Italian Espresso Drinkers FC. vs The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur EUROPA LEAGUE

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We need to win this on Thur, as I'm worried what 2 home losses on the trot could do to morale and momentum aside from the fact that we'd be dumped from another competition.

i'd rather we lose on thursday, than get another injury and compromise our champions league bid in the league..sorry not sorry. The injury concerns are begining to mount. Vert, Lloris and now Dembele..key players are out.

i'd rather we lose on thursday, than get another injury and compromise our champions league bid in the league..sorry not sorry. The injury concerns are begining to mount. Vert, Lloris and now Dembele..key players are out.

You want the team you support to lose a football match?

Sorry pal but this kind of attitude makes me seethe. Even with the last day of the 98/99 season coming to mind.

Haven't delved into the depths of European football news but do the likes of Dortmund, Napoli, Villarreal etc all moan about playing Europa League football? Or moan at how it "effects" league form? Or is it just an English term and a cause to be negative?

Sorry pal but this kind of attitude makes me seethe. Even with the last day of the 98/99 season coming to mind.
That was very different... we had fuck all to play for, and yet could still do our bit to make sure THEY didn't win the league...
You only had to see the look on Ferdinands face when he scored at the POSSIBLE enormity of what he'd just done...
When you THINK about it, OUR players spared OUR supporters a Summer of misery from gloating Gooners... I'm glad we didn't exactly roll over that day and get spanked for 6 or more, but it's still the ONLY Spurs Match I've watched where I was more relieved we'd lost than won.

I have a bad attitude, yet some on here were trying to scapegoat Bentaleb for our loss on sunday?.
We have a fantastic starting 11, but outside that I am not convinced. i am not convinced we can defend as successfully if we lose one of our two fit central defenders.Same goes for our midfield, what choices do we have without dembele and carroll ? Dier+Mason.I am not convinced we will rotate the squad sufficiently for sunday's game against swansea and this will lead to points dropped.

-------------Kane------------
Eriksen---Dele------Lamela
--------Dier----Mason---------
Rose--Wim--Ald-------Walk
-----------Vorm----------------

-----------Son-------------
Chadl--(?)-------Onomah
--------Bentaleb (?)---------
Davies-(?)----(?)--Trippier

injured: Lloris, Dembele, Clinton, Vertonghen, carroll.

The depth is not there, this is my argument.One more hit and we will struggle defensively.

I have a bad attitude, yet some on here were trying to scapegoat Bentaleb for our loss on sunday?.
We have a fantastic starting 11, but outside that I am not convinced. i am not convinced we can defend as successfully if we lose one of our two fit central defenders.Same goes for our midfield, what choices do we have without dembele and carroll ? Dier+Mason.I am not convinced we will rotate the squad sufficiently for sunday's game against swansea and this will lead to points dropped.

I'm not scapegoating Bentaleb. I think he's lacking in playing time and the fact that he didn't play well yesterday is partially down to that as well as others such as Dier being on top DM form, but the loss is down to a combination of things.

I want us to rotate a bit to enable us to optimise all performances, but I don't want us to lose. I want our boys to be taking over Prague or Bilbao in a few weeks. I want us to be back in Basel frittering 8 euro a pint just to see us lift that trophy.

I see the same thing year after year. Im not changing my stance.we have injuries,players are tired.progression in the europa will harm our league position.this isnt psychology or anything to do with attitude.we need our best players fit and fresh to kick on.i knew we would lose to palace after that trip to italy.i have the same feeling about swansea.poch needs to give the players a rest and rotate more.this heavy training syill cant offset a post europa hangover.

We are all disappointed we lost on Sunday (obvious) but I, for one can not listen to, what could have been.
I hope everyone has got over it and accepted the outcome.
...We always bounce back after a defeat and go on a good run. So looking at a win on Thur, no reason why we cant get the result. Then we can all look forward to the Swansea game.
In Poch we trust.

I see the same thing year after year. Im not changing my stance.we have injuries,players are tired.progression in the europa will harm our league position.this isnt psychology or anything to do with attitude.we need our best players fit and fresh to kick on.i knew we would lose to palace after that trip to italy.i have the same feeling about swansea.poch needs to give the players a rest and rotate more.this heavy training syill cant offset a post europa hangover.

Have it your way, but if we lose on Thursday, drop points to Swansea anyway and end up battling Man Utd for fourth after being on for three trophies because we lost momentum in late February, it won't be because we were in the Europa League.

Can I want us to win but not be in the competition anymore?
Not sure how that works but if you want us to "not be in the competition anymore" because we're in the Champions League next season, then bloody hell yes I agree. If it's Europa or nothing, this season or next, it's Europa. We have to be in Europe, whatever the competition.

Not sure how that works but if you want us to "not be in the competition anymore" because we're in the Champions League next season, then bloody hell yes I agree. If it's Europa or nothing, this season or next, it's Europa. We have to be in Europe, whatever the competition.
Batter Fiorentina but play Denis Cherysev.

Wrong -sorry

We are so much better as a club/team/supporters because Poch has potentially put us on the brink of something special happening. Nothing is certain in football but, it being possible is everything. We are not unique in having to rotate players and prioritise games. What we mustn't do is pick and choice what games we want to win or lose.
We need to take each game as they come and choose the players as necessary. It will all make sense in May?

The positive i do see here is we have 3 consecutive home games .ie: Palace, Fiorentina and Swansea.Other than the game in italy last week. There is no travel here and the players won't have their training routine/recovery time significantly disrupted.

All in on the league. We can't loose out on more key players now.

------------------------- Vorm ----------------------
Trippier - Carter-Vickers - Wimmer - Davies
-------------------Bentaleb-Mason----------------
-------Onamah---------Eriksen---------Chadli-----
-------------------------Son----------------------------

As someone previously said, we lack depht in the squad.
I don't want to play either Wimmer or Eriksen for this one.

-

Back
Top Bottom