Home match vs Watford - 06/02 - 1500 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's 5 points.

5 points Goddammit.

Huh? They're 5pts ahead of us? Yes. They took 4pts from 6 from us. Or do you mean they took 5pts off of us?

Either way, they're out of our control, need to take one game at a time and stay ahead of the rest first and foremost. Next Sunday is absolutely mega ultra hugely massive.

I thought it was joyful. You just sort of KNEW we'd score. Well, I thought we would anyway. We were DOMINATING. It's been a long while since we've had a game where we've actually dominated from start to finish, had zero worry about a goal being conceded but the confidence of a winning goal.
How about the last game before Watford?

Huh? They're 5pts ahead of us? Yes. They took 4pts from 6 from us. Or do you mean they took 5pts off of us?

Either way, they're out of our control, need to take one game at a time and stay ahead of the rest first and foremost. Next Sunday is absolutely mega ultra hugely massive.

We took 1 point off them. One draw and one loss. I hope this helps.

Having watched the game about 16 times over on MOTD, I'm so happy to come on here and say I was WRONG to be so underwhelmed by the signings of Davies and Trippier. They are both fucking class. In fact, so are Rose and Walker. So whoever Poch picks out of them 4 I feel real fucking happy. And as. I type happy ...Trippier scores again

What will our line-up be against City? So many options
Ridiculously tough, I would say the same but with Alli in for Chadli, feel for Son but Lamela always saves his best games for City :p

Walker might also come in as even though Trippier was MOTM against Watford I feel Walker is more suited to these sorts of matches.

Thought the whole team played well today. What a fucking miserable day it was, weather wise.
We totally dominated them. Just didn't have that final piece of luck. However, we kept on going relentlessly, not changing our way or panicking and we got our reward.
Gomes was a nice touch.
Kane had a couple of good chances and I think maybe the flight of the ball had something to do with it.
Alderweireld is fucking amazing. Watching him today was a pleasure. He seems to have everything.

LCFC have basically discarded the cups and been lucky with injuries. I think this will help them win the title, Unless they get hit with a few key injuries,
I just wonder if the FA cup and especially the EL will be a bit too much for us, as it has been the past few seasons.
I believed at the start that we would not have the depth and experience to manage it. However, each time I see this team play the seem to be able to handle it.
LCFC only have 13 games to play, we could have double that if we go all the way in the cups, and that's what we intend to do.
Unlike them and Spam we believe we can cope.
What does everyone else think. Would they prefer us to field a weak team in the EL, I mean start players like Carter Vickers, Wicks, Harrison, Onomah, Bentaleb. and concentrate on the league?
Maybe a team like:
Vorm
Trippier
Davies
Carter Vickers
Wimmer
Bentaleb
Winks
Mason
Onomah
Harrison
Son

If not, would they be really pissed off if we didn't win any cups and saw that the toll sacrificed league position?

Myself I think if we are in it, go for it. The beginning was the time for sacrificing it. Whatever happens we should feel proud of the way the team has progressed. This is the first time in MP's tenure that we have a settle squad with team spirit and ethics. We have turned the corner and it now seems to be working. Everyone else can see this is nothing like the Spur sides of old. We must remember that great things take time. LCFC didn't build that clubs set up & team mentality just this season. Ranieri has come in and just built on it. MP has had to start from scratch.
I think it will be a step too far of us. All this talk of title by others is a little premature. LCFC are in the driving seat.
Man City have the squad to cope, on paper and, more importantly, have been here before ( Europe and League).
Woolwich, in my belief, haven't a better team than us but have also been here and done it before.
That counts for a lot, experience.
Fuck me, this team/squad continues to amaze me. When you look at the stats and see we are first in almost all, have less goals conceded, take more shots, youngest team, second highest goals for, etc, etc, and how we invariably outperform every team we play, it's still hard to believe.
It's fucking ingrained in us.
One day at a time, in this case game.
I hope we do. I want to see us win a title in my lifetime. I could die a happy man.

Ridiculously tough, I would say the same but with Alli in for Chadli, feel for Son but Lamela always saves his best games for City :p

Walker might also come in as even though Trippier was MOTM against Watford I feel Walker is more suited to these sorts of matches.

Such a hard call that one. Wouldn't be surprised if :pochfacepalm: had to toss a coin to decide! :pochlol:

Looking at most of the press coverage and as usual they are short changing us, with the main focus on Leicester beating Shitty, staying top and the Bin Dippers having a sulk and walking out of their ground!!! It annoys that we are not being given the credit the club deserves, however upon refection it is Leicester who now has the full focus of those media bastards and we can fly under the radar for a little longer, even if it will be for a couple of weeks at least!

Apparently the world believes that Leicester will win the title, well we will have a say about that, that's for sure, COYS

Last edited:
Looking at most of the press coverage and as usual they are short changing us, with the main focus on Leicester beating Shitty, staying top and the Bin Dippers having a sulk and walking out of their ground!!! It annoys that we are not being given the credit the club deserves, however upon refection it is Leicester who now has the full focus of those media bastards and we can fly under the radar for a little longer, even if it will be for a couple of weeks at least!

