Italian Espresso Drinkers FC. vs The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur EUROPA LEAGUE

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have no problem with what Alli did however......

Every prem ref will have seen that and for the next month every "orange" tackle he makes will be a straight red.

You saw it with shawcross and Barton, that when you get the rep for being dirty, you lose the benefit of the doubt.

I think Alli knew a split second after that kick that it was horrendously stupid. You could clearly see he was tired and frustaded the way the opposition played their game before the incident. Unnecessay, but he will shake it off during the time he matures.

Everyone making a big deal about the kick.
Get on with it, wasn't really that bad.

Seems like when Hazard 'kicked' the ball boy.

Tbh I'm not surprised he was frustrated looking at the way they were playing.
Every time I blinked there was one of them on the ground.

Alli did a bad thing. I hope it doesn't become a pattern. Kane's yellow towards the end really had me shaking my head. Probably didn't deserve it. I just hope these yellows don't come back to haunt us later in the competition.

Because lets be clear here.

We are going to wipe the floor with them back at the The Lane and move on to the next round. Without a doubt.

COYS

Dele no doubt has a short fuse. He's had players kicking lumps out of him all season, and he takes the bait a lot of the time. The more he reacts the more players will single him out to try to make his head fall off. The more his head falls off the more refs are looking for him to react and all of a sudden you've got a massive liability in the team. I'm sure Poch and the staff are aware of this and I'm sure they're all working on his anger. I really hope it's just his age and the massive step up this season and it's not an on going problem. He seems such a nice lad and he obviously has a bright future. I really hope this isn't the start of something potentially disastrous for his career.

I have no problem with what Alli did however......

Every prem ref will have seen that and for the next month every "orange" tackle he makes will be a straight red.

You saw it with shawcross and Barton, that when you get the rep for being dirty, you lose the benefit of the doubt.
I also think that it will provide more ammunition for opposition managers to instruct their players to goad him more on the field! Poch has to instill some self-discipline into the lad! He is our key this year along with Dier

Dele no doubt has a short fuse. He's had players kicking lumps out of him all season, and he takes the bait a lot of the time. The more he reacts the more players will single him out to try to make his head fall off. The more his head falls off the more refs are looking for him to react and all of a sudden you've got a massive liability in the team. I'm sure Poch and the staff are aware of this and I'm sure they're all working on his anger. I really hope it's just his age and the massive step up this season and it's not an on going problem. He seems such a nice lad and he obviously has a bright future. I really hope this isn't the start of something potentially disastrous for his career.
Alli's head never goes. He's the one trying to get other people's heads to go. You rarely see him lose his cool, hence the backing off when the Fiorentina player reacted to him. He's the one always smiling in the angry players face, because he knows he succeeds in winding others up.

Reading David Ellerays book some time ago, he told of the plight refs going into these games that involved big clubs. The way they try to influance the refs with gifts and the way they are treated if the home team didnt get their support. English clubs as Utd wre at it also. Refs are put under a lot of preasures and succumb to it. I know in his day they were part time and now they Refs are seen as proffessional. The influance is still there. English cluds are seen as cash cows but are disliked by Europe IMO. A wash of yellow cards to our best players yesterday was calculated and will be used against us when the games get really important as the last 8 or semis. I am cynical and will never see it differant. Our blanket ban was not justified in the 80s (only Liverpool should have been) was it coincidence that prior to the ban we dominated Europe compitition?

My biggest worry is his temperament for the NLD. God knows we will need all 11 on the pitch to wipe the floor with them, and Alli will need to keep his cool in that atmosphere.

Just saw the Itallian's goal too, was a belter so won't feel too bad for Vorm. :p

The last thing Alli needs is everyone going on about him. The more its said the more its believed. Hes young, enthusiastic and sometimes over zealous. He is not dirty, sneeky or calculated in anyway. He is an excellant prospect and will not let us down. we should look at why he did it_they were so annoying with thier victim behaviour. Tomovic was a twat, sorry. I know Alli shouldnt react as he did but he did. Slap him on the wrist and move on.

My biggest worry is his temperament for the NLD. God knows we will need all 11 on the pitch to wipe the floor with them, and Alli will need to keep his cool in that atmosphere.

Just saw the Itallian's goal too, was a belter so won't feel too bad for Vorm. :p
Alli sometimes only stands out if the other player plays the victim. If they gave as good as they get, then Alli would be seen as a young player who can hold his own.

I hope you are all right and I'm reading too much into it. He gets involved a lot when it would be better imo to walk away. Off the top of my head wet spam at home with Nolan? That little kick yesterday was intentional and if he does start getting a rep it can only mean bad things for Dele and more importantly Tottenham. I hope I'm proved wrong but I think I'm seeing it differently to some of you.

CbkQAEcUMAAzgX2.jpg:large

Where were the home fans and what a shit ground!

Screputation post: 957278 said:
I hope you are all right and I'm reading too much into it. He gets involved a lot when it would be better imo to walk away. Off the top of my head wet spam at home with Nolan? That little kick yesterday was intentional and if he does start getting a rep it can only mean bad things for Dele and more importantly Tottenham. I hope I'm proved wrong but I think I'm seeing it differently to some of you.
Getting a reputation is only bad if the player believes it and tries ti live up to it. Alli is not that sort of player. We are a long way into the season and fatigue can set in and can bring out moments as this. I know hes done petty things before, this was just a lazy outburst which is clearly not him.

Rule 18.07 states that if a player features in the first, second or third qualifying rounds of either the Champions League or Europa League, he can play for another club in either competition from the group stages onwards, provided his former employers do not reach the group stages themselves.
Rule bloody 18.07... they just make it up as they go along...
And I BET that rule was only invented cos some former CL found themselves on hard times, and 'accidentally ' played an I eligible player in the EL Qualifiers and couldn't handle it!

Rule 18.07 states that if a player features in the first, second or third qualifying rounds of either the Champions League or Europa League, he can play for another club in either competition from the group stages onwards, provided his former employers do not reach the group stages themselves.
Thats convenient for some?

Back
Top Bottom