Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pav never learned English and he departed the Lane as an enigmatic hero that a lot of Yids (myself included) never *quite* wanted to see let go. In any match he could play like a puddle of runny poo for 85 minutes but for the remainder of the match come up with a cracker (goals vs Young Boys, Bolton, Blackpool & Wolves. The free kick against Kazan).

If I follow this incredibly shoddy logic, Lamela should be an absolute legend, considering he is already probably maybe three times the player Pav ever was*

*Sorry Pav. You're still Super Pav to me

Pav never learned English and he departed the Lane as an enigmatic hero that a lot of Yids (myself included) never *quite* wanted to see let go.

If I follow this incredibly shoddy logic, Lamela should be an absolute legend, considering he is already probably maybe three times the player Pav ever was*

*Sorry Pav. You're still Super Pav to me

Walker's still getting the hang of the language, but he seems to be doing OK!!
:walker:

Learning the language enough to play the game of football shouldn't be too taxing should it?

I mean it's not like Walker is going to be shouting. "excuse me squire, I'd be most appreciative if you'd vacate this area for just a second as i will soon be making an incisive foray into this general area"

In Defoe's case his footballing language is simply "I wasnt offside" "i didnt see you" "pass me the ball" "why didnt you pass me the ball"

I mean it's not like Walker is going to be shouting. "excuse me squire, I'd be most appreciative if you'd vacate this area for just a second as i will soon be making an incisive foray into this general area"

Funny this video would show up at the same time. I think he does an amazing job stringing that sentence together. Only a few hesitative moments.

Walker's halloween wind up! :vert:

Lamela has got everything needed to succeed with us. Its just a shame for him that the price tag was so high. Everyone expects him to turn up and start smashing goals in, but it doesn't work like that. I dont think you can judge him until at least after Christmas, but i have no doubts at all about him, looks very classy, just needs to settle.

Funny this video would show up at the same time. I think he does an amazing job stringing that sentence together. Only a few hesitative moments.

...me thinks 'Walks' wants to be on da telly more than he wants to be a Right-Back dis season!!

She's gonna be a busy girl tonight then!!
618w_apple_store_iphone_4s_queue_1.jpg

Long-queue-of-voters-600x365.jpg
She??

I said my wife, i didnt specify what gender they were...

This is all unnecessary. If they want to scare us they could just announce Naughton's new 10 year contract

to the tune of Jesse J: Price Tag

(from "Everyboy look to the left...")

Erik can play on the left, Erik can play on the right
can you feel that, yeah? He's playing at the Lane tonight.
He's Erik La-mela, mela, mela, he's Erik La-mela, mela, mela
He's gonna get a goal, yea, forget about the price tag.
Aint about the ch-ching ch-ching, aint about the ber-bling ber-bling
He's gonna get a goal, yea, forget about the price tag.

La-La Lala La-Lamela, La-La Lala La-Lamela,La-La Lala La-Lamela,La-La Lala La-Lamela
Well... erm... at least Jessie J is a Yid... that's something...

Thats fine by me, but i warn you, she hates spurs fans from Yorkshire.

So as long as you fall under that category, you'll be fine!

"Regarding Erik, maybe at his position it is tougher for him to adjust but we are all desirous of seeing the Erik we saw in Roma because he is a player who all you have to see is his training to know that he is a great player who is going to give us a lot in the short term," Soldado said.
:soldadowatch:

Just seen the team news. The good news is that Lamela starts and has Walker behind him instead of Naughton....

....The downside being he has Defoe to link up with ahead of him :paulinhofacepalm:

Hope the pen miss doesnt hirt him too bad. Clearly has talent and looks up, i like the guy. Unfortunately at the moment he reminds me a little of Ginola under the Goonersaurus, not really given the room to express himself.

Back
Top Bottom