The Mighty Spurs vs. Northern Horse Beaters

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I could have taken the draw. We learn from the mistakes but we keep that unbeaten run going and we work hard on the training ground and find out what the hell went wrong in the second half.

But a loss just hurts.

You fuckin kidding here?

This attitude typifies why we will never win anything.

I said this when we failed to beat Chelsea, failed to beat West Brom, and now we have lost to Newcastle.

Let's wheel out the excuse-barrow.

1) Europa League!
-Walker, Rose, Vertonghen, Kane, Eriksen rested; Dier 45 mins and Alli 10 mins. Fuck off.

2) Would have taken a draw! Good effort, worked hard!
-It's fucking Newcastle. At White Hart Lane. Palace 5-1 Newcastle. Fuck off.

3) Unbeaten run shows we are hard to beat.
-Lost to Newcastle. Crystal Palace have lost SIX more than us and are LEVEL on points. Fuck off.

4) Resilience, plaudits, other bullshit.
-Tottenham 2-0 Stoke FT: 2-2
-Leicester 0-1 Tottenham FT 1-1
-Woolwich 0-1 Tottenham FT 1-1
-West Brom 0-1 Tottenham FT 1-1
-Tottenham 1-0 Newcastle FT 1-2

Enough of this shit. All this false praise being thrown around, realists being shat on. The facts are, we are still not good enough. Not anywhere near good enough. So proud of an unbeaten run that consists of more than 50% draws. Half of which were bottom half opposition. I call it like it is.

Dier- The Messiah. Yet, I have pointed out from the start, that still not good enough. Lost the ball on countless occasions very cheaply, no idea how to pass forwards.
Kane- Clueless. Ineffective. Could not hold up the ball to save his life.
Eriksen- Been anonymous for weeks.
Son- Townsend's brother from another mother.
Carroll- Completely useless.
Alli- Gets in good positions, does a lot of other needless shit antagonising players in ridiculous areas.
Lamela- Tried hard, but only one who seemed to care out of the shower of shit attacking force.

I'd prefer to see the direct attacking and running of the team against Monaco than the "first team" shitshow that has been going on for weeks. "Hard to beat" more like "can't close out the game".

We needed to click up a gear and start beating teams, closing games out, no such performances. Bournemouth, Newcastle, West Brom, Stoke and the much maligned on here, Leicester can up gears where we cannot. Wins over Chelsea, Liverpool, Woolwich and United where we could not.

Just fucking frustrating. I'm glad we lost though with the shitshow from the players at the end.

It's time to end this bullshit hope and this ridiculous faint praise, undeserved praise, for being unbeaten.

The run has ended and guess what?

Leicester are ahead of us by 6 points. Palace, Watford, West Ham, Liverpool, Everton and Stoke are all just 3 points behind. UNBEATEN RUN WOOOOO. Fuck you. It's the results that matter. And our performances have been pretty bland, ineffective, predictable etc.

This has been your usual wake up call. Stop being losers. Stop being arrogant. Stop being naive. Stop being childish.

Real winners acknowledge the problems and don't publicise toothless performances as a sign of the second coming.

As, I said before Chelsea, all were must win games. Now, 2 draws, 1 loss. Can't see us beating Watford or Norwich with this level of complacency and ineffective gameplay.

We pass backwards to Lloris like it will get us goals. We long ball, boot high and head the ball to opposition players. We dabble on the touchline playing idiotic passes in no space. We all run into the middle and then pass all the way back. Fucking predictable shit.

Next match, throw the team that played Monaco on. Except Walker for Trippier, Dembele for Carroll and Alli for Son.

Anyway, I'm sure my post will be unpopular as usual, since posters cannot take reality and necessary rudeness. Will see you all after Southampton. Hopefully it is a win. Not confident anymore. If we don't make top four, I can see Alli and Lloris leaving. Even more, if Leicester finish in it and if any of the chasing pack finish above us. Especially teams like Stoke and Palace.

Our chance and we are fucking up like "Spursy". Fuck "Spursy". Time to enter a new age. Pochettino remains unconvincing, but don't let that truth get in the way of celebrating mediocrity.

I'm a handsome one. I know. The use of the bow tie put you over the edge ?
The clown collar put me over the edge, actually. And that incredibly gay haircut.
You're not handsome, hate to break it to you. That 'I'm so fucking cool' smirk, and again, that so fucking gay ass haircut....... handsome you are not. Trust me.
You give all of us Americans a bad name, because you are such a fucking douchebag.
I enjoy this board. I enjoy the people on it. I love the sport, but its their sport. That's why I treat them and the sport with respect. You don't. You go out of your way to be a complete asshole. Doesn't that defeat the purpose? There is enough anti American shit on this board, don't go out of your way to feed into it.
Isnt there an Eagles board you can go on? You'd fit right in with those fucking douchebags.

You fuckin kidding here?

I said this when we failed to beat Chelsea, failed to beat West Brom, and now we have lost to Newcastle.

1) Europa League!
-Walker, Rose, Vertonghen, Kane, Eriksen rested; Dier 45 mins and Alli 10 mins. Fuck off.

-Lost to Newcastle. Crystal Palace have lost SIX more than us and are LEVEL on points. Fuck off.

Enough of this shit. All this false praise being thrown around, realists being shat on. The facts are, we are still not good enough. Not anywhere near good enough. So proud of an unbeaten run that consists of more than 50% draws. Half of which were bottom half opposition. I call it like it is.

