Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hope he stays and proves the doubters wrong. People were far too harsh and unreasonable on him last season. After everything he went through, with injury and family trauma, he did pretty damn well to come back and be as good as he was. I still completely believe in him and think he can play a big role in the future.

He's going to make a great CM this season... :pochsmirk:

Plenty of negative crap in toby & rose threads too btw. Bit generous saying lamela was a significant player again for us last season.

There is negative and then there is a ridiculous, single minded vendetta. But yeah, I find it tedious to read the same thing, over and over again by the same handful of posters.

Not sure that I suggested that Lamela was significant for us last season although clearly Poch trusts him and I would say he was one of the firsts subs when not starting once he started his season back from injury. Rather, I meant that he has been significant before and I hope that he can be again this season.

There is negative and then there is a ridiculous, single minded vendetta. But yeah, I find it tedious to read the same thing, over and over again by the same handful of posters.

Not sure that I suggested that Lamela was significant for us last season although clearly Poch trusts him and I would say he was one of the firsts subs when not starting once he started his season back from injury. Rather, I meant that he has been significant before and I hope that he can be again this season.
I don't see the need for any personal abuse of any of our current players. You did say "and I haven't seen anything from him, or the club this season that suggests that he wont be a significant Spurs player again this season". I just have never seen him as a significant player for us. But who cares... lets hope he stays fit from now on.

I don't see the need for any personal abuse of any of our current players. You did say "and I haven't seen anything from him, or the club this season that suggests that he wont be a significant Spurs player again this season". I just have never seen him as a significant player for us. But who cares... lets hope he stays fit from now on.

For me he's significant in that he is in the first 15 players when fit. But I was more speaking about the fact that I hadn't seen any indication from him or the club that he would be leaving any time soon. I hope he stays, and I hope he has a good season.

Wait....did I just read that Lamela is in negotiations to extend his contract at spurs?
The haters’ piss must be simmering away just below boiling point right now.
Fucking get in there Erik lad. Get it signed up & get yourself into contention again.
:lamelaaghh:

If Lamela signs a new contract it will be a huge statement about the level of the club's ambition.
How about you shut up mate & get behind the lad & the club he plays for. All your bold statements about to come back and bite you on on the arse. Poch clearly values him. Get behind the team & stop these petty little digs at someone who is clearly putting in the work & clearly still in the manager’s thoughts.
It was boring a long time ago & isn’t getting more interesting the more frequently you tip up in this thread.

How about you shut up mate & get behind the lad & the club he plays for. All your bold statements about to come back and bite you on on the arse. Poch clearly values him. Get behind the team & stop these petty little digs at someone who is clearly putting in the work & clearly still in the manager’s thoughts.
It was boring a long time ago & isn’t getting more interesting the more frequently you tip up in this thread.

Why don't we wait to see what actually happens, here's a previous prediction from DiMarzio about Lamela:

https://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/...close-to-joining-marseille-on-loan-di-marzio/

If Lamela signs a new contract it will be a huge statement about the level of the club's ambition.

Lamela is fine as a squad /bench/ rotation option over the course of a season as long as he is accompanied by Eriksen, Dele, Son, Lucas and a brand new attacking midfield/ forward threat like Martial to join them. with Son missing large chunks of the season and possibly needing to be Kane's back up in a forward role as should Llorente and Janssen be rightfully moved on we really can't rely on getting Lamela tied down to solve our problems as a collective.

If Dembeles or Sissoko's replacement is Grealish, we end up keeping Toby and we don't invest in a player to challenge Son week on week for that number 1 slot in attacking midfield. I'd be disappointed with the ambition shown this time around. I really would

I still think he’ll be sold this summer. Sad but probably best for both parties involved - don’t see him being a regular ahead of Son or Moura so that’s a massive waste for him

I admit I was a big doubter, but him hitting that brace against Newcastle made me believe in him again. As our only naturally left footed attacker, and a talented one at that, it’d be incredibly wasteful to let him go unless we plan to get somebody else in with his stance and skill set. Considering our current transfer activity, there’s no way I’d wish Lamela out right now. We ought to give him a chance to complete a comeback with a full season of games. I’m sure he’ll be worth more after an injury free year if we do want to sell him on at the end of it anyways.

Last edited:

just don't see him going, I have nothing to back this up just doesn't make sense. Spend big on him, takes a couple of seasons to settle – becomes a regular then a series of very sad events for him, both parties worked very hard to resolve them. We both owe each other, I believe he is committed and the club and manager want him to deliver for us. If he goes it will be next season and not this one IMHO

just don't see him going, I have nothing to back this up just doesn't make sense. Spend big on him, takes a couple of seasons to settle – becomes a regular then a series of very sad events for him, both parties worked very hard to resolve them. We both owe each other, I believe he is committed and the club and manager want him to deliver for us. If he goes it will be next season and not this one IMHO

Agree, strong gut feeling he's got a role to play with us yet.

Lamela isn't the player I thought we'd signed, I must confess. Less prolific or "eye catching" (rabona notwithstanding!) but harder working, creative and vital in the press. As you say think we both owe each other at least one more season.

Back
Top Bottom