Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Watch - I endure too many matches where his ineptitude thrives.

giphy.gif

As he has not played in a while it is actually watched, as in past tense, as we are not talking about a time piece here, as in a watch.....

:lamelashock:

But all those hating on Lamela, he wears our kit, he plays for our team, how about we hope he comes back fighting and makes a good contribution to the team, why fuck him off before he even kicks a ball this season?

"Lamela's play isn't up to the required standard to pose a serious threat to good teams."

If we're just basing good teams as Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool and Woolwich:

2014/2015
- Assist vs. Woolwich at The Emirates
- Assist vs. Liverpool at Anfield

2015/2016
- 1 goal and assist vs. Man City at White Hart Lane
- Assist vs. Man City at The Etihad
- Assist vs. Woolwich at White Hart Lane
- 1 goal and assist vs. Man Utd at White Hart Lane
- Assist vs. Chelsea at Stamford Bridge

2016/2017
- Assist vs. Liverpool at White Hart Lane

Started 17 games against the 'good clubs' and had a hand in 10 goals.

In comparison (within the same time frame)

Eriksen: Started 28 games and had a hand in 8 goals.
Alli: Started 16 games and had a hand in 7 goals.
Son: Started 13 games and had a hand in 3 goals.

Hell, even Danny Rose has a hand in more goals than the three above (but not Lamela). Maybe we should start playing him a lot further forward!?

Keep pushing the narrative though.

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_esahly82igowg44gc88s8so04_640.gif

Last edited:
"Lamela's play isn't up to the required standard to pose a serious threat to good teams."

If we're just basing good teams as Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool and Woolwich:

2014/2015
- Assist vs. Woolwich at The Emirates
- Assist vs. Liverpool at Anfield

2015/2016
- 1 goal and assist vs. Man City at White Hart Lane
- Assist vs. Man City at The Etihad
- Assist vs. Woolwich at White Hart Lane
- 1 goal and assist vs. Man Utd at White Hart Lane
- Assist vs. Chelsea at Stamford Bridge

2016/2017
- Assist vs. Liverpool at White Hart Lane

Started 17 games against the 'good clubs' and had a hand in 10 goals.

In comparison (within the same time frame)

Eriksen: Started 28 games and had a hand in 8 goals.
Alli: Started 16 games and had a hand in 7 goals.
Son: Started 13 games and had a hand in 3 goals.

Keep pushing the narrative though.

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_esahly82igowg44gc88s8so04_640.gif

Apparently it's Lamelas fault that we voted brexit, also he is to Blame for Trump getting elected! :lamelaaghh:

I think Lamela is capable of far more than he allows himself to be on a football pitch, that's my grudge against him. I'd love to see him kick the ball in front of him and stretch those legs out but the only time I see him anywhere near full speed is when he's running after a player who has the ball. I don't know if it's just me but he seems so hesitant on the ball sometimes. He'll have his little moments and flashes when he shows the brilliance he is capable of like the time he absolutely slaughtered Koscielny, I'd just like to see a ruthless streak in him when attacking like we see in Cristiano Renaldo as I genuinely think Erik has so much more in his locker.

He should be dominating the premier league with the talent he has yet something seems to make him a little indecisive at times, just my opinion on the lad. I'd like to see him have more shots, I'd like him to take a leaf out of Kane's book instead of stifle himself by looking for the pass as frequently as he does.

He's valuable, but he could be a world beater if just just let his talent do the talking

But Lamela IS different to the rest of our attackers. He's a creator. He CREATES. Like I said, he's the best footballer I've seen in my lifetime at Spurs at creating chances. He gets a shit load more assists than the likes of Son and Alli - but they score more, because they're goalscorers.

Dembele gets a free ride for his goals and assists ratio because he's a central midfielder. Yet many other central midfielders who are supposedly 'inferior' to him because they can't dribble as well as he can, manage to do alot more. I love Dembele and he's one of my favourite footballers to watch, but he practically brings nothing to the table besides the odd gasp of excitement when he beats a man.

Sissoko gets a rough ride because of his transfer fee. The same as Lamela funnily enough and nothing to do with their ability.

Eriksen's the best creator at Tottenham In my opinion, the guy is an assist king and a real wizard in the modern game.

Lamela had a games to goals ratio of roughly 1 in 3 when at Roma. In the Premier League he's scored 8 goals in roughly 60 odd starts and over 23 off the bench. I really like him and think he brings a real value to the team based on his defensive and attacking attributes, I just think there's a real player in there, one that you could talk about in the same breath as a Bale or a Ginola but he doesn't allow himself to reach anywhere near his full potential. I'd love to see a greedier Coco because I think he'd take everyone by surprise.

Lamela could easily be our Keita Balde (but better) we've been desperate for, he has it all but I don't see sharp enough teeth for it to happen. Just my opinion though dude

Last edited:
Always baffles me how stupid people are.

Everyone in our team has a specific task. Lamela, Eriksen, Son and Dele all have been given very different tactical instructions. They couldn't be more apart in what they do.

