Italian Espresso Drinkers FC. vs The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur EUROPA LEAGUE

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

First half we were great and could have been a couple of goals to the good. I think a combination of us easing off and them actually turning up to play in the 2nd caused the draw. However we didn't look too trouble and didn't seem to exert too much energy in the game so I'm quite happy with this.

Expecting Kane, Lamela and a few others to start on Sunday then a bit more rotation for next Thursday's return leg. We can come out of this busy period with 18/19 players fully match fit and through in two competitions which would be great.

Alli's head never goes. He's the one trying to get other people's heads to go. You rarely see him lose his cool, hence the backing off when the Fiorentina player reacted to him. He's the one always smiling in the angry players face, because he knows he succeeds in winding others up.
I think Ryan Mason has a bit of that about him too...

Getting a reputation is only bad if the player believes it and tries ti live up to it. Alli is not that sort of player. We are a long way into the season and fatigue can set in and can bring out moments as this. I know hes done petty things before, this was just a lazy outburst which is clearly not him.

No player player gets a reputation for being easily wound up and try's to live up to it. My point is he does some silly things in the heat of the moment. Which can not be good. The booking in the West Ham game was pointless. I think the foul by Noble was on Dier, Alli got involved after the FK had already been given and got booked. He had the best intentions standing up for his team mate but got a needless booking. The more players notice this the more they will try get in his head. The kick yesterday was more proof that he can let players get in his head and lose his cool. At the top level things like this are spoken about in team talks before games and players will target him more. The more he reacts the more he'll become a target, there for gaining a rep for such, making refs give him less benefit of the doubt. I've played with young players in their teens that where very much the same as how i see Alli. They are In there twenties now and have a much cooler head. They came to realise through costing us games and sometime trophies, that it's not worth the moment of revenge and winning is a far greater feeling than hitting the showers early and letting yourself and more importantly the team down. I just don't want to see Alli do that. The best way to piss off the oppo and get one over on them is to be better than them. Letting things go and winning is a far better way to go about things.

I also don't think Dele is a dirty player or not a nice person. Sticking up for yourself and team mates is not a bad trait to have but there are better ways to go about it.

Clearly the difference between our B team and our A team is bigger than it is for Tottenham.
This is the only hope I have for the second leg...

No player player gets a reputation for being easily wound up and try's to live up to it. My point is he does some silly things in the heat of the moment. Which can not be good. The booking in the West Ham game was pointless. I think the foul by Noble was on Dier, Alli got involved after the FK had already been given and got booked. He had the best intentions standing up for his team mate but got a needless booking. The more players notice this the more they will try get in his head. The kick yesterday was more proof that he can let players get in his head and lose his cool. At the top level things like this are spoken about in team talks before games and players will target him more. The more he reacts the more he'll become a target, there for gaining a rep for such, making refs give him less benefit of the doubt. I've played with young players in their teens that where very much the same as how i see Alli. They are In there twenties now and have a much cooler head. They came to realise through costing us games and sometime trophies, that it's not worth the moment of revenge and winning is a far greater feeling than hitting the showers early and letting yourself and more importantly the team down. I just don't want to see Alli do that. The best way to piss off the oppo and get one over on them is to be better than them. Letting things go and winning is a far better way to go about things.

I also don't think Dele is a dirty player or not a nice person. Sticking up for yourself and team mates is not a bad trait to have but there are better ways to go about it.
I disagree, players do get a reputation for being easily wound up and some will believe they need to live up to it when others manipulated them. As his career progresses he needs to learn and get out of the habit reacting without thinking. Agree...fortunately, Alli is not a nasty sort of player, he is just young.

You say,

"The more players notice this the more they will try get in his head. The kick yesterday was more proof that he can let players get in his head and lose his cool".