Dier- The Messiah. Yet, I have pointed out from the start, that still not good enough. Lost the ball on countless occasions very cheaply, no idea how to pass forwards.
Alli- Gets in good positions, does a lot of other needless shit antagonising players in ridiculous areas.
Lamela- Tried hard, but only one who seemed to care out of the shower of shit attacking force.

I'd prefer to see the direct attacking and running of the team against Monaco than the "first team" shitshow that has been going on for weeks. "Hard to beat" more like "can't close out the game".

We needed to click up a gear and start beating teams, closing games out, no such performances. Bournemouth, Newcastle, West Brom, Stoke and the much maligned on here, Leicester can up gears where we cannot. Wins over Chelsea, Liverpool, Woolwich and United where we could not.

Just fucking frustrating. I'm glad we lost though with the shitshow from the players at the end.

It's time to end this bullshit hope and this ridiculous faint praise, undeserved praise, for being unbeaten.

Leicester are ahead of us by 6 points. Palace, Watford, West Ham, Liverpool, Everton and Stoke are all just 3 points behind. UNBEATEN RUN WOOOOO. Fuck you. It's the results that matter. And our performances have been pretty bland, ineffective, predictable etc.

This has been your usual wake up call. Stop being losers. Stop being arrogant. Stop being naive. Stop being childish.

Real winners acknowledge the problems and don't publicise toothless performances as a sign of the second coming.

As, I said before Chelsea, all were must win games. Now, 2 draws, 1 loss. Can't see us beating Watford or Norwich with this level of complacency and ineffective gameplay.

We pass backwards to Lloris like it will get us goals. We long ball, boot high and head the ball to opposition players. We dabble on the touchline playing idiotic passes in no space. We all run into the middle and then pass all the way back. Fucking predictable shit.

Next match, throw the team that played Monaco on. Except Walker for Trippier, Dembele for Carroll and Alli for Son.

Anyway, I'm sure my post will be unpopular as usual, since posters cannot take reality and necessary rudeness. Will see you all after Southampton. Hopefully it is a win. Not confident anymore. If we don't make top four, I can see Alli and Lloris leaving. Even more, if Leicester finish in it and if any of the chasing pack finish above us. Especially teams like Stoke and Palace.

Our chance and we are fucking up like "Spursy". Fuck "Spursy". Time to enter a new age. Pochettino remains unconvincing, but don't let that truth get in the way of celebrating mediocrity.
I'm not going to read all of this, but you seem like a cunt. Wind your neck in, shut your mouth, and fuck off

No melt 2 of the easy fixtures gone 1point stop counting on anything ,some of the predictions on here are composed by the brothers Grimm ,next one deserves a.
Z93sYFw.gif

The clown collar put me over the edge, actually. And that incredibly gay haircut.
You're not handsome, hate to break it to you. That 'I'm so fucking cool' smirk, and again, that so fucking gay ass haircut....... handsome you are not. Trust me.
You give all of us Americans a bad name, because you are such a fucking douchebag.
I enjoy this board. I enjoy the people on it. I love the sport, but its their sport. That's why I treat them and the sport with respect. You don't. You go out of your way to be a complete asshole. Doesn't that defeat the purpose? There is enough anti American shit on this board, don't go out of your way to feed into it.
Isnt there an Eagles board you can go on? You'd fit right in with those fucking douchebags.
It's not our fucking sport. People have been kicking balls about since before England was invented. Why are you policing his responses, I thought you were against that.
P.S. Ive not read any and know he is a bit of a dick

I'm American. Proud of it actually regardless of what anyone across the pond thinks of us. Meantime I'll pass your comments on my haircut to my barber.

It's not our fucking sport. People have been kicking balls about since before England was invented. Why are you policing his responses, I thought you were against that.
We did invent the game that is recognisable today, but no, it's not ours. Eddie was just showing a little respect in the face of some top level cuntiness.

You fuckin kidding here?

1) Europa League!

very harsh in some of your points which I disagree with.

but I 100% agree about the unbeaten crap. it was cringing watching us treat it as though its suddenly the most important thing. forget more pt's, its staying unbeaten that matters.
suddenly all logic went out the window. teams strive for more pts. not to remain unbeaten.

our win rate & points tally is about par. nothing to shout from the rooftops.
we just focus way too much on being unbeaten as though u get some sort of bonus pt's for it.

& the big problem is we were saying how great we are doing & how crap everyone else is.
yet we still aren't in the top 4.
crappy Woolwich are 7pts ahead of us. crappy utd are still ahead of us.

our season is in the balance. we could quite easily fall away to 7th or 8th.
or if we can improve we can get 4th. it is there for the taking.

I also hope we go for some silverware starting with the fa cup against the foxes.

kane clearly needs help & diers already looking jaded. DM & striker in January please levy!

& don't read too much in to totti's post. he always looks for positives & ignores negatives. some of us are positive like him & others negative like me.
its good to balance things out.

FFS, only you would read negativity into my response. You have got to be fucking kidding me.

We did invent the game that is recognisable today, but no, it's not ours. Eddie was just showing a little respect in the face of some top level cuntiness.
He can be a cunt, but he's a longstanding cunt. And he seems to have been quite polite from the two pages I've read. But none of my business, carry on fine Sir

Back
Top Bottom