Andros Townsend

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Andros Townsend..would you to keep him?

• Total voters
You have a good point, and one I have spouted on about for years. Footballers are not the cleverest people on the planet, and by confusing them with over complicated tactics, and restricting their need to express themselves, will only ever result in tears. This is the reason the football was so attractive under Harry, and so damn boring under AVB. In my opinion a managers job is 80% motivation, and 20% tactics.

I'm fairly certain the average footballer is more intelligent than the average person.

Wonder what plans Sherwood has for Townsend. Personally, I think Lennon and Eriksen both are definite starters over Townsend at the moment. (Not really a controversial opinon, I know). Eriksen needs to play left if only for his over all qualities, even though Townsend is obviously a better winger. Impact sub for now, I hope.

Wonder what plans Sherwood has for Townsend. Personally, I think Lennon and Eriksen both are definite starters over Townsend at the moment. (Not really a controversial opinon, I know). Eriksen needs to play left if only for his over all qualities, even though Townsend is obviously a better winger. Impact sub for now, I hope.
Would you not consider eriksen behind Ade, Lennon on the right and Townsend on the left in a 4-5-1 formation now that soldado is off form.

Tottenham’s Andros Townsend vented on Twitter on Monday in regard to a story in The Sun in which a pretty girl sold her story about her date with Man United teenager Adnan Januzaj.

The story in the tabloid was headlined “My cheap date at Adnando’s” with the subheadlines “Star spent just £18 on meal” and “He turned up in a tracksuit”.

Delving into the meat of the story, Man United’s teenager star is demonised as a cheapskate being a £30,000-a-week star who paid the bare minimum on his date with Liverpudlian Melissa McKensie.

Failing to see any double standard in the seemingly gold-digging woman selling her story to the press, the article includes quotes from Ms McKensie including:

I was so exited for the date. We met on a social network site and I got all dressed up and even got my make-up done – cost me £30. I expected him to come to me in a flashy car, but I ended up driving him about in my old blue Fiesta and I was left to pay and display. Then he said he was taking me to Nando’s – my face fell.

Feeling the pain of his fellow professional being hung out to dry by The Sun, Tottenham midfielder Townsend took to Twitter to slam the lass at the centre of the story: These girls make me sick!! How this stuff gets in the paper I’ll never know!

A copy of The Sun’s story on Adnan Januzaj is below.

Be-wMvuIQAAWbrv.jpg:large

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/t...-januzaj-then-sold-story-to-the-sun-twitter/?

Andros can go do one this morning... the fact he pulls Arse at home out of the bag, he should be docked weeks' wages IMHO! ...when was the last time an ex-Gooner did us a favour in an FA Cup draw??
Luckily for Andros, his Dad 'looked after him' by at least giving us some hope with Liverpool... (I had fully expected another 'bye' into the 6th Rd for the Arse... at least they may have to sweat a little, and play a few more of the 1st team!)

Has had around 60 shots so far in all comps. 1 goal from a cross. This kid is starting to wind me up. Someone, anyone, needs to tell him to stop because it isn't working and he's not anywhere near as good at it as he thinks.

His first game back, but still very disappointing. I'll give him time to get back to full match fitness before I start seriously judging him, but I dont think he is ready yet for playing in the PL.

His first game back, but still very disappointing. I'll give him time to get back to full match fitness before I start seriously judging him, but I dont think he is ready yet for playing in the PL.
Harsh, but I don't think he's what he's made out to be. Two impressive England games has made him the media darling. But, I have yet to see him play well for us for any period that can be considered ''form''. I'd happily take advantage of his elevated reputation and grab good money for him in the summer. He's a 5-6mil player that we could probs flog for 10. It's a shame as he's Spurs but I simply do not rate the kid.

He doesn't seem to be aware of the players around him, or what his role in the team is. 11 loans, what does that tell you? As for the indiscriminate shooting from anywhere...? Not a team player, and lacks the talent for the maverick genius mantle.

Harsh, but I don't think he's what he's made out to be. Two impressive England games has made him the media darling. But, I have yet to see him play well for us for any period that can be considered ''form''. I'd happily take advantage of his elevated reputation and grab good money for him in the summer. He's a 5-6mil player that we could probs flog for 10. It's a shame as he's Spurs but I simply do not rate the kid.

Harsh because I do rate "the kid". He has the physical attributes, the mental attributes, and the dribbling ability. He lacks shooting ability and his dicision making is very questionable.

When I said that I was thinking about his aggression and fearlessness. I think he lacks division making but has the mental attributes to be a star.
Fair enough. But I don't see how you can have strong mental attributes, and lack the ability to make decisions. He's a head down, me, me, me, player, who as Schmood says has had his head turned by England. He's not doing it for us.

I didn't like his attitude right after that foul when he was preparing to take the freekick.

As noted in a game before, this time too he just went up and hogged the ball when everyone was arguing about the foul. He even seemed to rubbish something what Soldado said in the buildup.

Idk, it could just be me being frustrated with him during that game, or it could indeed be what it is.
I know at that moment we didn't have anyone in particular on the pitch that is a good freekick taker, but imo (ignoring training) it's not like Townsend has earned first dibs on a freekick. I hope he knows that. In that close of a range, we could have tried something different, like passing it a bit sideways and letting Verts have a pop, who clearly has had good freekick experiences.

Maybe Townsend does have some arrogance, which also is shown in his countless shooting attempts.
But he's young, with proper guidance he'll learn and improve, and he'll definitely should get more a bunch of more minutes this season to build on.

I'm a big Townsend fan, still think he'll come good. Has nothing to do with him being a Spurs lad, as I've made it well known on here how I feel about Kane. I think he's got all the skills to succeed, but has just had a bit too many paychological factors that have ended up working against him. It is clear as day that kid wants so very badly to be a star for club and country. He wants it for his upbringing, his dad, the people that have known him since birth, and himself. He tasted all the glory in a very short timespan. Successful Prem loan, Spurs starter, England national team media darling. So much in a short time. But he got it all in his head too early before jumping a few more hurdles in his game, and I think he's struggling to come back from this injury as a result. Needs to slow down and humble himself and then he can go on and rebuild from there to achieve his goals.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom