Tottenham Hotspur v Man United (away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gunners look unbeatable as they spank Wet Spam today, Liverpool is lurking, City and Chelsea will hold on to their positions, making the Man U match a must win tomorrow
Agreed - but out of those teams, we have the least expectations by far. If LVG doesn't get top 4 (with all their spending), he'll likely be sacked.
Rodgers scraping 4th with Liverpool would undoubtedly be a disappointment for them after last season.
Woolwich are the same old same old.

We're too good this season for our own good (if that makes sense). We should really be a bit further off the top four than we are, and a win tomorrow really does throw us in that mix and would undoubtedly build our expectations up (only to then be likely disappointed).

The only people at Spurs I want to be expecting top 4 are the players themselves. And it sounds like their ambitions are doing just that.

Edit: for reference... if we did get top 4 somehow, then I'd expect it to be off the back of beating United tomorrow and then Liverpool bottling a couple of games in the run-in.
Woolwich is a bridge too far this season.

If we grab three points then I'd favor us to finish 4th over either Liverpool or Man U.

We really don't deserve 4th though, we've been jammy all season.

If we grab three points then I'd favor us to finish 4th over either Liverpool or Man U.

qJMYV0i.gif

Disagree! We are a decent side first, create our own luck second and will deserve wherever we finish, fourth?

None of us deserve it, bar Southampton maybe. They've had such a great season it'd be a shame for them to drop off now.

But I'd take 4th, and I'd love to see Rodgers and Van Gaal in danger of the sack.
No, Southampton are achieving exactly what they are capable of with thier limited ability, We have a lot more so should expect more.

We have it all to do tomorrow and its within our capabilities. I hope we give it our best shot. Its only 3 from 30 we are playing for until the end of the season.

Full backs have to be on top of their games tomorrow, pricks like Ashley "Swan Lake" Young will cause any team a few problems. With Mata behind Shrek they have a good goal threat. I'd take a draw, but no reason why we can't win...unless there is the usual Keystone Cops moment at the back.

Looking at the league & the way Arse & Anal are playing I would not rule them out of 2nd Spot. Wankers.

We have a 10 game season ahead starting with a cup final. We start with 1 point behind Liverpool and 3 behind Utd. We can immediately correct this. Wouldnt we all have taken this in September. COYS

Full backs have to be on top of their games tomorrow, pricks like Ashley "Swan Lake" Young will cause any team a few problems.
Wish we had the referee from their FA Cup match against the scum (Michael Oliver). That was one brave mother fucker who knew diving when he saw it.

Having just checked, it looks like we've got Clattenburg tomorrow. Good thing, thought he's been good whenever I've seen him referee and doubt he'd get too swayed by Rooney in his face (this will happen plenty).

Odds for this afternoon

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/man-utd-v-tottenham/winner

A win for us is the outside bet of the three possible results, which is fair enough, considering our poor away record against the 'Big 5' so far this season. Including Wembley, we have faced Big 5 oppo 5 times this season, lost 4 drawn 1 :(

That record alone points to why the Big 5 dominate the betting for top 4 places

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/top-4-finish

Chelsea are a given, so don't even feature in the betting.

Of course IF we win at OT, those odds change dramatically, but I can't see that happening.

Back
Top Bottom