Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I wouldn't label any of those players world class because of it.

That's my point.

They could beat Bayern Munich 10-0 for all I care. There's only a hand full of world class players around. Lamela is not one of them.
If you're still referring to what I said, I didn't say Lamela is world class. I said he had a world class season.

So bored of people writing off Lamela at every opportunity. You guys can want rid immediately in favour of whoever played well in the last 24hrs but you won't be happy when Lamela walks out of the club and becomes a very talented player wherever he ends up.

If you genuinely thought that Lamela would be banging in 15+ goals this season then you're not a realist and you have expectations that cannot be met. His price tag was not his fault, it was the fault of the directors and board members who approved spending that kind of money on him. Now that we have him, we may as well hold onto him because he has all the tools you need to be a top quality player. He needs a lot of coaching but that is the easy part, it is the natural talent and technical abilities which are the much harder aspects to teach - which he has in abundance.

Just let the kid play in a Spurs side that he has every right to - he suits the system down to the ground with his high pressing approach and it's not like we have any world beaters to take his place anyway. Give him the rest of the season to adjust and watch out for a productive 2015/2016 season. It's extremely rare for a player to get to the PL level in a single season (not counting last season where he barely played due to injury).

I'm still unsure about Lamela.

At times I honestly think he's a complete waste of a shirt. I don't want him to pull up trees but I'd expect more impact than we are really getting from him.

He's definitely got something there, anyone can see that, but his influence is far too infrequent.

I definitely wouldn't give up on him just yet, having said all that.

To me it's looks like he's trying to be "the guy." Once he realizes he can be just as successful playing second fiddle to Erisken, he'll be fine.

If you genuinely thought that Lamela would be banging in 15+ goals this season then you're not a realist and you have expectations that cannot be met.

In no way did I expect him to light up the league, but by this point I fully expected him to not be getting dispossessed at almost every opportunity. I still get nervous when he is anywhere near our own box. He certainly has much more natural talent and ability than Townsend, that goes without question. Unfortunately, Lamela just cannot play on the pitch at the same time as Eriksen. Which is a huge problem. Until we get that figured out, I don't think Lamela should be starting.

I wouldn't label any of those players world class because of it.

That's my point.

They could beat Bayern Munich 10-0 for all I care. There's only a hand full of world class players around. Lamela is not one of them.

And I didn't either. But these players were world class for us.

I haven't said that Lamela is a world class player. I said: You gotta be something if you manage to feature in almost any league game, and a cup final while you are young. However, since Roma finishied almost like us last season it didn't matter, just like our Bentaleb or Kane. <--- SARCASM

what we paid is the piss take
This. But we had our pants pulled down because clubs knew we had/were about to get a huge transfer fee for Bale. So with the exception of Eriksen & Chadli we paid over the odds for a coal mine of players hoping to find a diamond. I think Eriksen, rather than Erik, is that diamond but it's wrong to write off a young lad like Lamela. He has the tools in his locker & Poch, as a fellow Argie, will teach him how to use them. He's clearly beefed up from last year & has plenty more time to become a true physical beast. When he learns how to tackle & gets to grips with the speed of the prem, he will be a valuable player for us. I'm confident of that

I wonder how many of the same people who wanted Lamela out of the starting lineup in recent weeks will now want him to be a fixture on the right hand side? Fickle fuckers.

Back
Top Bottom