ARE WE GOING TO FINISH TOP HALF THIS SEASON?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you not think that paying a manager £15m per year (the second highest in world football) is investing in the team and making it a priority ?
No. I think it was a cheaper option than giving the best manager we had this century the backing he deserved and the support he'd earned.

And it was the only kind of name that would placate the fans who had grown to love and respect Pochettino .

Ultimately, it looks like a gamble that's backfired and will take quite a few years to put right

No. I think it was a cheaper option than giving the best manager we had this century the backing he deserved and the support he'd earned.

And it was the only kind of name that would placate the fans who had grown to love and respect Pochettino .

Ultimately, it looks like a gamble that's backfired and will take quite a few years to put right
An even cheaper option would have been to employ someone else.

Sad thing is I don’t think we needed much during that 18 month baron spell. Full backs fix, CM upgrade, AM upgrade and a cover for Kane. Basically similar to what we bought Mourinho.

Of course. But like any chairman, Levy wants the fans on board.

Replacing Pochettino with someone like Eddie Howe, who was also being touted at the time, just wouldn't have cut it
Just as well, because Eddie Howe is shite.

Please don’t tell me we are just concentrating on Bournemouth cast offs now? Folk wanting Redknapp too. Jesus.

Sad thing is I don’t think we needed much during that 18 month baron spell. Full backs fix, CM upgrade, AM upgrade and a cover for Kane. Basically similar to what we bought Mourinho.

Levy deserves criticism for that. Even if it was Poch who didn’t want the players, Levy would have needed to persuade him that we need continued investment especially in a pacey and physical league like the Premiership. Of course, if Levy was the one locking down the purse strings, he deserves the brickbats.

On Jose, I actually don’t fault Levy as I could see the thinking, and we have spent on players (effectiveness of scouting is another matter...). With hindsight, it looks like a gamble that hasn’t worked out.

Just as well, because Eddie Howe is shite.

Please don’t tell me we are just concentrating on Bournemouth cast offs now? Folk wanting Redknapp too. Jesus.

It where we are. When Poch was on the ropes all top manager where talked about from Nagglesman to Allegri now we are so desperate to get Jose out any fucker will do.

Of course. But like any chairman, Levy wants the fans on board.

Replacing Pochettino with someone like Eddie Howe, who was also being touted at the time, just wouldn't have cut it
Hang on, "Levy wants the fans on board".

According to some, he doesn't give a fuck about fans. He's only interested in profits.
If he wanted the fans on board he wouldn't have hired that Gooner cunt.

Levy deserves criticism for that. Even if it was Poch who didn’t want the players, Levy would have needed to persuade him that we need continued investment especially in a pacey and physical league like the Premiership. Of course, if Levy was the one locking down the purse strings, he deserves the brickbats.

On Jose, I actually don’t fault Levy as I could see the thinking, and we have spent on players (effectiveness of scouting is another matter...). With hindsight, it looks like a gamble that hasn’t worked out.

Levy your right was great with Jose, got most of what he wanted in terms of choices apart from CB and I get the gamble he took thinking he could get the old the Jose who wins shit so I understood the appointment.

He fucked up with Poch though and again agree on that.

Just hand the keys over to H. Redknapp til the end of the season for some hand-holding, love-in, attacking football.

We can wait for a permanent appointment til the summer if need be.

Hang on, "Levy wants the fans on board".

According to some, he doesn't give a fuck about fans. He's only interested in profits.
If he wanted the fans on board he wouldn't have hired that Gooner cunt.
Which gooner cunt? I remember him sacking one. Not hiring one

It where we are. When Poch was on the ropes all top manager where talked about from Nagglesman to Allegri now we are so desperate to get Jose out any fucker will do.
Desperate is one thing, but we’d be as well getting whoever’s in charge of Grimsby or Clyde to step in.

Eddie fucking Howe.....

Can you still commit suicide by sticking your head in an oven?

The smell of collapse

fzbt.gif

Yes poch didn’t finish top 3 thrice (three times more than any other EPL manager in our history) and make a champions league final or anything 🙄

Some people are thick.
The side has changed a lot since then in fairness with players like Rose, Walker, Dembele, Wanyama leaving who were key players in key positions

i despise Jose but this group of players is awful compared to three years ago. Slowly regressed with players like Winks, Sissoko, Davies, Aurier slowly getting more games and this season it’s compounded by the god awful basic/rigid Hojberg, Doherty etc. All of our centre mids/ full backs are woeful, really poor and this kills the rest of the side (who I actually think are ok). The reason we can’t control a game / tempo is down to these fools, these are the positions that get time on the ball to build.

exception is Regullion

Yes poch didn’t finish top 3 thrice (three times more than any other EPL manager in our history) and make a champions league final or anything 🙄

Some people are thick.
Under Poch, the quality of the squad improved at the beginning but declined after we made Sissoko and Sanchez our record signings in consecutive summer, and decided to gift PSG £50m for Aurier and Moura.

We finished 4th in Poch last full season and he left the team in 14th. If the squad was better, Poch wouldnt have left when he did. Poch is almost certain to win silverware with PSG, but not becuase he has a become a much better manager, but that he has the best squad in ligue 1. You cannot ignore the quality of a squad when considering the perfromance of a manager.

Zidan wone 3x CL when he had a great squad. Now that the squad is lacking and aged, he is struggling and will likely be fired at the end of the season. Doubt his quality as a manager has degraded.

People are still waiting for Pep to win another CL since he left Barcelona. He cant even get City into the CL finals despite spending almost £1bn on a championship winning squad. Pep has actually imrpoved as a manager compared to his Barcelona days, but no longwe has the luxury of a squad with Messi, Xavi, Iniesta etc.

Begining of this season, we were doing fine (not entertaining but effective, which is typical of a Mourinho team). But after some injuries, the lack of quality depth in the squad has been exposed.

At the end of the day, managers are not miracle workers.

Back
Top Bottom