Apart from Sol Campbell, which player went down in your estimation the most?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Modric, Eriksen, Rose, and Keane I don't really fancy anymore for their shite attitude, but Berbatov really disappointed me. I honestly thought he would have been even more incredible for us had he stayed. And him going to United was even worse. Nuff said for Campbell.

I'm not trashing the past but there are always players who end up disappointing us in some form or other and I was interested to hear other people's views.

It isn't anything to do with recent results. I would have started this thread if we were top of the table.

As far as Pochettino is concerned, I hope and expect that he will be given time to address the current issues.

And I would much rather have things the way they have been for the last 4 seasons - top 4 each year, our highest league position for over 50 years, a Champions League Final but no silverware - than 4 seasons of mid-table mediocrity and a League Cup.
You seem to love trashing the past and players that performed very well for spurs. Why can't you remember how good they were for us at the time?
Sure we probably were all pissed off at the time with the way certain players acted but i ain't letting it affect the good times they gave us

What's your next thread going to be
Michael Dawson was he a cunt?
Or
Was Lennon the shit Theo Walcott?
Always got an issue with ex spurs players

Henry left Woolwich in 2007 and returned briefly in 2012 so this was during Keane's first spell at the club.

And if Woolwich were going for the title then it was definitely before Christmas 2009!

Fuck me I didn’t realise it was that far back!!

Jumpers for goalposts eh?
Um?

Well
DT?

Over my head too I think

Changing the subject but I heard on Talkshite that Troopz is mates with Aubamayang and they text each other

Really?

Troopz is a cunt
He dislikes our ex players so much he might be dt for all i know. I am sure he would of preferred wiltourd playing for us instead of keane
All he does is slag off ex spurs
Yeah i heard that aswell. I can't stand that cunt either

His behaviour, not the football.

Interest in the England job?
I don't blame him for that.

If he had left to manage England, I would have been disappointed but I wouldn't have resented him for it.

In the end, the FA went for Hodgson because they didn't have to pay West Brom compensation.

Yeah, it was so obvious that was going to set us back.

Zokora was no where near being an adequate replacement.

Can you really blame him for leaving when United came calling?
It would be very difficult for any player to turn that down and there's not much the club can do to stand in his way especially when the transfer fee is 5 times what we paid for him 2 years earlier.

Did anyone spot that I was defending a former Tottenham player there (and not for the first time in this thread) rather than 'going after' him?

Sort of agree with 1882 1882 , lots of negative threads at the moment, but I love a good moan too, so I have a huge list of players who have gone down in my estimation. It doesn't take much for that happen, usually when they bugger off to another club.
Berbatov, Klinsmann, Carr, Keane, Sheringham, Barmby, Modric, Bale, Carrick all spring to mind, and a special mention for our current want-aways - Rose, Eriksen & TA.
Barmby - yeah that one was a downer too at the time. Especially as he chose to go to Boro.

Robbie Keane was one of my favourite Tottenham players (in his first spell) but I lost all respect for him after he went behind Redknapp's back, organised the Christmas party in Dublin and then for the defiance he showed towards Redknapp in the aftermath. This undoubtedly led to him going to Celtic on loan shortly afterwards.

What made it worse for me was that Tottenham were clearly going places under Redknapp and I would have thought the players would have shown Redknapp more respect, particularly Keane who instigated the whole thing.

I now view Robbie Keane as an absolute prick, a complete turnaround in my opinion of him.

Another was Freddie Kanoute for the way he fucked off mid-season to the African Cup of Nations to play for Mali (who he had NEVER played for before - he couldn't get into the France squad) at a time when we were in desperate trouble in the League and he was the only person scoring goals for us.
His actions could have got us relegated.

My dad's choice would be Mike England because he said he turned his back on Tottenham when they were struggling.
Although this was before my time, I'd tend to disagree with this.
England was struggling with injuries at the time and left English football altogether. If he was fit and had joined another top flight side that would have been different.

I'd be interested to hear other people's opinions on Mike England leaving Tottenham.

Story was he didn't get a testimonial but Gilzean did, even though England had been at the club 10 years and Gilly hadn't.

Robbie Keane was one of my favourite Tottenham players (in his first spell) but I lost all respect for him after he went behind Redknapp's back, organised the Christmas party in Dublin and then for the defiance he showed towards Redknapp in the aftermath. This undoubtedly led to him going to Celtic on loan shortly afterwards.

What made it worse for me was that Tottenham were clearly going places under Redknapp and I would have thought the players would have shown Redknapp more respect, particularly Keane who instigated the whole thing.

I now view Robbie Keane as an absolute prick, a complete turnaround in my opinion of him.

Another was Freddie Kanoute for the way he fucked off mid-season to the African Cup of Nations to play for Mali (who he had NEVER played for before - he couldn't get into the France squad) at a time when we were in desperate trouble in the League and he was the only person scoring goals for us.
His actions could have got us relegated.

My dad's choice would be Mike England because he said he turned his back on Tottenham when they were struggling.
Although this was before my time, I'd tend to disagree with this.
England was struggling with injuries at the time and left English football altogether. If he was fit and had joined another top flight side that would have been different.

I'd be interested to hear other people's opinions on Mike England leaving Tottenham.

Too young to have seen the ME incident so can't really comment. Would need to ask older fans in my own family!

RK - I wouldn't call him a prick, but he went down in my estimation for all of the reasons you say. He did return but it wasn't quite the same, and he obviously wasn't as good!

More or less agree re. Kanoute. A very silky and smooth player on his day but his attitude left a lot to be desired at times. I think with a better mentality he could have been a very good player for us, rather than one who was fitfully good. Probably not an easy time to play for us, in his defence.

Only a few replies in and what I think this shows (together with the OP) is that though we gripe a lot about modern players the issue of player vs. club power has always been a live one.

I'm not sure player power is behind either the Keane or Kanoute situations.
Player power is where the player deliberately undermines the manager's day to day authority or looks to force his removal.

For me, the Keane incident was an example of a player going behind the manager's back in the hope of not being found out which is a different thing.

Under the rules, Kanoute had every right to do what he did but that doesn't mean it was right and the consequences could have been disastrous for Tottenham.
It wasn't a deliberate act to undermine anybody but he should never have done it.

As far as Jennings is concerned, I didn't think it was his decision to leave Tottenham. The club felt he was surplus to requirements and let him go.
Jennings would have stayed but Tottenham released him so I don't really have an issue with him going to Woolwich.

Another factor in the Robbie Keane incident was that Redknapp rescued him from his disastrous spell at Liverpool.
You would have thought Keane would have felt indebted to him.

But no.
The fucking prick.

More or less agree re. Kanoute. A very silky and smooth player on his day but his attitude left a lot to be desired at times. I think with a better mentality he could have been a very good player for us, rather than one who was fitfully good. Probably not an easy time to play for us, in his defence.

It's still not a reason to fuck off mid-season to take part in an international tournament with a country that he's never even played for.

The fucking cunt.

Back
Top Bottom