Apparently the world believes that Leicester will win the title, well we will have a say about that, that's for sure, COYS

I'm absolutely fine with the press doing that. Let them talk up Leicester to their hearts desires. It could be good for us to go under the radar for a bit yet.

Teams decided pretty early in the season to park the bus against us, and Poch and the team has proved, they can solve that. However most teams haven't really adjusted to Leicester yet. People will be looking to their match against woolwich, but even if Leicester lose that one, it's pretty much par for the course. I'll be looking more at their two matches after that one. Norwich and WBA will probably go to their place and sit deep. If they solve that with the pressure of everyone talking them up for the title and the need for a win that breeds, then I'll be truly worried.

Until those next three matches are out of the way, there's no way I'll be calling Leicester anywhere near favourites for the title, as I hear a lot of people saying.

:walker-scream::dierno::dierno:
stay calm spurs and win the league.

giphy.gif
Don't be a muppet!

Thought the whole team played well today. What a fucking miserable day it was, weather wise.
We totally dominated them. Just didn't have that final piece of luck. However, we kept on going relentlessly, not changing our way or panicking and we got our reward.
Gomes was a nice touch.
Kane had a couple of good chances and I think maybe the flight of the ball had something to do with it.
Alderweireld is fucking amazing. Watching him today was a pleasure. He seems to have everything.

LCFC have basically discarded the cups and been lucky with injuries. I think this will help them win the title, Unless they get hit with a few key injuries,
I just wonder if the FA cup and especially the EL will be a bit too much for us, as it has been the past few seasons.
I believed at the start that we would not have the depth and experience to manage it. However, each time I see this team play the seem to be able to handle it.
LCFC only have 13 games to play, we could have double that if we go all the way in the cups, and that's what we intend to do.
Unlike them and Spam we believe we can cope.
What does everyone else think. Would they prefer us to field a weak team in the EL, I mean start players like Carter Vickers, Wicks, Harrison, Onomah, Bentaleb. and concentrate on the league?
Maybe a team like:
Vorm
Trippier
Davies
Carter Vickers
Wimmer
Bentaleb
Winks
Mason
Onomah
Harrison
Son

If not, would they be really pissed off if we didn't win any cups and saw that the toll sacrificed league position?

Myself I think if we are in it, go for it. The beginning was the time for sacrificing it. Whatever happens we should feel proud of the way the team has progressed. This is the first time in MP's tenure that we have a settle squad with team spirit and ethics. We have turned the corner and it now seems to be working. Everyone else can see this is nothing like the Spur sides of old. We must remember that great things take time. LCFC didn't build that clubs set up & team mentality just this season. Ranieri has come in and just built on it. MP has had to start from scratch.
I think it will be a step too far of us. All this talk of title by others is a little premature. LCFC are in the driving seat.
Man City have the squad to cope, on paper and, more importantly, have been here before ( Europe and League).
Woolwich, in my belief, haven't a better team than us but have also been here and done it before.
That counts for a lot, experience.
Fuck me, this team/squad continues to amaze me. When you look at the stats and see we are first in almost all, have less goals conceded, take more shots, youngest team, second highest goals for, etc, etc, and how we invariably outperform every team we play, it's still hard to believe.
It's fucking ingrained in us.
One day at a time, in this case game.
I hope we do. I want to see us win a title in my lifetime. I could die a happy man.
LC are in a very good position and do have a clear run. We also are in a good position to mount a challange. Once LC play the Svum thats it for them, no more big teams until the end by which time they have won every game probably ?. After yesterday nothing has changed for me (ive already been questioned about this) I do not feel we can win the PL. But I will cheer us on in every game and wish we can do it. If we go unbeaten to the end of the season who knows . LC will not drop many points. One game at a time, City next massive game for lots of reasons.

Last edited:
I'm absolutely fine with the press doing that. Let them talk up Leicester to their hearts desires. It could be good for us to go under the radar for a bit yet.

Teams decided pretty early in the season to park the bus against us, and Poch and the team has proved, they can solve that. However most teams haven't really adjusted to Leicester yet. People will be looking to their match against woolwich, but even if Leicester lose that one, it's pretty much par for the course. I'll be looking more at their two matches after that one. Norwich and WBA will probably go to their place and sit deep. If they solve that with the pressure of everyone talking them up for the title and the need for a win that breeds, then I'll be truly worried.

Until those next three matches are out of the way, there's no way I'll be calling Leicester anywhere near favourites for the title, as I hear a lot of people saying.
LC have not shown any signs of wilting. They are favourites (first time I think) and we should allow them to be, let everyone know. We need them to feel the pressure to slip up, they play with so much confidence, without fear. All are still believing they will fall away which suits them. They have a man in charge who is well above their level and they will hang on every word tactically spoken from him and believe. CR is a wise old owl and a brilliant coach. City for me want the CL and the Scum don't know what they want? We are the only contenders. lets see where we are next weekend?

Back
Top Bottom