Amazon fly-on-the-wall documentary about Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Observations:

Mourinho doesn't respect the physios much!

Danny Rose and Steve Hitchens are miserable Northerners

I forgot how bad that Feb-Mar period was.

Lloris is a much bigger dressing room presence than I expected.

Podcast link sent to me today by a truly fucking mad Irish Liverpool supporter who is also watching the Amazon series and is (to use his own words) "completely hooked". Fascinating listening about Spurs, contracts and top stars. Lasts 12 minutes.

Last edited:
Loved the part with Lucas turning up for the young Brazilian. Such a great guy to have in the squad.
Yeah, agreed. I know it ended up a documentary but had it happened to Instagram FC up the road, they would have been on the front page of the standard.

The one that really got me was Vertonghen and the food banks. I got the impression he had been doing it for a while. Whilst I'm not an social media merchant, I had no idea that he did that

Like West ham have anything to laugh at.. I would love it if they did a version..

EhYiZAqX0AEONfT
They kind of do. BBC3 on the womens team

Must admit, can't wait to see the team talk for Sheffield Utd away.

We went into that half 1-0 down, but not out of the game. Denied a blatant goal and Sheff Utd should have been down to 10 men.

Suddenly we come out and were even worse.

Have enjoyed the interviews and pieces on Lucas, Lamela, Davies, Bergwijn, Tanganga, Dier, Son and probably others I've forgotten.

All seem to really care about the club, and came across as intelligent, mature characters.

Dele still seems to be about 17, and Danny Rose a world weary pensioner.

Couldn't have stopped him if he felt like waiting.
Frankly, I think the reason he took inters offer is cos its the only one he had. Had barca, real, maybe Juve or PSG offered him a pre contract, I think he would have waited.
Definitely. Levy was saying he'd only sell him for €20m+ which is what we got from Inter. He would have otherwise left on a free.

You're correct.
Indeed, we get a version of it in the Amazon series, Ep5 or 6 I think.
It's after Sonny's fractured arm. We had an injury crisis, and Lamela and the medics agree to tell Mourinho he can play 15-20 minutes.
I remember at the time (ie real, not Amazon, time) Mourinho praising Lamela for this at one of his press conferences.
That said, Lamela comes over as a man desperate to play sadly stuck in Darren Anderton's body.

I found that quite sad, he nearly expected to be injured, or to get injured.

Observations:

Mourinho doesn't respect the physios much!

Danny Rose and Steve Hitchens are miserable Northerners

I forgot how bad that Feb-Mar period was.

Lloris is a much bigger dressing room presence than I expected.

Whenever Jose talking to the medics it reminded me of the curb episode when Larry is asked to do a reference for a guy he barely knows, just wanting the guy to fuck off and only come back with good news

Really enjoying the documentary, and like the boys on the pod I had forgotten every single result pre covid, the champions league final fucked me good and proper

I found that quite sad, he nearly expected to be injured, or to get injured.
I'd heard about Lamela when he was one of the River Plate Academy prodigies. and then he had that one very good season at Roma, so I had high hopes when we signed him as one of the Magnificent Seven with the Bale money.
Sadly, whilst he's shown flashes, and has a committed attitude, his body constantly lets him down.

Back
Top Bottom