Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hope Postecoglou doesn't just sit there without comment. He must see the apparent vendetta against this club. He has to.

What he needs is to get through December without us suffering any more injuries.

Then to welcome back 2 or 3 players, and to see a quick entry into the transfer market.

View: https://youtu.be/tmt53GrnEsM?si=QnRIdg5S-Q0Xx4XT

He has a point. His accent makes everything seem like it’s all going to be alright. We got be on the cusp of relegation and I’d still be calm after listening to him say “yeah, look mate. It’ll be alright. We’ll get there, mate.”

There’s not an ounce of me that has any doubt that Ange is the right man for the job. Couple of transfer windows and we’ll be golden.

People always attack managers for not "having a plan B", but most top managers have a vision of football that they stick to. We know what a Simeone team, a Guardiola team, a Klopp team etc look like. They follow the manager's principles of football. They might tweak things here and there but their approach to the game will always be consistent. Ange isn't any different. He believes that his football is the best way to win so why would he deviate from it?

I remember when Pep first came here and tried to build from the back with Bravo in goal, people laughed because he was a shit keeper and fucked up constantly. But Pep never compromised his vision of football. Now everyone plays that way.

People always attack managers for not "having a plan B", but most top managers have a vision of football that they stick to. We know what a Simeone team, a Guardiola team, a Klopp team etc look like. They follow the manager's principles of football. They might tweak things here and there but their approach to the game will always be consistent. Ange isn't any different. He believes that his football is the best way to win so why would he deviate from it?

I remember when Pep first came here and tried to build from the back with Bravo in goal, people laughed because he was a shit keeper and fucked up constantly. But Pep never compromised his vision of football. Now everyone plays that way.

Why should he have a Plan B when he's trying to implement a plan A this season, everyone said that this season is a free hit so I don't know why folk are suddenly moving the goalposts.

Plan B will come in the following season(s).

Hope Postecoglou doesn't just sit there without comment. He must see the apparent vendetta against this club. He has to.

What he needs is to get through December without us suffering any more injuries.

Then to welcome back 2 or 3 players, and to see a quick entry into the transfer market.

Not sure if there's a vendetta but I'd like someone to comment on the whole foul ratio

He won't do it but I want a journo like Ali to bring it up in a press conference and put it to him, he'll probably just brush it off but at least it will be out there.

Why should he have a Plan B when he's trying to implement a plan A this season, everyone said that this season is a free hit so I don't know why folk are suddenly moving the goalposts.

Plan B will come in the following season(s).

What plan B does Pep have? Or Klopp? Aside from the usual putting on an extra defender to close out a game or shoving your tallest one up front and hoofing it into the box when desperate for a goal?

The only plan B that top managers have is the use of top players as substitutes. That’s what we don’t have and have never had. We have never had top players sitting on the bench.

You can tell already the journalists want him to fail so he has to change his ways. Some really stupid questions today in The press Conference However, they brought out some really good answers from him as to why we won’t be changing are attacking Waze and I think that’s a good idea. We have to keep a set way of playing because when all the players are back it will pick back up to what we saw in the first 10 games.

You can tell already the journalists want him to fail so he has to change his ways. Some really stupid questions today in The press Conference However, they brought out some really good answers from him as to why we won’t be changing are attacking Waze and I think that’s a good idea. We have to keep a set way of playing because when all the players are back it will pick back up to what we saw in the first 10 games.
Do you really think the journos want him to fail?
I think the club are laughed at by the media yes, mainly because the club doesn't really live up to a big club in their eyes.
One way or another, it shoots itself in the foot, creating headlines that they can poke fun at.
I just don't think anyone takes us that seriously.

Do you really think the journos want him to fail?
I think the club are laughed at by the media yes, mainly because the club doesn't really live up to a big club in their eyes.
One way or another, it shoots itself in the foot, creating headlines that they can poke fun at.
I just don't think anyone takes us that seriously.

Maybe I did mean fail, just that he keeps on getting asked over and over again if he is going to change his style. It’s like they don’t like us attacking. No other manager gets asked to change his philosophy as much as Ange has in the last few weeks.

Maybe I did mean fail, just that he keeps on getting asked over and over again if he is going to change his style. It’s like they don’t like us attacking. No other manager gets asked to change his philosophy as much as Ange has in the last few weeks.
Look if or when, the team starts winning again, this noise will go away.
Quite often when a team, is on a losing run, and suffering an injury crisis, sometimes the plan changes for a bit to perhaps neutralise.
But because, Ange is insisting that, his team will continue to play, even with one man standing, it's worthy of discussion as far as they are concerned.
Obviously if, the team gets battered this weekend, it might ramp up again for a bit.

They just want some clicks as per usual.

Back
Top Bottom