Apart from Sol Campbell, which player went down in your estimation the most?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was thinking more of Tottenham players.
Put it in the title then! ;)

No but seriously if your talking former spurs players Graham Roberts has a bit of a habit of posting daft tweets.
I don't dislike the guy although I feel like he does more harm than good with some of his opinions.

Keane for me. But not for the Christmas thing. I lost any feeling for him when he went to the scousers.

That didn't bother me, he had been a good servant to the club (at that point).

Teddy Sheringham was my all-time favourite player but I understood why he went to Manchester United and I didn't have an issue with that. He had been a fabulous player for 5 years and it was ironic that after he left, Tottenham won silverware before he did!

But it was the Christmas party that totally changed my view of Robbie Keane.
The fucking piece of shit, I'm still angry about it now.

Well... it's in the 'Tottenham Hotspur' section of the forum and not 'General football' so it's kind of obvious that I'm referring to us rather than other clubs.
Come on now you know as well as I do that even on the spurs sections it's pretty common for threads to diverge into other parts of football.

I'm not sure player power is behind either the Keane or Kanoute situations.
Player power is where the player deliberately undermines the manager's day to day authority or looks to force his removal.

I meant it more in the (general) sense of a player pulling against what he knows is right for the club, rather than the (narrower) sense you describe when there's a campaign to undermine the manager.

Robbie Keane was one of my favourite Tottenham players (in his first spell) but I lost all respect for him after he went behind Redknapp's back, organised the Christmas party in Dublin and then for the defiance he showed towards Redknapp in the aftermath. This undoubtedly led to him going to Celtic on loan shortly afterwards.

What made it worse for me was that Tottenham were clearly going places under Redknapp and I would have thought the players would have shown Redknapp more respect, particularly Keane who instigated the whole thing.

I now view Robbie Keane as an absolute prick, a complete turnaround in my opinion of him.

Another was Freddie Kanoute for the way he fucked off mid-season to the African Cup of Nations to play for Mali (who he had NEVER played for before - he couldn't get into the France squad) at a time when we were in desperate trouble in the League and he was the only person scoring goals for us.
His actions could have got us relegated.

My dad's choice would be Mike England because he said he turned his back on Tottenham when they were struggling.
Although this was before my time, I'd tend to disagree with this.
England was struggling with injuries at the time and left English football altogether. If he was fit and had joined another top flight side that would have been different.

I'd be interested to hear other people's opinions on Mike England leaving Tottenham.

I remember reading an article written by ME at the time saying that he was disgusted by his form at the time just after one of the home internationals where Geoff Hurst made a fool of him several times

Robbie Keane was one of my favourite Tottenham players (in his first spell) but I lost all respect for him after he went behind Redknapp's back, organised the Christmas party in Dublin and then for the defiance he showed towards Redknapp in the aftermath. This undoubtedly led to him going to Celtic on loan shortly afterwards.

What made it worse for me was that Tottenham were clearly going places under Redknapp and I would have thought the players would have shown Redknapp more respect, particularly Keane who instigated the whole thing.

I now view Robbie Keane as an absolute prick, a complete turnaround in my opinion of him.

Another was Freddie Kanoute for the way he fucked off mid-season to the African Cup of Nations to play for Mali (who he had NEVER played for before - he couldn't get into the France squad) at a time when we were in desperate trouble in the League and he was the only person scoring goals for us.
His actions could have got us relegated.

My dad's choice would be Mike England because he said he turned his back on Tottenham when they were struggling.
Although this was before my time, I'd tend to disagree with this.
England was struggling with injuries at the time and left English football altogether. If he was fit and had joined another top flight side that would have been different.

I'd be interested to hear other people's opinions on Mike England leaving Tottenham.
Didn't most of the squad go on that bender with keane? Are they all cunts aswell or did keane have a gun to their head? You view keane as a complete prick because he organised a Xmas party with his team mates that had no affect on our season

Didn't most of the squad go on that bender with keane? Are they all cunts aswell or did keane have a gun to their head? You view keane as a complete prick because he organised a Xmas party with his team mates that had no affect on our season

You've clearly not read my message properly.

Read it again.

Last edited:

I quite liked Robbie and he speaks well of us

Showed tremendous bottle when burying an injury time penalty against the Scum at the Lane when the protests and toys being thrown out of the pram by those wankers went on for several minutes
At the Paxton end as I recall

Not sure that anyone is currently not trying but Adeboye certainly did. Hated him for his scum connections but then he just stopped playing.

He never did for Poch true enough but turned in the odd decent performance for Timmy

:sherwoodlol:

I quite liked Robbie and he speaks well of us

Showed tremendous bottle when burying an injury time penalty against the Scum at the Lane when the protests and toys being thrown out of the pram by those wankers went on for several minutes
At the Paxton end as I recall

Was this before or after Christmas 2009?

Was this before or after Christmas 2009?

Can’t remember mate and can’t be arsed to look but they had to avoid defeat to win the title I think
Henry went and decided to celebrate in front of the Park Lane faithful and some trouble followed

I find it hard to begrudge a player his international ambitions and it wasn't his responsibility to carry the whole team. We had four other strikers on the books in 03/04 and a whole squad of players who under-achieved. We didn't have a problem scoring goals; we were letting too many in (a cup tie against Man City springs to mind) and that's not the striker's fault.

His international ambitions with a second choice country he had never played for after not being able to get into the France squad...

We were averaging a goal a game at the time so I would say scoring goals was a problem.

Back
Top Bottom