Amazon fly-on-the-wall documentary about Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Episode five is interesting in terms of Levy.

Everything he says is an excuse. He's the only one who I really feel is playing up for the cameras. It's all to show how his hands are tied. He wouldn't accept that sort of defeatism from a manager or group of players, but does indulge in it himself.

Of course, I'm sure it is extremely difficult. But the tone he adopts is markedly different from the rest of the club.

Everything he says is an excuse. He's the only one who I really feel is playing up for the cameras. It's all to show how his hands are tied. He wouldn't accept that sort of defeatism from a manager or group of players, but does indulge in it himself.

Of course, I'm sure it is extremely difficult. But the tone he adopts is markedly different from the rest of the club.

This is to be expected, we so rarely see or hear from him directly and this whole doc is a PR exercise for the club. Of course he’s not going to make himself look bad and he’s going to play up the challenges of the job. But it would be nice to hear him fess up to some mistakes.

Oh how I wish these cameras could have been around when he was offering Onomah + £3m for Jack Grealish.

Fair to say it is the mask of a 'politician'.... He also always reeked of geeky unease even before this doc (camera-shy or in general? probably the former).

In terms of the "pyramid" segment.

I suspect he embraces the underdog/'little ol' Tottenham' exterior for negotiations and such and has no desire to betray that tact for his media persona.

In terms of the Eriksen/Rose stuff I wouldn't have wanted him to handle it any different than what we saw.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom