Sunderland v TOTTENHAM - 13th Sept 13:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Love to see Mason doing what apparently no other Spurs midfielder can do and make direct runs into the box . Really epitomises his play that he put his body on the line to score the crucial goal and got taken off aferwards. A true warrior in times when we have had a soft core for quite some time.

Love to see Mason doing what apparently no other Spurs midfielder can do and make direct runs into the box . Really epitomises his play that he put his body on the line to score the crucial goal and got taken off aferwards. A true warrior in times when we have had a soft core for quite some time.

Someone quite rightly said that Mason looks like Bryan Robson when he runs into the box and I thought he was spot on..

Last edited:
Fussy cunts. An away win and moaning going on. We played great last time and got a point, we scrapped it out today and got a win. Great to build on - look at some of the teams struggling at this stage of the season.
I've seen plenty of these shitty wins over the years from us and from much better sides - fergie's Utd were renowned for it.
3 points cunts for fucks sake

Happy to be in the universe where Mason scored the winner, and not in the one where he got sent off for trying to break an ankle.. Overall the worst performance of the season imv. Beautiful goal, but most of the time we have players trying to do everything on their own. No flow, no great plan and five defenders all capable of brain farts at any minute. Not sure what Poch is trying to achieve but he can't be anywhere close to what he wants (hopefully).

Played like shit, goal came out of nowhere. Townsend was a wonderful sub. Thought Son's work rate was decent. That corner was woeful, but oh well. One game so I'm not going to base too much on it. He'll do well for us though.

We were very lucky to get the 3 points. Defoe's shot should have gone in.

Last edited:
Very good point, but at the same time from Sons game needs to break out of the mold he was in with Levercusen and play to what is now asked him of here.

And that's the problem at Spurs, we want bricklayers to be plasterers, accountants to be salespeople etc. Why buy a player who is statistically the best counter attacker in the German league if you aren't looking for a counter attacker?

Son's best moment by today was when he picked up the ball just short of the halfway line and started charging forward towards Sunderland... he then saw someone (can't remember who) near to him and passed it on... and then our attack slowed down again. For that brief moment we saw the player so effective in Germany but the rest of the team aren't set up to attack that way.

God knows we got lucky today, a bit of luck or decent finishing from Sunderland would have seen us 2 or more goals down before we hit our stride in the 70th minute or so.

Mick, I genuinely want Poch out, and Levy can follow him.

This is the worst Spurs philosophy this century....now listen carefully. Sit down for this old boy, you might keel.

I wish we had just stuck with AVB. We would at least be 3 seasons into something by now (albeit in the Champo hehe)

But this side makes me want to stab myself in the face. And Poch is just a porky little twat with no clues.
Fuck this Spurs era.
No - really?
I hadn't noticed that you felt that way.

WE ALL GET IT!

You might want to sit down.
I actually think that you can be a good poster, but in the last year, your hobbyhorsing of your gold standard ideals and your constant derision of MPs tactics and Levy's stewardship has just become a monumental bore.

You are better than this.
But your endless carping, negativity and whining is pointless - because it does nothing but poke at an open wound and bore everyone shitless.

NOTHING but NOTHING that anyone says on here will change his management style, players matchday form or the way Levy runs the club.

Have an opinion by all means, but allow other people to have a different one without the smarmy and neverending attempts at oneupmanship. You just don't win anything - the stuff about you winning the internet - It's just not true Sammy.
Its called a joke.

Funny that you called Pochettino clueless.
I could have sworn he got us to 5th in the league with a bang average squad last year. Which I would have thought was a pretty reasonable achievement for his first season. (and yes we know it wasn't always pretty to watch)

Now - tell us all about the Prem teams that you have managed into the top 4 then Sammy.

Fussy cunts. An away win and moaning going on. We played great last time and got a point, we scrapped it out today and got a win. Great to build on - look at some of the teams struggling at this stage of the season.
I've seen plenty of these shitty wins over the years from us and from much better sides - fergie's Utd were renowned for it.
3 points cunts for fucks sake
Fair enough. Other than three points what positives do you take from that performance? Please be a little more constructive than just calling people cunts.

A good 3 points today although we've played better so far against better teams. Nice to see another clean sheet. Looking forward to Thursday now and hopefully a few confidence boosting goals

What did we learn today other than Pooch won't be here by Xmas!

We got out of jail today as I thought Sunderland were unlucky and their fans are probably gutted quite rightly!

Positives for us were Dier, Mason, Verts with Alli and Son showing promise

Negatives were Chadli, Harry, both full backs and our general system

To be fair to Pooch for once his subs were spot on and Townsend murdered their FB but Lamela in just one move was the star with 2 sublime touches from quick feet which made all the difference!

A lot of us said pre season that this year would be his last chance so give him his chance and play him centre midfield behind Harry as I'm convinced there is a really good player there and he could be magical for us!

So generally a shit performance from us but 3 welcome points and I hope we kick on from here

:lamelawtf:

What kind of material is the jersey made of? Seems to tear so easily.
I think that it would be a great idea if all teams played in shirts and shorts that dish cloths are (or were) made out of. For those old enough to remember, like the old J - cloths - the new ones seem to be a lot tougher.
They were great even when they were wet (sweat soaked) but they would tear when they got in that condition.

So basically, whenever a player fouls another by shirt pulling, the evidence would be obvious to the referee and more free kicks and penalties would be awarded.

Players would soon learn to keep their hands off

Back
Top Bottom