ARE WE GOING TO FINISH TOP HALF THIS SEASON?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sure you can lay all the blame with Levy this time though. We bought Regulion, Rodon, Doherty, PEH, Vinnie, Hart and Bale. That by all accounts is a decent window. Had the window been shit Mourinho would have a had a real excuse, but our squad on paper is top 4 easily.

We have more depth than we have ever had even during the season we came 2nd. Get a top CB and maybe another DM and what more would Mourinho want?

Unfortunately I am coming to the conclusion Mourinho is past it and his tactics are just not workable consistently with current football and not having the out and out best squad in the league.

A League Cup and missing out on top 4 ain’t good enough to put up with this shit football.
Well on the subject of those transfers,
Reguillon - 25 mill - obvious quality
Rodon - 15 mill - decent prospect
Hojberg - 15 mill - decent squad player imo...
Doherty - 15 mill is.. - 3rd rate not good enough
Thats 70 mill in signings then x2 loan players
Vinicius - never going to be good enough..
Bale - we all hoped but it doesnt seem to have worked
So the 70 mill that was spent is only what most clubs usually spend on one quality signing, well the clubs that actually want to compete for trophies anyway...
I do not agree that our squad is definate top 4 easily. But you are bang on Mourinho is a dinosaur and out of touch, but we all knew that. The real concern is why did levy not know that, the answer is he is incompetent in regards to football matters.....

Well on the subject of those transfers,
Reguillon - 25 mill - obvious quality
Rodon - 15 mill - decent prospect
Hojberg - 15 mill - decent squad player imo...
Doherty - 15 mill is.. - 3rd rate not good enough
Thats 70 mill in signings then x2 loan players
Vinicius - never going to be good enough..
Bale - we all hoped but it doesnt seem to have worked
So the 70 mill that was spent is only what most clubs usually spend on one quality signing, well the clubs that actually want to compete for trophies anyway...
I do not agree that our squad is definate top 4 easily. But you are bang on Mourinho is a dinosaur and out of touch, but we all knew that. The real concern is why did levy not know that, the answer is he is incompetent in regards to football matters.....

Not sure about Vinnie he has always looked very good when playing. Any back up striker to Kane is always going to be looking at limited game time. Guess over the next month we will get to see how good he is.

We have one of the best attacks in the league but an average defence while trying to play defensive football. Few teams in the Prem have players in attack as good as the likes of Kane, Son, Ndombele and we don’t use them. It’s a mess.

Not sure about Vinnie he has always looked very good when playing. Any back up striker to Kane is always going to be looking at limited game time. Guess over the next month we will get to see how good he is.

We have one of the best attacks in the league but an average defence while trying to play defensive football. Few teams in the Prem have players in attack as good as the likes of Kane, Son, Ndombele and we don’t use them. It’s a mess.
I'm not so sure.

He should be getting a run but everyone on SSN are saying that they expect Sonny to be pushed up.

When you see Man u losing against Sheffield ..
Except Man City , all the TOP 10 will lose some points . The 4th is possible.

Well guys, have a 160 page thread asking if we're winning the fucking league, when the reality is, half way through the season, 8 points and 5 teams, including West Ham separate us from top, while just 4 points and 4 teams separate us from Villa in 10th

How far we've regressed since our previous manager was shafted is a fucking scandal.

We ain't winning the league guys. We'll finish where we deserve to finish.

I was going to say Vitamin D3 and a S.A.D lamp might help. But then I saw it was you who posted, so im more inclined to suggest Prozac or even LSD/Ecstasy ...... In fact best try all 3 together.

Are you related to Nigel by any chance?

I'm going with 7th or 8th the teams above us are miles better and it wouldn't surprise me if Woolwich overtook us. We keep playing like this we may aswell finish 7th or 8th
Teams are not miles better than us no side in Europe would turn down our front line we have one of the best defensive midfielders. What is stopping us being guaranteed top 4 is poor management. Jose has to go.

Teams are not miles better than us no side in Europe would turn down our front line we have one of the best defensive midfielders. What is stopping us being guaranteed top 4 is poor management. Jose has to go.
Best defensive midfielders ?? Who is that, I'm just wondering as you surely cannot mean hojberg..

I don't think top half finish is an issue.
I just worry if we can get the top 4.

I'll try and be a bit more objective and say that Liverpool game was 3 individual errors and Liverpool are the reigning champions so definitely one of our toughest games of the season.

Perhaps everyone including myself is being a bit reactionary to what was granted a shit show but let's just see how Jose does in the next few weeks before jumping to assumptions.

OK, fair enough.
But I do not think any other team hopingtk getting 4 would have an interest in him. Not as a starter anyway. But opinions are what make this forum tick, so fair play..we can agree to disagree mate
I guess a fair percentage of our fans would agree with you.

But fans of the other big 5 rich clubs would probably consider any season without champions league qualification a failure.

We will finish somewhere between 5th and 7th

Its about our level.

The players we have that are good enough for top 4;

Ndombele
PEH
Son
Kane
possibly Gio though I know that will be controversial with many

the rest of them are either past it, light weight or never had it in the first place.
I'd throw in Lloris & reggie too. Not world class but good enough for top 4.

OK, fair enough.
But I do not think any other team hopingtk getting 4 would have an interest in him. Not as a starter anyway. But opinions are what make this forum tick, so fair play..we can agree to disagree mate

I am not sure who you consider other teams hoping to get top 4 are but outside of City and maybe Liverpool I think he would have a good shot at starting for United, Everton, Chelsea, Leicester.

Would depend on what Chelsea and Leicester want to do with their MF with Kante and Ndidi there, but PEH does not have to play as an out and out DM so could easily play for those teams.

Liverpool if fully healthy likely doesn't play him ahead of Fabinho, Henderson, Thiago and Winaljdum but with their injuries this year I think he would have started a majority of their games.

6th.. with 2 trophies . Considering how average a lot of our players are, that will be a fantastic season
I think top 4 is so important.
If we want to get the right calibre of defender to improve our defense we need champions league football I think.

Or perhaps one of those trophies is the Europa league :?

We'll finish 5th. Finishing 6th would decrease the pain of missing out on the CL and looking back to see we fucking wasted points against relegation fodder that would have seen us over the mark.

5th is Spursy, 6th is just shit.

Whatever we may choose to believe and despite the moments when we do deliver, the supposed spine is not good enough and too infrequently do our main men stand up when it matters most.

A painful but inescapable fact from Mourinho through Kane , Lloris, Ndombele and to Lloris.

Good but not good enough when it matters most in my opinion.

Harsh maybe but not inaccurate.

Back
Top Bottom