Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One player I have never understood the debate on. Too many thought we were getting a bale and their expectations were never met.

The title challenge year he was a key player in our team and if healthy he will be again.

Would love to see Poch employ a CM3 of

Eriksen Dembele Lamela

Or

Eriksen Winks Lamela

I love this guy.

I really do understand some people's criticisms and I'm not about to be one of those that says "your views wrong and mines right". I feel people are harsh but they have both the right and some evidence at times to say they want better from him / than him.

But NONE of us know how hard it must of been for him over the last 2 years. You can't take everything as gospel but head had what he thought at one point may be a career threatening injury alongside the poor man losing his dog and other bad things in his life.

Yet... the more I read / learn the more I respect him. Very easy to forget that he was one of THE main Poch players from the start who helped implement this tireless wild animal like pressing we see from our players.

Again I understand people's beef with them and I'm not calling anyone wrong. But my opinion is we will see an absolute beast on the pitch if he remains fit and believes in himself again.

That is all. COYS yeah

Edit: he's given us some absolutely fantastic moments from the rabona's to some important goals.
I'll never forget ( although I bet I have the quote worded wrong) when he told Danny Rose that he not only believed the top 4 was possible but that we could win the whole thing. THATS what I want from some of these players. Step up and believe in yourselves like so many of us do!!!

Last edited:
Brilliant today, really hope he keeps this up. Like a few others on here are saying, I can see a future for him in central midfield. He plays such neat clever passes and always looks to go forward. Plus has the tenacity and pressing to be a nuisance to anyone.

Such a shame he didn’t score today he almost did, if he just put a little bit more height on the little dink effort he had, then it would have been a perfect super sub performance.

Fantastic off the bench today. If he stays healthy he will be a supersub at minimum. Having options like him and Dembélé and Son once he is back from playing with the national team to rotate with/put on off the bench can end up vital for how well we do this season.

Was so happy to see him coming off the bench and making such an important contribution. I love his attitude and just don't understand the negativity that he's subjected to from some quarters.
It is a squad game and it's in our best interests to have all the main players fit and healthy, and ready to play their part, even it means a seat on the bench.

Brilliant today, really hope he keeps this up. Like a few others on here are saying, I can see a future for him in central midfield. He plays such neat clever passes and always looks to go forward. Plus has the tenacity and pressing to be a nuisance to anyone.

Yea, well like many in here, I have some slight doubts about him in CM... but at the same time we have to remember that our current backup in CM is Sissoko. And even though I am not sure on using Lamela in CM before our regular CMs, I'd like to see him being option to this position ahead of Sissoko. He has mean defending, great dicipline, good passing and as we saw in the last game - good ball carrying skills as well. Hard to see what Sissoko would have over him (except maybe Sis is bit more calm while Erik is more prone to pick up cards / getting caught up in bust-ups)...

Say Dembele-Lamela ; Wanyama-Lamela or Dier-Lamela CM do not sound too bad. Or say Dembele-Wanyama-Lamela CM trio...

Will be watching Lamela closely this season cos he's the man he needs to prove he's good enough I'll be reporting my opinion on every performance he makes.

He did great today ,when he went direct and steamed through Fulham's defence like a gazelle and put kane in I couldn't believe it , I thought it was a matter of time before he done one of his wanky ball drags and got knocked off of the ball but alas no , showed more in 20 minutes than he showed in all the PL games he played in last season , was a big plus when he came on albeit against a stretched Fulham , he really influenced the play and seemed to play with a lot more purpose and intelligence than he has for a long time.

Definitely in credit with me so far , let's hope he can keep it up.
This is a trait of his style of play. He sucks players towards him, always has. Almost identical runs against Man City for Eriksen's goal, another at Woolwich for Kane are just two high profile ones in big games that spring to mind. By drawing the oppo towards him space opens up for others. This is why people rate him and have been saying it for a while.

Last edited:
He's a hard bastard. Got a bit of an angry streak about him, which I love. I know he has really passionate defenders in this forum. He's been really impressive with his closing down, chasing defenders and the odd spectacular pass/goal, but he's not been consistent mainly due to injuries disrupting his season.

I still feel we haven't seen the best of him yet and that run against Fulham was something that shows what he is capable of. More of this and no injuries, and he's just the type of player we are so desperately missing. Someone who gets the ball and drives the team forward!

I'd still love to see him stretch his legs out more. He seems so fast without the ball yet with the ball he loses a little of his pace with his small knocks of the ball along the ground when dribbling with it. If he could get the ball out of his feet a little more and start hitting the ball with his laces whenever he gets half a chance his value would literally double overnight.

Great to see him cut through the middle of Fulham the other day. Too many times in the last he'd have checked back and look to retain possession when he was unable to get away from them. Plenty more of that please Erik & I think he'll have a great season with us this time around

He's a hard bastard. Got a bit of an angry streak about him, which I love. I know he has really passionate defenders in this forum. He's been really impressive with his closing down, chasing defenders and the odd spectacular pass/goal, but he's not been consistent mainly due to injuries disrupting his season.

I still feel we haven't seen the best of him yet and that run against Fulham was something that shows what he is capable of. More of this and no injuries, and he's just the type of player we are so desperately missing. Someone who gets the ball and drives the team forward!

He's really not hard , maybe he thinks he is but a proper hardman like Roy Keane would have made mincemeat out of Lamela , it's one of the myths of this thread another one is Lamela would make a great central midfielder.

I'd just like to see him be more aggressive when he's on the ball and played more for his offensive qualities than his defensive and score more goals , his performance against Fulham is how he should always try and play.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom