Anyone else going to be boycotting matches, after recent events?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Will you be boycotting matches, to show your displeasure at the treatment of non-playing staff?

• Total voters
If you don't go to matches then you're not a supporter. You might be a fan, more of a follower but that's it. Supporters support their team. For those of us who followed the team (not club, owners, etc) through thick and thin, relegation (missed just one home game that year), many lean periods, then we'll still be there whoever the owners are. Bye.
I don’t think that’s a fair comment to make, many people are still supporters of the club but can’t afford to go to games, doesn’t make them any less of a supporter / fan.

If you don't go to matches then you're not a supporter. You might be a fan, more of a follower but that's it. Supporters support their team. For those of us who followed the team (not club, owners, etc) through thick and thin, relegation (missed just one home game that year), many lean periods, then we'll still be there whoever the owners are. Bye.

Absolute bollocks quite frankly, stop sniffing your own farts.

Only 1 in 60 businesses getting government money and yet ENIC are using government money to pay lower waged employees but still happy to fork out 200k per week to the players from their own pocket.

They make me fucking sick and anybody supporting their behaviour should be utterly ashamed of themselves as far as I am concerned.

Only 1 in 60 businesses getting government money and yet ENIC are using government money to pay lower waged employees but still happy to fork out 200k per week to the players from their own pocket.

They make me fucking sick and anybody supporting their behaviour should be utterly ashamed of themselves as far as I am concerned.

Not sure it really matters who is receiving the furlough dosh in that sense.

Simple point is EPL football is well funded enough to cover it's own ass.

Sadly though, in the case of some; any genuine indignation over this is watered down by their trumped-up week-to-week accusations of embezzlement and the declarations about "appalling" and "unacceptable" 'under-spending' at the club.

How many will walk away(*) rather than stay and continue to moan about what is, ahem, "unacceptable"?

(*Or join the THST and channel that indignation.)

" Upset?" Nah....

I've just spent the last 2 pages clarifying this perfectly simple point.... Well done; yet again you've proved why it is utterly futile discussing anything with you.
You're dodging the issue, mate.
Why is it OK for you to criticise Levy's decision burden to the taxpayer with staff wages, but not ok for me to criticise.

Hypocrite

They're also banking the 20% the government aren't paying.

Although there was a rumour Levy was considering putting the peasants to work on his land to make up the shortfall

You're dodging the issue, mate.

Nothing's been dodged..... The answers have already been provided.

Why is it OK for you to criticise Levy's decision burden to the taxpayer with staff wages, but not ok for me to criticise.

Hypocrite

Not at all.... Face it; your criticism holds little weight at this juncture (meanwhile if I was as disgusted with the club as you constantly claim, I'd have acted upon my indignation years ago)... Think of it as the boy who cried wolf; the one time you're justified, no-one gives a fuck what you think.

Last edited:
Nothing's been dodged..... The answers have already been provided.

Not at all.... Face it; your criticism holds little weight at this juncture (meanwhile if I was as disgusted with the club as you constantly claim, I'd have acted upon my indignation years ago)... Think of it as the boy who cried wolf; the one time you're justified, no-one gives a fuck what you think.
Me: Airfixx, mate, why are you more entitled than others to criticise Daniel Levy for being the first snout in the trough for taxpayers assistance. What gives you this special entitlement.

Airfixx Airfixx

LittleHarshHackee-small.gif

Me: Airfixx, mate, why are you more entitled than others to criticise Daniel Levy for being the first snout in the trough for taxpayers assistance. What gives you this special entitlement.

Airfixx Airfixx

LittleHarshHackee-small.gif
It’s very clear what Airfixx Airfixx said in his posts a couple of pages back. He clearly said that if we’d followed the spend spend spend policy that you’ve advocated for years, we’d be neck deep in the shit right now. It’s only a strong hold on the purse strings that will get us out of this relatively unscathed.

You always took the piss about everyone that supported Levy saying that if we spent we’d do a Leeds. Even though nobody said this. However, looking at the present situation, the likes of Everton could well be in serious trouble. That’s what you get when you sign any cunt that can kick a ball.

However, even though Airfixx Airfixx was very clear in what he said, you turned the question into something completely different, asking why he could criticise the board and you couldn’t. It’s your standard trope of being made to look simple, so just moving the goalposts. Its achingly obvious and a bit simplistic, yet it’s what you always do. No idea why you think it works though.

Incidentally, I believe you have all the right in the world to criticise or defend the board, Levy, ENIC, whoever the fuck you want. Would just be nice if you checked facts and had a think before you post sometimes.

Luckily we haven't got horrible little owners like say man city or PSG have or so we are told by "those people":letmyselfout:

I'm pissed off with the greedy players who have been unwilling to take a paycut to support their clubs. I hope some clubs go into receivership.

Gotta love the need for our greedy players to take pay cuts mere weeks after the same posters are screaming for us to give them new deals, or to sign expensive players on huge wages.

Although, if we want ENIC out, I’m happy to look at alternatives. Spent ages searching LinkedIn for “philanthropic billionaire who isn’t a money grabbing cunt”. I’ve come up dry so far, but I’m still trying. I’ll report back later with a list.
36 hours or so of serious searching and have come up with the following list:

Absolutely nobody.

It’s very clear what Airfixx Airfixx said in his posts a couple of pages back. He clearly said that if we’d followed the spend spend spend policy that you’ve advocated for years, we’d be neck deep in the shit right now. It’s only a strong hold on the purse strings that will get us out of this relatively unscathed.

You always took the piss about everyone that supported Levy saying that if we spent we’d do a Leeds. Even though nobody said this. However, looking at the present situation, the likes of Everton could well be in serious trouble. That’s what you get when you sign any cunt that can kick a ball.
I'm sure Airfixx Airfixx doesn't want or need a spokesman, mate.

Just like him, you're skirting the cheap point he was trying score.
How does my long held view that Levy is more interested in profit than investing in the team make my criticism of him being the first CEO with his snout in the state purse any less worthy than his.

And are you seriously using this current global humanitarian crisis as a weopon to praise the clubs spending over the last 2 decades? Like anyone could see this coming?

Really?

I'm sure Airfixx Airfixx doesn't want or need a spokesman, mate.

Just like him, you're skirting the cheap point he was trying score.
How does my long held view that Levy is more interested in profit than investing in the team make my criticism of him being the first CEO with his snout in the state purse any less worthy than his.

And are you seriously using this current global humanitarian crisis as a weopon to praise the clubs spending over the last 2 decades? Like anyone could see this coming?

Really?
I know he doesn’t. Just putting my tuppence in as it was so obvious what he was saying, anyone could have answered.

As I see you are still moving the goalposts, I’ll happily answer the question he didn’t come close to asking, but the one you are that has nothing to do with his.

Your criticism of Levy being SECOND to use the furlough scheme (that’s SECOND not first - it means someone else’s did it first. SECOND) is as valid as his or anyone else’s criticism. Fill your boots.

Are you now happy that I’ve answered a question that was never asked of you?

What will some 'fans/supporters' moan about now?

This is great news, even if it is damage control.

I think it's wise to always remember what ENIC tried to get away with even if they have made the right decision eventually.

This also shows the power that the supporters do have when they challenge the owners and their shit decisions.

I hope people remember that going forward, especially when they say "moaning" achieves nothing.

Back
Top Bottom