ARE WE GOING TO FINISH TOP HALF THIS SEASON?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Indeed, but Poch could have done that.

We really didn’t need this gamble on Mourinho, it has been a very expensive failure.
Pochettino had 5 and a half years at it. Couldn’t get us over the line in anything. A nearly man. Move on. As an aside, I see PSG are losing at home to Monaco at the moment. He could contrive to not finish top in that one horse league yet. Be a nice little double to go with 3rd in a 2 horse race in 2015/16.

Spurs’ remaining fixtures and my predicted final points tally...;
Burnley - win
Fulham - draw
Palace - draw
Woolwich - loss
Villa - loss
Newcastle - win
United - loss
Everton - loss
Sheff Utd- win
Leeds - draw
Wolves - win
Villa - draw
Leicester - loss

total points - 52

I’ve looked at previous years tables and 52 points would mean us finishing around 10th-11th

Burnley - win
Fulham - draw
Palace - draw
Woolwich - loss
Villa - loss
Newcastle - win
United - loss
Everton - loss
Sheff Utd- win
Leeds - draw
Wolves - win
Villa - draw
Leicester - loss

total points - 52

I’ve looked at previous years tables and 52 points would mean us finishing around 10th-11th

That'd be 1 point less than we managed the year Ramos got sacked (2 points from 8 games)

In fact, it'd be something like our 6th lowest points tally this millennium.

You can guess the managers that got sacked in those sesons.

Special one?

Nah mate.

Ultimate flop.

That'd be 1 point less than we managed the year Ramos got sacked (2 points from 8 games)

In fact, it'd be something like our 6th lowest points tally this millennium.

You can guess the managers that got sacked in those sesons.
I really, really hope I’m wrong. I’m just downbeat at the moment.

It would truly be a disaster for us, in all terms - the new stadium half empty, losing potential top sponsors, no European fixtures, unable to attract top talent, the list goes on.

Pochettino had 5 and a half years at it. Couldn’t get us over the line in anything. A nearly man. Move on. As an aside, I see PSG are losing at home to Monaco at the moment. He could contrive to not finish top in that one horse league yet. Be a nice little double to go with 3rd in a 2 horse race in 2015/16.
Anyone that says 3rd in a 2 horse race isn't Spurs.

My prediction:

Burnley - win
Fulham - loss
Palace - win
Woolwich - draw
Villa - loss
Newcastle - draw
United - loss
Everton - loss
Sheff Utd- win
Leeds - win
Wolves - draw
Villa - loss
Leicester - loss

Total - 51 points

I really, really hope I’m wrong. I’m just downbeat at the moment.

It would truly be a disaster for us, in all terms - the new stadium half empty, losing potential top sponsors, no European fixtures, unable to attract top talent, the list goes on.

Ultimately, we're fucked.

We all laughed at Woolwich. Got a new stadium, saw their star players start to leave and not replaced with good enough acquisitions but still managing to get top 4 and actually laughing at them for celebrating just that instead of winning trophies. How they went 10 years without a trophy etc.

Yet that's exactly what we're becoming. A shiny new stadium. A team who now know that top 4 is pretty much our everything. Zero trophies in 10 years. And we're not even going to manage that.

Our second full season in our stadium and two seasons on the bounce we're about to fail at getting top 4.

Shambles.

And to top it off, we've got this dumb cunt as a manager too who we're playing premium for making us worse.

You'd almost think the Chelsea legend was doing it on purpose.

Burnley - win
Fulham - draw
Palace - draw
Woolwich - loss
Villa - loss
Newcastle - win
United - loss
Everton - loss
Sheff Utd- win
Leeds - draw
Wolves - win
Villa - draw
Leicester - loss

total points - 52

Finished 8th in 2008/09 with 51 and this is a weird year. Right now if everyone accumulates points at their current rate per game, 52 would be good enough for 9th.

But the difference between 9-12 are probably all going to be within a point or two of each other with GD deciding places. Also, I'm arguing that we could optimistically finish 9th, so I guess it doesn't really matter anyway.

