Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Argentina and Italy share a lot of the same culture and there's a big argie community out there too, according to stobart he has a lot of friends and family out there too

I just don't think an Argentine would move from England to Italy because he's homesick anymore than I'd move from Spain to Australia because I was homesick , just seems like more bullshit to me from the papers , they've tried to put all of our players in the shop window in the last couple of months.

It would be a shame if he wants to return, but my only real surprise is that it took the press so long to start with these stories. He went back 2 weeks ago, and I expected to read this the following day.

As far as Im concerned he's injured.
But, If he is homesick, then its best he's allowed to go for at least what we paid for him, as he's actually a better player than when he came.

We can easily strengthen well for 30M.

I miss Lamela, and I would love to see him in our new formation.....but fact is we've actually seen our best football under Poch without him.

I just don't think an Argentine would move from England to Italy because he's homesick anymore than I'd move from Spain to Australia because I was homesick , just seems like more bullshit to me from the papers , they've tried to put all of our players in the shop window in the last couple of months.
I really do hope you're right but I think this story definitely has legs to it, the Argentinian-Italian connection shouldn't be underplayed either, just look at serie A it's absolutely littered with argentines, or even our own managers surname

I really do hope you're right but I think this story definitely has legs to it, the Argentinian-Italian connection shouldn't be underplayed either, just look at serie A it's absolutely littered with argentines, or even our own managers surname

I think lamela is a guy who's very serious about his career and as a young player of enormous potential he could do no better than Spurs and he knows it , just can't see him leaving unless we want him to leave. A Former Roma player is in Rome depressed about personal tradgedy and recurring injury is very easy for a journalist to turn into a story.

No way to know if the story is true, but there is something going on behind the scenes, it seems to me that Lamela has some kind of mental issues going on, depression or something. The club seem to be being accommodating of whatever it is but I'm not really convinced by the idea this is all just about a minor hip injury.

I really hope he stays, personally. But I guess we'll have to see what happens..

It would be a shame if he wants to return, but my only real surprise is that it took the press so long to start with these stories. He went back 2 weeks ago, and I expected to read this the following day.

As far as Im concerned he's injured.
But, If he is homesick, then its best he's allowed to go for at least what we paid for him, as he's actually a better player than when he came.

We can easily strengthen well for 30M.

I miss Lamela, and I would love to see him in our new formation.....but fact is we've actually seen our best football under Poch without him.

And he was the only one still putting in a shift at end of last season, only one trying

Poch definitely saw that too

We need him, for those days Eriksen just isn't right what an option, plus great in the regular 4231

And he was the only one still putting in a shift at end of last season, only one trying

Poch definitely saw that too

We need him, for those days Eriksen just isn't right what an option, plus great in the regular 4231

Agreed.

At one stage it seemed like he was involved in every single one of our goals. On his day, I think he's easily one of our best players. Works hard, very creative, if he ADDED goals to his game then he'd be an instant start every single week.

I still think this formation will get the absolute best out of him too.

Let's see what comes of this but we already need to invest in a creative player so if he was to leave we would need another aswell in my opinion.

Stobart has a good reputation but he's also been adamant about a lot of transfers that never came off.

Presumably you didn't move to Australia as a teenager and spend 3 or 4 years there....

I think lamela is a guy who's very serious about his career and as a young player of enormous potential he could do no better than Spurs and he knows it , just can't see him leaving unless we want him to leave. A Former Roma player is in Rome depressed about personal tradgedy and recurring injury is very easy for a journalist to turn into a story.
Roma are just 1 point behind the league leaders in Serie A, they've been appearing regularly in the Champions League for years, they can pay the same wages as Spurs, and they've even got their own shiny new stadium on the way. From a career standpoint, it's kind of a lateral move, he certainly wouldn't be taking a step down or anything.

Hope it doesn't happen though, he's a terrific player.

If it's true then take the £30 million and let's reinvest in another top player or two. I like Lamela he is such a good presser but keeping someone who is home sick here if it's true ain't good for us or him.

Maybe in the summer we try and buy Isco, Bernado Silva, Bernadeschi or someone of that ability as our replacement.

Presumably you didn't move to Australia as a teenager and spend 3 or 4 years there....

Roma are just 1 point behind the league leaders in Serie A, they've been appearing regularly in the Champions League for years, they can pay the same wages as Spurs, and they've even got their own shiny new stadium on the way. It wouldn't be a step down by any stretch of the imagination.

Hope it doesn't happen though, he's a terrific player and he's critical to the team, especially in the nightmare scenario where Eriksen gets injured.

Personally I think Serie A is a step down from the premier league these days , and feel Lamela would of pushed for a move away from Spurs long ago if he truly didn't feel settled in London , this is just Journos desperately trying to keep the hype train chugging along during a stone dead January transfer window where the biggest news seems to be West Ham pretending they don't want to sell Payet .

Personally I think Serie A is a step down from the premier league these days , and feel Lamela would of pushed for a move away from Spurs long ago if he truly didn't feel settled in London , this is just Journos desperately trying to keep the hype train chugging along during a stone dead January transfer window where the biggest news seems to be West Ham pretending they don't want to sell Payet .

Serie A is a step down, but one that would fit his abilities. He has always struggled with the tempo of the game in the PL, as he can rarely get the time and space to perform his magic. Serie A would probably be a level where he could shine regularly. In the PL he's a hard working, somewhat creative attacking midfielder, in Serie A he could be a superstar.

Yes it is, but if he's homesick and depressed he won't be thinking like that.

sad1.gif

Don't go, Erik.

Let's also be aware, him and Toby are the only two members of the first team that have yet to sign new deals, Toby I'm sure will sign on. However if Lamela is home sick we'll have to consider our options if we're to recuperate any decent fee for him. I don't wish to see him go as he is a quality player, but if he must go it'll have to be in the summer window.

Hard to say for sure. The PL is undoubtedly richer and offers more exposure, but in terms of the quality of the top teams? Juve are better than any English club, and Roma/Napoli wouldn't be out of place in the top 6 in England. It's probably a slight step down, but not by much.

It's like when a player leaves La Liga to come play in England.

Back
Top Bottom