Andros Townsend

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Andros Townsend..would you to keep him?

• Total voters
could mean lamela starts though, i really wanted andros on the left lamela on the right but id rather no andros and lamela starting...siggi/chadli on the left should be fine

I'd rather Andros on the left than Siggy, I'm slowly getting to the point were I don't rate Siggy much tbh

the bloke just doesn't influence matches much at all imo, great tekkers but doesn't get involved in build up play much at all and spends large parts of matches doing his best JJ impersonation

them 2 wide inverted winger/inside forward positions are very important to our current set up and therefore whoever's occupying them needs to be linking up with others and creating/scoring with abundance

I'd rather Andros on the left than Siggy, I'm slowly getting to the point were I don't rate Siggy much tbh

the bloke just doesn't influence matches much at all imo, great tekkers but doesn't get involved in build up play much at all and spends large parts of matches doing his best JJ impersonation

them 2 wide inverted winger/inside forward positions are very important to our current set up and therefore whoever's occupying them needs to be linking up with others and creating/scoring with abundance
i feel ur point about siggy...has to be chadli then, looks dangerous himself but is also willing to beat his man on the outside and cross..
although i agree with you, if andros dosnt play i still expect it to be siggi and lamela

i feel ur point about siggy...has to be chadli then, looks dangerous himself but is also willing to beat his man on the outside and cross..
although i agree with you, if andros dosnt play i still expect it to be siggi and lamela

Chadli looked promising early on, seemed a well rounded player it's just a shame he's seems rather injury prone

he showed good ability whipping in afew pin point crosses and has a great shot on him to go with his strength on the ball, tekkers and nice little quick passing moves

I liked the look of him as he always showed for the ball and tried to make things happen, hopefully he'll be back soon along with Danny Rose...

Chadli looked promising early on, seemed a well rounded player it's just a shame he's seems rather injury prone

he showed good ability whipping in afew pin point crosses and has a great shot on him to go with his strength on the ball, tekkers and nice little quick passing moves

I liked the look of him as he always showed for the ball and tried to make things happen, hopefully he'll be back soon along with Danny Rose...
any news on rose? feels like the bloke got swallowed up by a black hole...otherwise known as the spurs medical department

any news on rose? feels like the bloke got swallowed up by a black hole...otherwise known as the spurs medical department

just found these AVB quotes from 1st November

“We still haven’t been able to have Danny Rose back into training with the first team so that will take a little bit more time,” said Villas-Boas.

“It’s not something that we can control, because all of our exams have told us that the joint is fine, but we have to wait for the pain to go away.

“We can’t really do anything apart from the typical treatment we are doing. We’re conservative because you really have to wait for the pain to go away.

“The player has actually trained and run and shot with football boots on, but if pain keep coming back we always have to delay his recovery. At the moment we’re dealing with that.

“He’s already a big step up from where he was two weeks ago, but we’re probably still going to see him back after the November international break.”

Villas-Boas added: “[Nacer] Chadli has picked up a hamstring injury, so that’s why he was forced off [against Hull on Wednesday]. [Kyle] Naughton has had a big blow to his quad so he has a 50/50 chance [ of facing Everton].

“[Emmanueal] Adebayor has a foot contusion from the last training session before the Hull game, so that was on Tuesday - and Zeki [Fryers is still out] from the Anzhi game.”

just found these AVB quotes from 1st November

“We still haven’t been able to have Danny Rose back into training with the first team so that will take a little bit more time,” said Villas-Boas.

“It’s not something that we can control, because all of our exams have told us that the joint is fine, but we have to wait for the pain to go away.

“We can’t really do anything apart from the typical treatment we are doing. We’re conservative because you really have to wait for the pain to go away.

“The player has actually trained and run and shot with football boots on, but if pain keep coming back we always have to delay his recovery. At the moment we’re dealing with that.

“He’s already a big step up from where he was two weeks ago, but we’re probably still going to see him back after the November international break.”

Villas-Boas added: “[Nacer] Chadli has picked up a hamstring injury, so that’s why he was forced off [against Hull on Wednesday]. [Kyle] Naughton has had a big blow to his quad so he has a 50/50 chance [ of facing Everton].

“[Emmanueal] Adebayor has a foot contusion from the last training session before the Hull game, so that was on Tuesday - and Zeki [Fryers is still out] from the Anzhi game.”
reading between the lines, does this mean he will be back for city?

maybe if the pains went away lol

could be a shit match to return from abit of an injury layoff though, having an inform Nasri running at you all match with Zabaleta backing him up :avbshit:

maybe if the pains went away lol

could be a shit match to return from abit of an injury layoff though, having an inform Nasri running at you all match with Zabaleta backing him up :avbshit:
Away to City is the type of game that injuries don't fully heal for.

So that car accident stuff was all a bullshit windup then?

Dunno, but if you google Townsend and car crash, this comes up;
Tragedy that drives England's new star - Townsend dedicates Wembley heroics to memory of his brother Kurtis By PETER HIGGS and ALEX MILLER
PUBLISHED: 22:30, 12 October 2013 | UPDATED: 09:28, 13 October 2013

When Andros Townsend stepped on to the Wembley turf for his full England debut on Friday night he was fulfilling a promise to honour the memory of his late brother.

The Tottenham winger was just 10 years old when Kurtis, his 18-year-old brother, was killed in a car crash on the way to a match in which he was due to play for his father Troy’s team.
From that day forward, Andros has vowed to be the best player he can be, to make his family proud and to have the career his brother was denied.

Either there's a(nother) hex on a(nother) Spurs player's family, or this story is history repeating itself!

I think Roses absence has hurst Sigurdssons game a lot. He really needs the overlapping/outside option.

Not only does it offer him a passing route, someone to get crosses in etc it also creates space for him when he comes inside...

He wasn't injury prone when he came here. That's what is the worst thing about it.
His injury history is relatively scarce compared to most other footballers.
So his injury record has got worse since he moved from a technical league to the physically demanding premier league. Spurs are curesed I tell you.

Back
Top Bottom