing how good or where we really are. I just have this inkling we will beat them and do the scum a favour.
I feel so sure?

Maybe it's wind?

Disclaimer: I am able to post, if we get beat, that this is what I thought all along?

This discussion is about the financial merit of selling Lamela not whether he's been good or not

But a player is not priced on ability according to you so why would Lamela's price drop if we sold him?

You think he is the second coming of Christ....should still be able to get our money back on that basis

But a player is not priced on ability according to you so why would Lamela's price drop if we sold him?

You think he is the second coming of Christ....should still be able to get our money back on that basis

Because he hasn't played for 6 months and subsequently lost value - it is bad business all round. He's our record signing and deserves to be part of the squad before arm-chair experts like yourself write him off for good

Because he hasn't played for 6 months and subsequently lost value - it is bad business all round. He's our record signing and deserves to be part of the squad before arm-chair experts like yourself write him off for good

Dick.

Ive never written him off (unlike you have Bentaleb, Sherwood, Dawson, Naughton....................)

I had a problem with ONE person at this club, and now he isnt here.

Id love Lamela to make it, but his inclusion should be based on merit, not price tag....Fuck me, a month ago AVB was a hero for giving him time.

Has the kid already adapted to this massive culture shock that was being bandied about......since December?

When it was being said that giving him time was the right thing to do...new league, new culture...doesent speak English etc etc

Its people like you who decide, over nothing, that he is a new saviour....then it will be YOU writing him off if he doesnt hit the ground running

Back
Top Bottom