Amazingly yes, it can be worse

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Agreed Devon. Though I feel we are only like three signings away at the moment. I feel like some comp at left wing would be ideal as Chadli could use it and another CB with some experience and serious talent to couple Jan or if he leaves to replace him. Then a solid backup for Kane who is going to come on score goals for us. Lamela and Townsend have right wing locked, Eriksen could use some comp, but with Alex Pritchard coming back from a successful loan I could see him pushing Eriksen and Chadli, in the middle we got Tom Carroll coming back to add some depth. Get rid of the deadweight and I bet just with those funds alone we could finance a good summer.
Although very worried if Hugo leaves. He must be worth 9-12 points easy to us this season in his own. Vorm nowhere near him. HAVE to hang on to Hugo.

im upset we lost obviously, hate losing and too sherwood makes it 10x worse, but am i disheartened or give up hope, not too much, yes performance was shit, no excuse for that crap, but hopefully upcoming transfer window, turf out dead wood * crosses fucking everything* levy lets poch do what he wants and buy what he needs, and we'll come back better for it next season, as poch has got a shitty squad at the moment that seems to only want to play well one way, a few times, and no team can be good from doing that, football teams need to be able to adapt and change to be successful, i still hold hope for next season as i didn't expect top 4 this season anyways

I would like to see Poch get another half a season maybe more. However, I wouldn't back him financially. If he can't build a team capable of regularly outperforming teams like Villa, Burnley, Leicester and the like with the players at his disposal now then he can do one.

Funny that the Wenger example was cited when he bought instant success with a team based on almost the opposite of his ethos. Also, look at Martinez struggling more now than he did when he inherited Moyes defence to compliment his attacking ideas. Letting a manager loose to fully choose players to implement his style is rarely the answer.

He probably won't need that much cash as he could probably bankroll a spending spree with the cash he will get from some of the exits. Also you have to remember the players playing regularly are probably exhausted. I mean Bentaleb has played practically two years straight at club and at international level with little rest. With the high pressing tactic we employ this is kind of what happens toward the end of the season. I think with a proper partnership with Mitchell and Poch he can get the type of players he will need to move forward at great transfer fees. I think that was very smart of Levy to get a guy in that has worked well with the manager in the past rather then trying to force someone with a bigger reputation onto him that probably wouldn't work. He is using our academy to great benefit and it is just a matter of time before we see this project come good. There has been so much upheaval at the club that the fact we are even in this position is truly remarkable.

I feel if we have patience with these young players and staff at the club currently we will have something to be very proud of next year.

19600_974403319250576_8164233694986604476_n.jpg

on the plus side, someone please make Yedlin's face here an emote

What is about your fat little head that cant grasp the fact that all some people want is for the players to pass to each other and sometimes tackle someone.

Its got fuck all to do with cups and CL....and if the fucking manager stopped talking about 4th, maybe everyone else would.
And here we are with the personal insults. Someone knows they're full of shit...

Its not conjecture.

Where are they? Capoue, Kaboul, Dembele, Yedlin before today, Stambouli, Fazio before today, Davies, Lennon loaned out, also Ade. Vlad didnt play in 3 months...now he´s brought in as a fucking RB.
Teling me they couldnt have helped between Christmas and now? Eased the pressure and fatigue.

Pure fucking shit management.
lol, the hyperbole from "I have no agenda" Spammy is pure gold.

Some cunts won't be happy even if Bill Nic came down to manage us again. Waaaahahha, but he didn't play Ade enough, waaaaha

Im still getting connecting trains home and all i can say is that Danny Rose was the only positive from that game. No pace, no *urgency* just fucking dull. Good to see a few of my mates for a beer afterwards though.

So how do we know who are Poch signings or who isn't next season? This season, the 'this is not his signing' seems to an easy excuse whenever we lost.

Last edited:
So how do we know who are Poch signings or who isn't next season? This season, the 'this is not his signing' seems to an easy excuse when we lost.

Well he doesn't play Stambouli or Fazio (apart from today) much so pretty much no-one yet, wait until the summer then we will get a better idea who he wants, if Levy backs him of course.

As for the team selection yes he must take some of the blame as well as the players, a mess all round. Hopefully better against Newcastle.

Back
Top Bottom