Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I love all this, and when after a few results go against us, and people don't turn on him, I'll love it even more.
Hopefully his stock is high enough that he'll get a free pass at times like that.

We weren't all too bad at the start of this season, were we? Some (who are suspiciously absent from the forum) may have turned on him but not the rest...

Proud of the fans at WHL singing the players off the pitch at full time on Monday. Meltier fan bases would have been booing, I'm sure.

Hopefully his stock is high enough that he'll get a free pass at times like that.

We weren't all too bad at the start of this season, were we? Some (who are suspiciously absent from the forum) may have turned on him but not the rest...

Proud of the fans at WHL singing the players off the pitch at full time on Monday. Meltier fan bases would have been booing, I'm sure.

Plenty on here wanted him out. It's pointless naming names, but they know who they are.

Fair enough.
Christ, the start of the season feels such a long time ago. Didn't get a win for, what, four or five games? Kane wasn't scoring...

Man City looked unstoppable.
:levylol:

Yes, and many on here were supporting City as the club to most likely stop woolwich from winning the title. Everyone's a believer now of course. I didn't enjoy being on here at that point I'll be honest.

Yes, and many on here were supporting City as the club to most likely stop woolwich from winning the title. Everyone's a believer now of course. I didn't enjoy being on here at that point I'll be honest.
I was probably of that mindset re: Man City and Woolwich - though not at the detriment of enjoying Spurs!

I'm almost looking forward to the transfer window this summer. Tends to make some people emotive (myself included - I nearly had a meltdown when we didn't sign Berahino)
:allitongue:

Edit:

Seriously, everytime I click this thread I read the first page of everyone not wanting him and laugh to myself.

And that lovely Saints fan gave us a really great write up about Poch... I'm gonna go back and find that now.

Yeah, this guy nailed it.

Saints fan in peace.
To those of you bitching and moaning about MP let me give you some context.

I am and have been a Saints fan for over 30 years. Season ticket holder since I was 7 (With the exception of two separate years - when kids and finances dictated) and have seen players and managers come and go, which is part of the game.

I've seen players like Channon, Ball, Shilton, Wright, Keegan, Williams, Wallace, Shearer, Hoddle (You lot again) Walcott, Bale, Chamberlain etc. etc. all leave.
Not one of those departures hurts as much as this one.
I genuinely think you now have one of the best managers in the league. He is completely different from anything else you have seen. Not all players will survive his arrival - Including big names, but for those of you that are moaning..... take yourselves back to the first half at White Hart Lane against the Saints...... We battered you, humiliated you and then gave away a bizarre goal and let you back in. Your squad won't let that happen - More maturity, depth and quality.

Enjoy the ride - And you will get one.

I was probably of that mindset re: Man City and Woolwich - though not at the detriment of enjoying Spurs!

I'm almost looking forward to the transfer window this summer. Tends to make some people emotive (myself included - I nearly had a meltdown when we didn't sign Berahino)
:allitongue:

Edit:

And that lovely Saints fan gave us a really great write up about Poch... I'm gonna go back and find that now.

Yeah, but supporting teams above us (at the time) made us look smalltime. We ask for it sometimes.

Haha. Sorry mate. Didn't mention any names as you're well alright. We've all written stuff we're not proud of today. :dierpochhug:

I genuinely LOL'ed over it, though :nawty::pochsulk:
I'm happy that it has been dredged up. It's a timely reminder of how things change. I genuinely thought he would be next through Levys revolving door. At least I didn't promise to eat my own shit if he was still in a job by the end of the season. Thank fuck for that.

:adewtf::avbdamn::avbnaa::ossie:

I'm happy that it has been dredged up. It's a timely reminder of how things change. I genuinely thought he would be next through Levys revolving door. At least I didn't promise to eat my own shit if he was still in a job by the end of the season. Thank fuck for that.

:adewtf::avbdamn::avbnaa::ossie:
Those who forget history are condemned to repeat it.

Probably a good thing for the fanbase that the guy who wasn't top of anyone's list for the job (myself included - I was a Frank De Boer kinda guy), has come in and done so well. Always good for fans to realise every now and again that they don't know shit.
:pochsmirk:

Plenty on here wanted him out. It's pointless naming names, but they know who they are.

Yeah, they should be ashamed.

:walkercry:

To be fair, we were poor at the end of last season and the start of this campaign. There were postitive signs but no real evidence that it was all about to click. Quite a few of us were saying he should get up until Xmas but that's it...

Then something happened. Diers new role seems to have been the big factor as all of a sudden we were attacking with numbers without losing defensive solidly - Toby providing the pragmatic foil to Jan's ball playing style. Poch sorting out that dynamic has made a huge difference to the season so fair play to the man, he's the real deal.

Back
Top Bottom