Tottenham Hotspur FC - Man City Mercenaries

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Playing Man City is difficult.

Playing them without Sandro, Jan, Paulinho and without having the options of Andros or Lamela is even more so.

Playing them with 10 men and being 2-0 down is a rubix cube on steroids level of difficulty.

Nail on head. Some of the posts on here are plain embarrassing. We are playing in a 36,000 stadium without oil money. It's that simple you thick fuckwits. I remember when we was mid table shite (True mid table - not what some of you plastics talk about nowadays) and im only 22.

Truly pathetic some of our "Fans" meltdowns after we lose.

See you all soon whoever is going to Dagenham, can't wait for a real football day out experience. These 1882/U21 games are fast becoming more enjoyable than the "Real thing"..

:memeokay:

The weakest Brazil squad in my lifetime. Fuck, even England could beat them. And that's a team that still considers including Lennon, Walker and Townsend in its WC squad.

Didn't this weakest Brazilian team in your lifetime absolutely tear Spain a new one in the Confederations Cup final?

EDIT: I sent this as soon as I read your initial comment without thinking that it would have been called up immediately by other people. To avoid boring others by having the same argument you have already had with others let's just leave it there!

Last edited:
Nail on head. Some of the posts on here are plain embarrassing. We are playing in a 36,000 stadium without oil money. It's that simple you thick fuckwits. I remember when we was mid table shite (True mid table - not what some of you plastics talk about nowadays) and im only 22.

Truly pathetic some of our "Fans" meltdowns after we lose.

See you all soon whoever is going to Dagenham, can't wait for a real football day out experience. These 1882/U21 games are fast becoming more enjoyable than the "Real thing"..

At the game last night when I saw the team sheet my heart sank, playing £500 million worth of players is hard enough but I thought Verts, Sandro, Paulinho and Townsend where supposed to be back, (when are they back by the way?) but to play them with Siggy, Lennon, Dawson so on and so on we have to accept the difference in class is massive. Linesmans bad call obviously turned a 2-1 defeat into a 5-1 thrashing but City are a force of nature at the moment, they put 6 past Woolwich, thankfully there is only one City and we won't have to deal with anyone like that for the rest of the season.

Cant make 1882 tonight as i would need a teleporter to get from where i work to the stadium, but completely agree with you reg 1882 games.

The Dnipro game is the one i am counting the days for.

Not sure where the meltdown is coming from but lets address some of the points some people are taking issue with.
Ok we started with a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-4-1-1 whatever you want to call it without a recognised holding midfielder. We conceded 5 on the night but only one of those was when we had no DM. We had a pretty rough first 30 but after that we came into the game pressuring the City back line creating a couple chances and having a goal ruled out when it could easily have stood. Really are we taking issue with the first 45 minutes of the game?

1. To be pedantic - we didn't actually concede at all with a DM on the pitch, when Rose got sent off we initially put Capoue at CB and then changed to 4221 for the rest of the game.

2. Yes, the first half was worse than the second - we were very lucky Aguero went off and Negrado was playing as Dzeko was unbelievably wasteful.

Absofuckinglutely spot on.........and I know we lost rose to a dubious decision but Naughton, really? I think wed get better service from a shop dummy. The guy is clueless full stop and should never step on the field again in a prem match. Preferably not europa either. Cmon weasel give up the (ive gotta make a name for myself so ill throw a child in) Bentaleb pet project
So we're still doing the weasel thing are we, how pathetic

Last edited:
Lets see how City do in the CL and then we can assess the PL.
I feel we have too many foreign players in the PL that don't give toss. Players are looking for quick success more than ever and are not willing to put the effort in. The big (sunday morning) scores reflect this.Players don't care if they lose 1-0 or 6 . This is also reflected on players moving to top clubs and are happy not to play. Why is Ba at Chelsea? for example.

