A New World

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nuns. Sometimes good Nuns. Sometimes shit Nuns.

giphy.gif

What film?

The rubber&wooden thing they used to clean chalk off the blackboard(Board rubber?) was launched in my direction a good few times as well.
Ahhh, sweet memories! I don't recall one ever actually hitting me, although I was tagged by flying chalk a few times.
A board rubber could fracture the skull, I reckon.

I'll agree with this.Not saying it should be physical.but there needs to be something.Even some of the younger ones in my local laugh at how lapse it was when they went to School.
I went to an all girls Catholic school, with a nun as headmistress. Detention was the punishment most used, but there was always the threat of the cane for the worst behaviour. It happened rarely, and was administered at assembly in front of the whole school, not behind closed doors. I had detention a few times, but I behaved myself most of the time.

Ban phones? I'd like to see someone try it! I imagine there are some schools where it's done, but equally I reckon many kids find a way around it.
55 years ago I used to have an earphone cable going from the transistor radio in my trouser pocket (they used to be called trannies!), through my blazer sleeve and into my hand, so I could casually listen to stuff in boring maths/history/geography lessons - so I'm sure kids these days can do something similar.
Was it still known as “the wireless” back then?

I went to an all girls Catholic school, with a nun as headmistress. Detention was the punishment most used, but there was always the threat of the cane for the worst behaviour. It happened rarely, and was administered at assembly in front of the whole school, not behind closed doors. I had detention a few times, but I behaved myself most of the time.
Another world to me, this. Madness to instill fear and humiliation into children imo.

In spite of the watery coat of gloss that this place has been given recently, it's still pretty unvarnished. That's why it can be a bit addictive.
TV and internet news outlets give you one side of the argument or the other, or they may be 'balanced', but all of them are sanitised and often dull. TFC, however, provides access to many areas of news etc, with all shades of opinion being expressed, much of it well-informed, some of it not, and much of it very raw and unfiltered. Although this leads to conflict, this level of freedom of speech is to be cherished, because it is informative and educationally highly valuable.
Although the recent steps taken to curb extreme personal abuse and libellous posts are good, the rules are about right now. Thankfully the changes haven't dulled the debate and humour that make TFC tick.

Has anyone ever done a thesis on this den of vipers?

...oh and you get a bit of Spurs too.
Every silver lining has a cloud...

I spy, with my little eye, something beginning with WB.

Warning Buttons - at the bottom of posts made by ArcspacE ArcspacE and Samisspurs Samisspurs , in the racism thread. Looks like they're attached to specific posts.

A post warning is open to interpretation.

It may be that you're receiving foul votes on a post and so the warning is a suggestion that you might want to delete or edit your post slightly to avoid any further votes.

It could be me spotting an off topic argument about to brew and so I'm politely tapping you (and whoever you're locked in a forum war with) on the shoulder and wondering if you could perhaps ceasefire.

The more fun question is... what happens if I ignore post warnings?
Noted

So are binnings not meant to be permanent anymore? Some are out in 24 hours after sobering up

Sin bin could be any amount of time.

Yellow card means you're on your way to a red. They do expire like they did previously though.

Red card is a permanent ban.
So is sin bin not determined by votes then but you alone?

Admin Admin I didn't say you did - I messaged you (you still haven't bothered to reply) and as you gave me a warning for presumably the word 'wanker' the reason must be foul language ....

or did you give the warning for another reason? if so please share with us all what that was ...

In case you can't remember here's the post you decided required a warning

"Wow the amount of complete wankers who profess to SUPPORT this club .... sad fecks"

A post which received 12 likes .... so share with us why you gave it a warning if it wasn't for the word 'wankers' if you won't say what's wrong how can we avoid upsetting you again?
I moved your post here. I'll reply in a bit. Busy at the minute.

Back
Top Bottom