Ashley Phillips

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Romero, VDV, Dragusin all good.

Dorrington really rated at the club, Philips got potential, Vuskovic down the line.

We could in a few years end up with 6 decent CB’s when we only had 1-2 recently.

It’s very good squad planning. 3 first team guys now and Davies/Emerson as utility guys.

In 2 years you see who looks most ready out of the 2 young ones Phillips/Dorrington

Then Vuskovic isn’t far behind

Everton will probably be selling braithwaite for a large amount this summer. Phillips or Dorrington on loan there could be a good move? Also learning besides Tarkowski is probably great for young CBs, I've always rated him

Wait.
What.

What did I just read?

Someone suggesting sending player to loan to play under Sean Dyche? To be ready for Angeball?
What the fuck is this logic all about? Sounds awful to me.

Wait.
What.

What did I just read?

Someone suggesting sending player to loan to play under Sean Dyche? To be ready for Angeball?
What the fuck is this logic all about? Sounds awful to me.

First team football first and foremost is what is important for young playere - using your position there you could argue that the knock on effect of what you're saying is that we should presumably not be interested in signing players who play for Dyche (or non-Ange) style managers?

First team football first and foremost is what is important for young playere - using your position there you could argue that the knock on effect of what you're saying is that we should presumably not be interested in signing players who play for Dyche (or non-Ange) style managers?

Why are you trying to make a slippery slope demagogy trick here?

What I am saying is that in regard of finding loan-clubs to our players, we should aim for someone who wants the players to play in similar style. Ange puts a lot of emphasis from playing out from the back and CBs doing some ball carrying. Dyche is as classical oldschool coach as they come, who puts 0 effort on that aspect. It is vastly different if your aim is to start attack or hoof the balls. First one being way more applicable and useful for the future. So yes, I think that if possible at all, we should keep that in mind. And for example prefer to send players to loan to current Burnley than to current Everton.

I think it is fairly logical, isn't it?

Great that he’s getting the game but it’s obvious he’s still a very raw player who’s probably a few years away from playing meaningful games for us. Which is completely ok

Phillips has been much better in the second half, and Plymouth equalised.
Also, Gnonto has been gash, I know some people here wanted him.

Back
Top Bottom