Cant even believe theres a discussion about this. We lost to the best, most expensive team in the league. Who have scored a truly incredible amount of goals, and havent lost in the league since about october or something. (i think)
Then we had a defender sent off and a penalty conceded. We never stood a fucking chance.
Accept it and move the fuck on.

Dermot Gallagher reckons Tottenham¿s Danny Rose should not have been dismissed against Manchester City
Last Updated: 30/01/14 11:49am

Former Premier League referee Dermot Gallagher reckons Tottenham's Danny Rose should not have been dismissed against Manchester City on Wednesday.

Gallagher believes the decision to award a penalty against Rose, when he appeared to win the ball in a challenge with Edin Dzeko, was wrong, but he feels referee Andre Marriner had no choice but to dismiss the Spurs defender after pointing to the spot.

"It wasn't Andre's fault," Gallacher said. "Danny Rose has got so much of the ball. Dzeko's knees have buckled. For me it's a good tackle.

"It's the assistant who gives the penalty, and unfortunately once the penalty's given the argument is it's a red card, it's got to be a red card because it's denying a goal scoring opportunity, but for me, no. No penalty. No red card.

"The referee should just give a corner, he's played the ball out, but the assistant has come in and he's flagged. He's flagged in all honesty he's given what he thinks he's seen. But he's read it wrong, and unfortunately he's sold the referee down the river. It should be a corner, and we can't defend that."

Tottenham endured other misfortune during their 5-1 reverse at White Hart Lane when Michael Dawson ghosted in behind Emmanuel Adebayor to meet a free-kick and volley into the net from close range, only to be denied by the assistant's flag.

On this occasion Gallacher backed the decision from the same assistant, on the basis that Adebayor was offside when he challenged City keeper Joe Hart for Christian Eriksen's aerial delivery.

Gallacher said: "The same assistant. And I think he's got this one 100% right because the law does say if a player attempts to challenge for the ball he must be given offside. Adebayor's in an offside position as the ball comes in.

"Hart goes to play the ball and Adebayor goes to head the ball. Now the minute he goes to head the ball he's interfered with an opponent and therefore he's guilty of an offside offence. Therefore the goal was correctly disallowed."

Across London, Chelsea enduring a frustrating night when they were held to a scoreless draw by West Ham at Stamford Bridge.

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho complained about time wasting from the Hammers, which resulted in seven minutes being added at the end of the match.

Mourinho also criticised referee Neil Swarbrick's decision to rule out a Samuel Eto'o effort when the striker put the ball in the net as West Ham keeper Adrian prepared to take a free-kick.

Gallacher said: "He's actually given a free kick. I just think when Neil gives the original decision there's a little lack of clarity really, people are left wondering.

"But you see from the original offence when there's a clash with goalkeeper in the six-yard area (Swarbrick) goes to the goalkeeper, says free-kick and puts the ball down."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...t-have-been-dismissed-against-manchester-city

Amazingly as all the 'booers' had left, most people clapped the players off the pitch, especially Holtby. The guy behind me at the end was giving Holtby horrendous abuse. All I did was shake my head; I am pretty sure he got the message though. Everyone was pretty chipper on the way out.
Anyway onto the game... First 30 mins they were awesome and probably deserved to be 2/3 up. We came back a little and deserved to be 1-1 up without a sending off. Instead we were 2-0 down against one of the best teams I have seen in quite a while.

I think it was a 50/50 tackle - but it probably looked worse form the side (seeing that the lino gave it anyway!) - and such 50/50 decisions more often than not go against us

Felt gutted for Rose - you could see he was shattered, especially since he was up to then probably our best performer.

Hope we appeal

I this some sort of joke. This is the first game we've lost in the PL since Tim took over.

Fuck me, It's like people have never seen us lose before. It wasn't great, but playing a half with 10 men, against City, with their current form, it was only going to go one way.

On to Hull. 3 points. Happy days.

This place will be ridiculous / hilarious if we lose, however.

Back
Top Bottom