Andros Townsend

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Andros Townsend..would you to keep him?

• Total voters
Why do you have to shift one that's good competition?

I'd rather shift Siggy who seems mostly fuckn useless

As said previously, I'd be tempted to have F9/Second Striker with Chadli/Siggy, then you're left with Lamela/Townsend/Lennon/Other for the wings.

Siggy shouldn't be even mentioned as a winger, just not that player. Did well for Swansea in a similar #10/behind the striker type of role and has a good shot

As said previously, I'd be tempted to have F9/Second Striker with Chadli/Siggy, then you're left with Lamela/Townsend/Lennon/Other for the wings.

Siggy shouldn't be even mentioned as a winger, just not that player. Did well for Swansea in a similar #10/behind the striker type of role and has a good shot

He's been wasted by us over the last two seasons.

Siggy is going regardless.

It is more of a hypothetical question as well. The final count of this will not be submitted to Franco and Daniel.

I'd only shift one of them if we had a good replacement lined up. I think you need atleast 4 good wide players in the squad anyway with rotation an all from being in the 4 competitions.

Wrong club/wrong time kind of thing IMO.
He has had plenty of chances to impress and simply hasnt, I just dont think he is suited.
I was a fan of his at Reading and at Swansea, but just dont think it will work out here.
Wouldnt surprise me in the slightest if he left in the summer and had a stormer next season in a different set up.

Sorry fellas but Siggy has had plenty of chances in his 2 seasons all over the attacking third and just hasn't shown enough for me. The odd moment of class but very few and far between and at 24 I'd expect better already.

sigurdsson-goal.gif

Hasn't Gylfi scored half of our goals against the Top 4 this season?

:townhmm:

Again, I'm not defending him nor do I want to. I feel that he's a liability, takes too many shots with many of those succeeding in doing nothing other than turning over the ball, and he let early attention go to his head.

Sigh. So why are you calling me out about it?

Oh yeah. Cross thread hurty feels.

Disagree completely. Siggy's best performances and most of his goals have been from the wing, cutting inside. His attempts to play through the middle have been wasteful, as his poor first touch and lack of agility have left him swarmed by opposing defenders closing down too quickly. He'll never be a pacy old-school English-style winger, but playing from the wing allows him more time on the ball and more space, and the ability to cut into open space unmarked, which is something that playing through the middle never allowed him.

Still, I just don't think that he works for our system. I'd rather have Eriksen start there and keep giving Chadli some sub time to get his bearings.

sigurdsson-goal.gif

Hasn't Gylfi scored half of our goals against the Top 4 this season?

:townhmm:

Shame your boy AVB played him on the wing when he should have been backup behind the striker etc eh? Because he does have quick feet and a good accurate snap shot on him.

No wonder his form is in the toilet. Another player AVB threw on the scrapheap due to idiotic tactics. Lamela, Siggy, Holtby, Townsend, Soldado...Fucking up players positions since day one.

Lets cross to a lone Soldado being marked out by 3 guys...Herp..derp...We can ruin two players that way! Blast the cross taker confidence and frustrate the striker.

Ugh. I feel sorry for the Townsends etc. I'd love it for the right man to come in and know how to use the tools at his disposal.

It's almost impossible to have a player with Townsends obvious skills...And for him NOT to have a single prem assist. I mean you really have to go out of your way and put forward some braindead lineups and tactics for that to happen.

There is literally no player in this world that will please you is there?

How about you check the threads THIS WEEK where I defend Paulinho, Dembele, Ade, Lloris, Vert, Sandro, Kaboul, Walker, Bentaleb, Eriksen etc etc. Even during heavy losses and terrible form?

Early Nov last year I defended all of the players I mentioned above, while others demand we use the Defoes, Holtbies, Roses, Lennons, Townsends etc. So much so they started a thread on it to drop the bigger midfielders.

Imagine starting thread like that...Then almost half a year later Townsend is on 1 goal 0 assists? Holtby is on loan. Lennon has 1 prem goal and 1 prem assist to rub together etc etc. Now imagine the frustration of the clique that started that thread (which was huge) when the season panned out? Defoe goes to Canada...Rose stepping on the ball vs the scum etc etc. You pretty much just want me to go away. So they banned me. Too much had gone down. I predicted these style players would take down AVB in another thread (they deleted that). I also had a "future Ade apology thread" when his name was mud thread. I was a troll in that too...

With Ade's form being a revelation. Why would you not pretend I am a troll to avoid talking about the holes in Spurs?

I did get one wrong though. Soldado. I backed him up until Jan...Don't trust ole Gibbsy on that one. I had no idea a man could score 30+ goals in a good league and have so little movement, effort and guile. It got me to the point where I was thinking..Who was setting him up..And lets get em!

Sigh. So why are you calling me out about it?

Oh yeah. Cross thread hurty feels.
No, it's because you're wrong, and you know it.

Look, Townsend's performances speak for themselves. You don't need to either lie or cherry pick your data to make your point about him. I said all of this clearly in my post, but you either decided to ignore it or are again trying to deliberately change the point.

Do a few seconds worth of checking your "facts", and then I won't have to spend the time correcting you.

No, it's because you're wrong, and you know it.

You proved me wrong by posting Bentlebs stats. You are (I'm sorry to say) an idiot. Because you can't quantify if Bentaleb has a worse shot until he hits the 55 shots at goal mark.

Right now he is on 12 shots at goal...I mean you using him to prove me wrong on who has the worst shot...It's fucking dumb. It's not even quantifiable because he has not scored yet. He would have to take over 40 more shots, and miss all of them to be considered worse than Townsend.

you-are-literally-too-stupid-to-insult.gif

Back
Top Bottom