ARE WE GOING TO FINISH TOP HALF THIS SEASON?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don’t know why everyone is so upset today? If Leicester-villa score holds, we will move up to 8th.

A more ambitious manager might have lost that match 3-1 today... but Jose saw the bigger picture.

Climbing the table the Jose way!

With 59 points and a +35 goal differential I’m not sure if City stopped playing now that Jose could catch them.

We might but we could be a midtable team for a few years.

Spunk away 30 mil on Mourinho’s severance pay, be hindered by covid and the debt incurred by the new stadium, lose a couple of key players who wants out and we’re screwed.

We’re paying the price for refusing to rebuild as Poch suggested.

We might but we could be a midtable team for a few years.

Spunk away 30 mil on Mourinho’s severance pay, be hindered by covid and the debt incurred by the new stadium, lose a couple of key players who wants out and we’re screwed.

We’re paying the price for refusing to rebuild as Poch suggested.

With a young attacking manager who uses youth players we could intergrate Skipp, Sessegnon etc as well. That would save some money on transfers.

Indeed, but Poch could have done that.

We really didn’t need this gamble on Mourinho, it has been a very expensive failure.

It’s been a disaster. Like Harry again when getting AVB it’s throwing away what you have and going backwards. Maybe Poch’s time was up but if you get Jose even peak Jose you need to spend spend spend. We should have gotten another manager who plays attacking football and is ok to work on our budget.

Burnley, Fulham and Palace up next. We should be picking up 9 points but at the very least 5 points. I am just basing that on the quality of our players. It clear there is no system or sophisticated tactics being employed by Jose (no more of this "we have shit players" bollocks). I expect we will be 8th at the end of the season looking at the teams above us. I am not really worried by Woolwich because they look so limp.

Burnley, Fulham and Palace up next. We should be picking up 9 points
What makes you think that?
The last time we faced both Fulham and palace we were in better form and still drew.

I expect we will be 8th at the end of the season looking at the teams above us. I am not really worried by Woolwich because they look so limp.
I’m not so optimistic unfortunately. Our form is horrendous, I’m looking below us rather than above.
The teams whom we should be competing with (and are above us) are leaps and bounds better which is worrying. Villa, Everton, Leicester, West Ham etc.
The only team who i reckon could start dropping points are Chelsea.

It’s a sad situation.

What makes you think that?
The last time we faced both Fulham and palace we were in better form and still drew.

I’m not so optimistic unfortunately. Our form is horrendous, I’m looking below us rather than above.
The teams whom we should be competing with (and are above us) are leaps and bounds better which is worrying. Villa, Everton, Leicester, West Ham etc.
The only team who i reckon could start dropping points are Chelsea.

It’s a sad situation.
When I said we should be getting 9 points, I meant we ought to beat those teams based on the quality of our players. I don't think Chelsea will have a massive dip. I think Villa will probably end up 12th or 13th. But you know, football is a funny game. We could end up 4th , it is not impossible.

When I said we should be getting 9 points, I meant we ought to beat those teams based on the quality of our players. I don't think Chelsea will have a massive dip. I think Villa will probably end up 12th or 13th. But you know, football is a funny game. We could end up 4th , it is not impossible.
Fair play, and in that respect I would agree. Our players are a cut above the teams which you aforementioned.
Problem is, for whatever reasons they’re playing like relegation fodder.

Villa, I would have to disagree. Whenever I’ve seen them play they look really cohesive and progressive. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them nick a European spot.

Football is a funny old game, indeed. Hopefully the footballing gods take pity on us and we somehow end up in Europa league places, otherwise I am worried about the financial doom that could be upon us.

Imagine we don’t even make the third tier European competition :dempsey:

We sort of have an easy run-in from here on out, but I don't see us finishing in the top 7, which means we probably won't be in Europe next season.

However, if Mourinho goes all out in the Europa and we start tanking the league, we might fall to 11th. But if I had to guess, 8th or 9th in the league seems likely.

Nightmare scenario is below Woolwich who finish 9th and we finish 10th and don't win a damn thing.

Unacceptable to think this club will finish mid table that along with the almost certain defeat in the league cup final makes grim reading for the club.
Levy and Jose are very lucky that no fan's are currently allowed in otherwise this would have erupted inside and outside the ground.

Any other manager with this run of form would be sacked already , Levy needs to pull the trigger or the only time the stadium will be full during the next decade will be for Lady Gaga or guns n roses! :mourshock:

Back
Top Bottom