Aston Villa v Tottenham Hotspur (The Blanchflower Derby)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poi said:
I've been saying this for the last three weeks but tonight I ACTUALLY won't be able to watch the game. Hopefully come the end of the day I'll be gutted I missed it and not pleased.

We're gonna win right?

Fuuuuck, I found somewhere showing it!

I know it's been said a thousands times but Parker for fuckshitarrgh!

Night x

Pleased with the lads for continuing to dominate and can from behind with 10 men. We didn't really create too many clear cut chances though and for gods sake practice some corners!!!

Told my mate i'd be turning up either happy and pissed or angry and pissed... looks like i'll just be disappointed.

Still we have the initiative for 4th and i truly trust in bayern to give chelski a hideing

Another wasted opportunity. Villa were absolute shite.
Even with the 10-men we should've gone for it, Villa were fucking toothless, 'Arry knew Newcastle had lost so Parker on for VDV - What a fucking joke.
Will this torturous season never end? I've officially had a-fucking-nuff of it.

my take on the game: kjbhlhjgikgjfhhklhjgiyufdtttttttttttttttthnbkjjjjjjm,nhgfvxdddddgfvhjikolyutredfsxzdcfgvhnbjmkjmnjhbgfdxzsxzftcgvhjnbmjhgbgfcvxfsdxzasz\xa

zin said:
Pyro_era said:
Who the fuck is going to play at LB? AND if it's bale WHO THE FUCK is going to play at LM?

Bale and Modric is what's going to happen with Parker and Sandro in the middle. Guaranteed. Preparing for a Redknapp team selection is the easiest thing for opposition managers.

So this is what's going to happen last weekend. Chelsea will win 1-0 at Liverpool and 1-0 in their last game and reach 67 points. Spurs will draw 0-0 with Fulham leaving Spurs and Chelsea on the exact same points, goal difference and goals scored. Meaning Chelsea end up 4th on head to head goal difference.

You heard it hear first.

Er.... what? We drew both games against them. They could would be ahead of us on names, which would be the least fair thing in the world.

:disdain:
Worst case of substitutional dithering from Redknapp that I've ever seen.
I can't fathom it, sat here shaking my head like a section 8.
What's going on - middle east betting fix?

Makes.
No.
Sense.

(still shaking head)

Newcastle and Woolwich both have final away games. Newcastle are playing Everton who are MORE than capable of kicking their ass or at least getting a draw. So that's good.

Woolwich are playing West bwom and woy will want to win his final game with them as a good sending off, and they also beat chelsea at home. Woolwich are without some key players too so that's A BIG POSITIVE!

We are playing Fulham who's away form has been pretty SHIT! THEY FUCKING LOST TO ASTON VILLA AWAY! And LOST 4-0 AWAY to EVERTON!

FUCK ME THEY LOST 3-1 AWAY TO BLACKBURN

We're still in the passenger seat, Woolwich are in the driving seat but we're still in it for 3rd. FUCK THIS WE DID GOOD WITH 10 MEN, just 'arry was a bit pissed off about woy getting engwand managa so made stupid substitutes

Raitei said:
zin said:
Pyro_era said:
Who the fuck is going to play at LB? AND if it's bale WHO THE FUCK is going to play at LM?

Bale and Modric is what's going to happen with Parker and Sandro in the middle. Guaranteed. Preparing for a Redknapp team selection is the easiest thing for opposition managers.

So this is what's going to happen last weekend. Chelsea will win 1-0 at Liverpool and 1-0 in their last game and reach 67 points. Spurs will draw 0-0 with Fulham leaving Spurs and Chelsea on the exact same points, goal difference and goals scored. Meaning Chelsea end up 4th on head to head goal difference.

You heard it hear first.

Er.... what? We drew both games against them. They could would be ahead of us on names, which would be the least fair thing in the world.

head to head results. Spurs 1-1 Chelsea. Chelsea 0-0 Spurs. Chelsea win on away goals. At least I think that's the rule.

Normally i'm pessi pessimisto but I think today wasn't a bad result. Especially when we were down to ten men for most of the second half. What was Rose thinking?

West Brom did really well today and are playing in front of the new england manager. Woolwich are in bit of bad form at the moment and they could get a point or three.

All is not lost!!

zin said:
head to head results. Spurs 1-1 Chelsea. Chelsea 0-0 Spurs. Chelsea win on away goals. At least I think that's the rule.

if two or more teams finish level on points, goal difference and goals scored, and the championship, a relegation place or European qualification is at stake, they will then play off (at a neutral ground) to decide who finishes higher.

Edited to add neutral ground.

Park Lane Ninja said:
Normally i'm pessi pessimisto but I think today wasn't a bad result. Especially when we were down to ten men for most of the second half. What was Rose thinking?

West Brom did really well today and are playing in front of the new england manager. Woolwich are in bit of bad form at the moment and they could get a point or three.

All is not lost!!

:thumbup:

I don't even know why i'm surprised that he bought on Parker for Raf, I don't think he's made one inspired, or even logical, substitution in the entire time he's been here.

Thelonious said:
I want to be in a Spurs pub with my Spurs family singing Spurs songs, instead I'm on my sofa looking devastated.
At least you're not sitting in a lab writing about how human vision can be quantified. want to switch.

Pyro_era said:
Park Lane Ninja said:

All is not lost!!

Yup, also a thumbs up fom me. Even though I'm frustrated by not taking an opportunity today, keep your heads up. Nicking it on the final day will be glorious. I predict beautiful sunshine, 4-4-1-1 and a 3-0 win (vdV, Bale and Lennon). WBA will beat Woolich.

Today we needed A HERO

Today we needed to "STAND UP AND BE COUNTED"

Today we needed to "CONNECT TO A CORNER"

Today we needed "BALE ON THE LEFT AT ALL TIMES"

Today we needed to "WIN"

Today we DREW to one of the worst teams in the premierleague

Today I AM still proud to be a Spurs Supporter

Next week 3rd still need to go to WBA and get a result against the incoming England Manager and we are at home with all to play for.

Do not be dissapointed with this result, At the end of the day YOU will still support Spurs next season whatever happens - That is why we are the best supporters in the world.

in my most calm voice "COME ON YOU SPURS"

and off course LOVE THE SHIRT :thumbup:

Back
Top Bottom