2018 FIFA WORLD CUP RUSSIA 14th June - 15th July

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Exactly Baz , I was thinking about that game last night.

But if the ref that day had allowed the cunt to kick and foul Harry all over the Wembley pitch to his heart's content, I doubt we would have won 4-1.

Don’t start me off about the bent cunt of a ref again

Went to bed fuming!

Given other options he was right to be selected in the squad for sure. Just would have liked to have seen Rose start a game, I don't think this is bias as he's Spurs, just saw Young really struggle when on the ball and offer nothing in our build up.
I'd also have liked to have seen him start a game as well but I think Youngs experience won that battle - whilst having a relatively poor tournament by any players standards he dealt with pretty much most things that were thrown at him. I can't grumble too much about it now.

I don't really get it , i know he plays for Spurs but who gives a shit what he does in a French shirt ? If England had got to the final I'd have been delighted for lloris to do a Karius , people have written things like it would be so tough watching England in a shootout against lloris ? Bonkers I'd be willing him to go the wrong way for every penalty and delighted if he did.
Yeah but I'm not english mate. If it was Australia somehow making the final against France then sure (we played them in the group stage and sure I wanted to win but not through any fault of his) but we didn't get out of the group so from then on I was just going for the teams with spurs players.

Really mate? You had 1 shot on goal and it was that Trippier goal?
I can remember great chance by Kane and nothing else from England. Couple of shots from outside the box and that's it.
About Southgate... I didn't get why he subbed Sterling, he was one player we couldn't deal with. Dier for Henderson was just weird.
Maybe he hasn't much options on the bench, but he was watching 2nd half where England was poor and did nothing do change that.

I can remember at least 4 efforts on goal. Trippier goal. Kane's two chances and Stones header that was cleared off the line.

Sterling was definitely causing you problems and I was also surprised at the substitute. I actually wouldn't have been against us trying something different, perhaps going to a flat back four and putting Rashford, Sterling and Kane up there and bringing on Dier to partner Henderson (and occasionally drop into a back three) but that's just me.

Hopefully over the course of the next few years, we'll see some more players get chances who will hopefully be difference makers. Winks, Cook, Shelvey perhaps in central midfield who all give us something different. You never know, even Grealish might get a call up if he comes to Spurs and impresses.

Players come out of nowhere. Kane, Trippier, Maguire etc. are all testament to that.

I felt a bit down earlier today but it took me a while to get over that Juve game
Fair enough, maybe I took solace in the fact that we were a great side last season and knew in all likelihood we were going to give it another good go this year.

Edit: When people say "club before country" my head completely agrees, I'm a ST holder at Spurs and have only ever been to two England friendlies ever and pay very little attention outside tournaments, that Scotland qualifier last year being one exception, but the angst and pain I've felt during this World Cup eclipsed anything I intrinsically felt for us (Spurs) last season. Perhaps it's the frequency of our chances of success, perhaps it's the fact that the season is a slower burner, more time to accept defeat if teams like Citeh run away with it.

Don’t start me off about the bent cunt of a ref again

Went to bed fuming!
I can imagine that being a regular occurance in the Bazali household

snigger.gif

:pochbye:

Trippier for getting a shot on target

My man of the match and I hope he keeps this up for us next season

His crosses and corners were excellent and I didn’t rate him when he first joined us but delighted now
Wonderful free kick. Hopefully Poch has been watching him as Eriksen has only scored what one free kick in two years of something daft like that??? Also for corners we now should look towards maybe putting him on those too (although I'm not a corner man per se and if you analyse our we either go short or front post. We should perhaps acknowledge that an old school on the penalty spot corner may give some dividend as everyone has cottoned onto our near post routine that was so effective for us in previous seasons).

Not sure that would yield much, tbh

Everton would be a good start, imv

He’s too nice a chap and would end up like Martinez

I heard on Talksquawk that he received death threats and it was an Everton fan calling

Says it all about that cess pit up there

Back
Top Bottom