Amazon fly-on-the-wall documentary about Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yep.

In an episode where Danny Rose does everything in his power to be the bad guy it is amazing he is far from the least likable/idiot in the episode as Hitchen comes off as incompetent and moronic as you possibly could. I don't see how Levy watches that back and doesn't fire him immediately, from the whining about how hard transfers are to his ridiculous we are the most cohesive squad or whatever nonsense that was, he showed he was absolutely clueless and out of his depth at his job.
But perfect for Levy. Hitchen is either a total moron or just thankful for the opportunity to gobble up Levy's dingleberries. Or both. Mother of fucking Christ.

Are there nine episodes in total?

I don't have Amazon Prime and would only be getting it to watch this.

Ideally I'd like to watch the documentary without having to subscribe for x number of months.

Can I watch all of them as part of the free 30 day trial?

I've just seen a clip on YouTube of Rose's meeting with Mourinho.

It proves that we do not need him at the club.

Saying players were shit in training is unprofessional and uncalled for and acting like a spoiled twat because he doesn't get straight back into the team when someone else has come in and played well reflects really badly on him.

And then he says he's going to speak to Levy... What a fucking prick!!

I thought Mourinho handled it well.

Are there nine episodes in total?

I don't have Amazon Prime and would only be getting it to watch this.

Ideally I'd like to watch the documentary without having to subscribe for x number of months.

Can I watch all of them as part of the free 30 day trial?
Yes E7-9 come out Sep 14 so we’ll within 30 day trial period.

Yes E7-9 come out Sep 14 so we’ll within 30 day trial period.
These two links were kindly posted earlier in this thread :

Loving every minute of this, it's brilliant.

Anyone got any views from non Spurs fans ?

They were all getting excited when news of it released, they were wishing each other "happy All or nothing day" so many gifs of someone eating popcorn.. Now, there is nothing as they know it's not the shit show they were hoping for.. To quote the Twatterati sheep and their copy cat language this is a W for Spurs.

They were all getting excited when news of it released, they were wishing each other "happy All or nothing day" so many gifs of someone eating popcorn.. Now, there is nothing as they know it's not the shit show they were hoping for.. To quote the Twatterati sheep and their copy cat language this is a W for Spurs.
I work with a Gooner who is watching it.
Says he is enjoying it and really likes Son as a person.Loads of west ham mates are deeply disappointed though....
I haven't watched it yet

I work with a Gooner who is watching it.
Says he is enjoying it and really likes Son as a person.Loads of west ham mates are deeply disappointed though....
I haven't watched it yet

Like West ham have anything to laugh at.. I would love it if they did a version..

EhYiZAqX0AEONfT

Apart from Hitchen confirming all our worst fears of what Tim Sherwood would look like as a kind of Northern proper fooking footballer geezer DOF, the other massive take away from episodes 4-6 is how stuck in the past Mourinho is with his attitude to injuries.

This was how Ndombele got onto Mourinho’s naughty step in the first place, for not wanting to make an existing injury worse by playing with it.

We learn last night that Kane was playing with a grade 1 tear already when he did the grade 3 tear that kept him out for 12 weeks.

We saw the same kind of thing with Bergwijn.

Mourinho’s contempt for the doctor guy was palpable. Complete contrast to modern coaches and methods. Poch and AVB for example from what I can remember.

Apart from Hitchen confirming all our worst fears of what Tim Sherwood would look like as a kind of Northern proper fooking footballer geezer DOF, the other massive take away from episodes 4-6 is how stuck in the past Mourinho is with his attitude to injuries.

This was how Ndombele got onto Mourinho’s naughty step in the first place, for not wanting to make an existing injury worse by playing with it.

We learn last night that Kane was playing with a grade 1 tear already when he did the grade 3 tear that kept him out for 12 weeks.

We saw the same kind of thing with Bergwijn.

Mourinho’s contempt for the doctor guy was palpable. Complete contrast to modern coaches and methods. Poch and AVB for example from what I can remember.
In other sports, like say American football, albeit in a much compressed season, players are literally destroyed by playing with injuries for which they should be in hospital. Players are physically abused by coaches and medical staff, but it seems to be part of the "sporting" culture.

bus-conductor bus-conductor I posted the following earlier.

In the scenes between Mourino & our Head Medic Geoff Scott, I couldn't help thinking of Eva Carneiro. That whole incident when she ran onto the pitch to treat Hazard is one of Mourinho's all time worst moments. For a master psychologist, he got both the original incident and its protacted aftermath catastrophically wrong.

But I gained an additional perspective from the Sonny arm fracture scenes. Mourinho seemed angry, genuinely furious, because an injury was "destroying his work", sabotaging his team. He is so driven, and expects his players to give so much, that he tells a story of when he played with a serious arm injury. And in his mind, he thinks Sonny would also do so if the medical staff permit it. Which is probably true.

Mourinho's driven competitive nature sees medical staff as an impediment, getting in the way of his task. But ultimately medical staff should, and must, put the player's welfare first.

In other sports, like say American football, albeit in a much compressed season, players are literally destroyed by playing with injuries for which they should be in hospital. Players are physically abused by coaches and medical staff, but it seems to be part of the "sporting" culture.

bus-conductor bus-conductor I posted the following earlier.

In the scenes between Mourino & our Head Medic Geoff Scott, I couldn't help thinking of Eva Carneiro. That whole incident when she ran onto the pitch to treat Hazard is one of Mourinho's all time worst moments. For a master psychologist, he got both the original incident and its protacted aftermath catastrophically wrong.

But I gained an additional perspective from the Sonny arm fracture scenes. Mourinho seemed angry, genuinely furious, because an injury was "destroying his work", sabotaging his team. He is so driven, and expects his players to give so much, that he tells a story of when he played with a serious arm injury. And in his mind, he thinks Sonny would also do so if the medical staff permit it. Which is probably true.

Mourinho's driven competitive nature sees medical staff as an impediment, getting in the way of his task. But ultimately medical staff should, and must, put the player's welfare first.
IIRC there was something from last season where Jose praises Lamela for making himself available even though having niggles/injuries. At the sme time Jose "appears" to have a little dig at other players who don't do that.

Could be wrong but I have a vague memory of something like that.

IIRC there was something from last season where Jose praises Lamela for making himself available even though having niggles/injuries. At the sme time Jose "appears" to have a little dig at other players who don't do that.

Could be wrong but I have a vague memory of something like that.
You're correct.
Indeed, we get a version of it in the Amazon series, Ep5 or 6 I think.
It's after Sonny's fractured arm. We had an injury crisis, and Lamela and the medics agree to tell Mourinho he can play 15-20 minutes.
I remember at the time (ie real, not Amazon, time) Mourinho praising Lamela for this at one of his press conferences.
That said, Lamela comes over as a man desperate to play sadly stuck in Darren Anderton's body.

Back
Top Bottom