We all laughed at Woolwich. Got a new stadium, saw their star players start to leave and not replaced with good enough acquisitions but still managing to get top 4 and actually laughing at them for celebrating just that instead of winning trophies. How they went 10 years without a trophy etc.

Yet that's exactly what we're becoming. A shiny new stadium. A team who now know that top 4 is pretty much our everything. Zero trophies in 10 years. And we're not even going to manage that.

Our second full season in our stadium and two seasons on the bounce we're about to fail at getting top 4.

Shambles.

And to top it off, we've got this dumb cunt as a manager too who we're playing premium for making us worse.

Only difference right now is that the stadium debt isn't what's fucking us, it's a once in a century pandemic. The stadium, debt included, nets the club 9 figures a year once all the sponsorship deals are in place.

The issue is going to be how do we (read: Levy) spend the money, because it's going to be there. Levy needs to stop running the club like it's 2010. Our facilities are top notch and the club will always have the built-in London advantage with international players, but from all accounts our backroom setup is archaic.

No properly organized and setup football club in 2018/2019 would have made the series of mistakes that Levy did those two years. No one outside of Levy looks at our squad in November 2019 and thinks that Mourinho is suited to that sides strengths, or that he is suited to how Spurs operate. Until we invest in our club staff infrastructure we are going to keep banging our head against the wall.

Shambles.

He is a Chelsea Trojan horse that is for sure. All the BS when joined just to appease the fans and media. He don’t give a shit his getting paid a whopping salary regardless and levy can’t afford to sack him. Would you work hard under those circumstances ?

He is a Chelsea Trojan horse that is for sure. All the BS when joined just to appease the fans and media. He don’t give a shit his getting paid a whopping salary regardless and levy can’t afford to sack him. Would you work hard under those circumstances ?

Can you imagine the reaction he'll get if they let fans into Wembley for the cup final and we serve up this shit and lose?

Burnley - win
Fulham - draw
Palace - draw
Woolwich - loss
Villa - loss
Newcastle - win
United - loss
Everton - loss
Sheff Utd- win
Leeds - draw
Wolves - win
Villa - draw
Leicester - loss

total points - 52

Never invite me out for a drink.

A nearly man...what a troll comment. We all love poch for what he did. Sure it went pear shaped but I saw some.amazing football and I loved it all. Fuck.you and your nearly man shite

Ok, but those Poch years were heck of a lot better than now, wasn’t it?

And our efforts to change that nearly experience with Mourinho and more transfers has yielded what?

Looking at what is left, Everton. Leeds and Leicester are likely defeats. Everything else is winnable as the fixture is at home or does not present a huge obstacle away. So if they were ( and it’s a bit of a big “if” ) to sort their shit out 20-25 points are there. That’s 65 (ish) for the season, which in the end will likely deliver 5/6 or 7th.

Looking at what is left, Everton. Leeds and Leicester are likely defeats. Everything else is winnable as the fixture is at home or does not present a huge obstacle away. So if they were ( and it’s a bit of a big “if” ) to sort their shit out 20-25 points are there. That’s 65 (ish) for the season, which in the end will likely deliver 5/6 or 7th.

Ok, but those Poch years were heck of a lot better than now, wasn’t it?

And our efforts to change that nearly experience with Mourinho and more transfers has yielded what?
The last 9 months in the league with Pochettino were on a par with now. 26 points from Pochettino’s last 25 league games. I said it at the time and I still say it now, Pochettino’s time was well up when he was sacked but Mourinho was absolutely the wrong type of appointment.

Shambles.

All of this is why I recently questioned how far these owners have really pushed us forward over the last 20 years

I keep hearing how they have transformed the club but all I see is a club saddled with debt, stumbling from one mess to another with no plan, a manager and squad that are getting very close to the levels of incompetence witnessed in the late nineties but without the occasional trophy to soften the blow

But we have a big shiny stadium , whoop de doo

Back
Top Bottom