Thats reputation? Alli believes he needs to react like this because thats how he sees himself. His a young player amongst senior more experience players and they will take advantage of his naivety. Frustration gets the better and he throws his toys out of the pram. He will settle down and be the star we all want him to be. We need to appreciate the transformation from Div 1 to Prem, most would have had the dodgy hair cut by now and just enjoyed the payday. He is different and I know you agree, will be brilliant for us whichever way he turns out.

I disagree, players do get a reputation for being easily wound up and some will believe they need to live up to it when others manipulated them. As his career progresses he needs to learn and get out of the habit reacting without thinking. Agree...fortunately, Alli is not a nasty sort of player, he is just young.

You say,

Thats reputation? Alli believes he needs to react like this because thats how he sees himself. His a young player amongst senior more experience players and they will take advantage of his naivety. Frustration gets the better and he throws his toys out of the pram. He will settle down and be the star we all want him to be. We need to appreciate the transformation from Div 1 to Prem, most would have had the dodgy hair cut by now and just enjoyed the payday. He is different and I know you agree, will be brilliant for us whichever way he turns out.

Of course I agree. Like I said he seems a lovely lad and has a big future. I know from experience putting your arm round a young player and telling them is not enough. They need to learn from their own mistakes. At the level I've always played at it not that much of a big deal to let your team down players are quite forgiving. Football fans not so much.

David Beckham 98 ring any bells?

:chadliwtf:

Clearly the difference between our B team and our A team is bigger than it is for Tottenham.

You seem to be a workman like team, playing the averages.

First half, I thought you did well closing us down quickly to stop our quick movement and passing. You just couldn't keep it up. However, once you scored, that seem to give you energy and confidence and into the second half you were better. It was a fair result at the end.I though we looked a better team but you missed some chances that on another day would have seen you win this comfortablly.

They may do in the second leg?
I seiously doubt it... not with Swansea coming up the following weekend.
I'd wager it'll be a similar team to last night, and maybe even to Sundays FA Cup tie...
Poch clearly has a 'Cup side'... it's still a good one mind, but he's made certain changes from the League games.

I reckon stronger side Sunday for Palace. Similar team for second leg, perhaps Dier comes in. We then rest again for Swansea but more similar to Palace line up , full strength against West Ham and again for Woolwich.

I seiously doubt it... not with Swansea coming up the following weekend.
I'd wager it'll be a similar team to last night, and maybe even to Sundays FA Cup tie...
Poch clearly has a 'Cup side'... it's still a good one mind, but he's made certain changes from the League games.
I just feel players as Dier, Lamela will feature. Which will bring us almost to fall strength.

Been very impressed with our game management recently, going all out when required combined with taking it easy every chance we can get.

You seem to be a workman like team, playing the averages.

First half, I thought you did well closing us down quickly to stop our quick movement and passing. You just couldn't keep it up. However, once you scored, that seem to give you energy and confidence and into the second half you were better. It was a fair result at the end.I though we looked a better team but you missed some chances that on another day would have seen you win this comfortablly.

Yeah the lucky goal gave us confidence but at the same time Kalinic, Badelj and Vecino (three starters) coming in in the second half gave the team a much better structure and quality.
Kane, Dier and Dembele didn't impact the game as much.

In the first half I felt you guys were in total control but lacked a bit of directness.
The midfield battle was uneven, Borja is a terrific player but you can't count on him in terms of tactical discipline, he just moves around according to his inspiration, and Tino Costa is just inadequate for this level at this point of his career.
The Badelj-Vecino midfield in the second half is like 10 times more effective and turned the game around for us.

So is Bentaleb on the trading block btw?

Tino Costa was dreaful in the middle, does Astori tend to play regularly? He gave away a lot of fouls and was surprised a card happy ref didn't produce a second yellow in the 2nd half.

Tino Costa was dreaful in the middle, does Astori tend to play regularly? He gave away a lot of fouls and was surprised a card happy ref didn't produce a second yellow in the 2nd half.

Yeah Astori is a starter.
That play you refer to baffled me, wasn't it Son's offside? The linesman raised his flag at least. So why was the foul called?

Back
Top Bottom