Eriksen is there to spread the ball and move infield, people will often close him down, making gaps. Which he then passes into. Which is why he gets so many assists + corner taker.

Dele is there to wind people up, to inter link with Kane and to move into space and to play as a 2nd striker.

Son is there to stretch teams, to make quick pacey runs and to dribble with the ball.

Lamela has the best vision out of any attacker and does a bit of everything. He would play as a 2nd striker, drawing attention away from Kane, he closes down like crazy, he dribbles with the ball and draws the foul and every so often, quite rarely, has a shot.

Judging Lamela off of his goals scored is ridiculous. It's not his job. Just because he's an AM doesn't mean he's there to score - every Am in our system has a very different task given to them. Sissoko, for example, is basically used as a defensive winger. Would I then judge him based on goals? No, I'd judge him based on the impact he's having on games. And I think Lamela has a big impact on games, as can be seen by Totti's stats.

I don't see in Lamela a player with an efficient grasp of rudimentary skills, good option choosing and an authority in possession to make the opposition worry. Too much of his play isn't up to the required level to pose a serious threat to good teams.
You could say he took on too much and tried too hard. Once he calms down, keeps it simple and does the job required in the team now, he could be good for us. He isnt up there with the best and he certainly isn't down there with the worse. Look at Alli, Kane and Rose, players some supporters questioned? I like Lamela and feel we havnt seen the best from him.

Lamela started our CL demise last season due to his inability to take control of the football, the same lack of ball control that sees him frequently running back and defending because he's given the ball away again. Pointless.
If he ever becomes able to change & influence matches when it matters your points might have a degree of latitude. I won't be holding my breath though, having watched him being ridiculed against a league 2 team. Lol.

How can I put this?

Just fuck off and support someone else that deserves you

Spam?
Chavs?
Woolwich?

Whichever you want, just not us you melting negative cunt!

Some of you guys think every negative opinion is not supporting a player or wanting him to fail. No, it is holding him accountable for poor performance. If we just blindly accepted poor play, we'd be mediocre and never improve.

In my opinion, Lamela has not been consistent enough to be a difference maker and I'm not sure he ever will be. Hes talented but not a very smart player. It doesn't matter how great his vision is if he can't do it often. He's s good squad player though. I hope he becomes a great player but I wouldn't put a wager on the it.

1:36

Look at that pass. Great vision, amazing weight on the ball and Eriksen should have done better.

How many people in our team could make that pass? The only person who can is Eriksen.

0:48

How about this pass? That is perfect football. It doesn't get much better than that, honestly.

2:30

He's chosen the more difficult pass here and he's still pulled it off to perfection. He does this sort of stuff all the time, it's not like it's a rare thing. His vision and through balls are hands down the best in our squad.

There's something that Poch has been going for this summer window. He's been buying winners. Sanchez has won a title. Aurier has won several. Llorente has won several. Poch wants winners in the squad.

And I remember a certain day a few years ago where we lost 5-1 to Newcastle, finishing behind Woolwich yet again. And who was the only Tottenham player on the pitch, working their balls off when Son, Eriksen and Kane couldn't give a fuck? Lamela. All you have to do is watch him play to know he's a winner. It's important his mentality is kept in the dressing room for this fact alone.

There's been many games where Lamela has almost single handedly destroyed teams. When we wrecked United. When he came on against City and got an assist within minutes. Lamela can be a game changer where few of our squad can.

He's 25, still a young man who hasn't hit his peak years yet. We haven't seen the best of Lamela and I think he has a huge amount of growing room and potential left in him.

How old are you , 4.?
"he's the best footballer I've seen in my lifetime"

'4' as in -years on this football planet of ours .

How long have you been following football?
How much football have you watched ?
How many players have you seen, for Lamela to be the best in your life time?

Always baffles me how stupid people are.
How stupid are people? or is it just a difference of opinion?

Everyone in our team has a specific task.

Nothing gets past you?

And I think Lamela has a big impact on games, as can be seen by Totti's stats.

Stats, stats and more stats? You give clear concise detail (opinion) of how you believe we play as a team and how individuals perform in that team, I agree. Then you back it up with stats-stats are for the numb heads?

Stats - opinion complete opposites for me. A player can have a great game and stats can show the opposite.

If you beat up stats they will tell you anything?

Last edited:
"he's the best footballer I've seen in my lifetime"

You've misquoted him entirely.

he's the best footballer I've seen in my lifetime at Spurs at creating chances.

"At creating chances".

I don't know how you can watch his assists and not appreciate how difficult many of them are to pull off. There's not many players in the world who could create the chances he does.

You've misquoted him entirely.

"At creating chances".

I don't know how you can watch his assists and not appreciate how difficult many of them are to pull off. There's not many players in the world who could create the chances he does.

I agree and can see Lamela for who he is. However, using stats to back up your opinion is precarious (big word for early morning) ?
What happens when the stats do not support your opinion, is your opinion wrong?

"At creating chances".
Thats been added since, unless I missed it?

Back
Top Bottom