Aston Villa v Tottenham Hotspur (The Blanchflower Derby)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thelonious said:
I want to be in a Spurs pub with my Spurs family singing Spurs songs, instead I'm on my sofa looking devastated.
oh dear god if you're not positive... oh man fuck. fuck. you're always all :chicco: when we're all :vdvcry: but if you're :vdvcry: then i guess i need to be really :vdvcry:

Kenzi52 said:
Today we needed A HERO

Today we needed to "STAND UP AND BE COUNTED"

Today we needed to "CONNECT TO A CORNER"

Today we needed "BALE ON THE LEFT AT ALL TIMES"

Today we needed to "WIN"

Today we DREW to one of the worst teams in the premierleague

Today I AM still proud to be a Spurs Supporter

Next week 3rd still need to go to WBA and get a result against the incoming England Manager and we are at home with all to play for.

Do not be dissapointed with this result, At the end of the day YOU will still support Spurs next season whatever happens - That is why we are the best supporters in the world.

in my most calm voice "COME ON YOU SPURS"

and off course LOVE THE SHIRT :thumbup:

B-e-a-utiful

;')

Dr. Filth said:
Thelonious said:
I want to be in a Spurs pub with my Spurs family singing Spurs songs, instead I'm on my sofa looking devastated.
oh dear god if you're not positive... oh man fuck. fuck. you're always all :chicco: when we're all :vdvcry: but if you're :vdvcry: then i guess i need to be really :vdvcry:
In the immediate aftermath I'm always like this, I'll be fine and positive soon enough.

4 points from 2 away games isn't exactly awful to be honest

Harry's changes make me all like

4.gif

Fucking gutted, but I was half expecting it, a win would have seen off Newcastle and Chelsea...but fuck that, I'll have to be a Liverpool/West Brom/Bayern Munich fan now.

In a few days I'll probably reflect and say a point wasn't the end of the world, but right now I'm fucked off.
Villa were utter, utter dogshite and 'Arry is one clueless, gutless bastard.

Arry fucked up again whats the point of settling for a draw does us no better than losing.

As bad as this feels to cheer yourselves up just imagine being a Villa fan right now. 45 minutes against 10 men at home without a sinlge shot on goal. Unlikely but hope they go down. Boring bastards.

Also remember the only team more capable of fucking up a winning position then us is Woolwich, let's just hope Woys boys show more fight then we did in the first half today for his Swansong...

Shitting hell spurs

Players Woolwich are without:

Sagna
Diaby
Walcott
Arteta
Wilshere

4 of those are players who always make the starting lineup. They are fucked because they're also playing away. You saw them against Norwich at HOME. They'll lose the game, I can count on it.

Newcastle playing Everton away. Unpredictable but Everton are favorites.

Only thing we have to focus on is ourselves. IF WE WIN WE WILL GET 3rd! Of course that won't be easy, but it's the final game of the season before all the big finals and shit and of course the euros (FUCKING COME ON CROATIA).

We win our last game and we will get Champions league football, even if we end up 4th, Chavskie will lose to Bayern.

We're in a bit of a shit storm too without a proper LB but I think we can scrape a win at home. Fulham's away form is shite and our Home form is BRILLIANT. only 3 losses at home? Fucking we got this.

Sean said:
Wingbacks for the Fulham game?

I was thinking having 3 Center backs but I don't think that'll work. With that idea though it would be

[centre]Friedel[/centre]
[centre]Walker - Gallas - Kaboul - King - Bale[/centre]
[centre]Lennon - Sandro - Modric[/centre]
[centre]Van der Vaart[/centre]
[centre]Adebayor[/centre]

Pyro_era said:
Sean said:
Wingbacks for the Fulham game?

I was thinking having 3 Center backs but I don't think that'll work. With that idea though it would be

[centre]Friedel[/centre]
[centre]Walker - Gallas - Kaboul - King - Bale[/centre]
[centre]Lennon - Sandro - Modric[/centre]
[centre]Van der Vaart[/centre]
[centre]Adebayor[/centre]

oooh, very 'pointy' that's a classic arrow formation!

I think we can still do this and nick 3rd... am I crazy in the face, or what??

Sean said:
Arry fucked up again whats the point of settling for a draw does us no better than losing.

Not true - if we beat Fulham, A*se have to win instead of draw against West Brom. I know it's not as good as needing a win for a definite CL place, but a draw was better than a loss today.

SandroSays said:
Sean said:

Not true - if we beat Fulham, A*se have to win instead of draw against West Brom. I know it's not as good as needing a win for a definite CL place, but a draw was better than a loss today.

Same goes for Newcastle. If we had lost we'd be level on points with them and they would only need a draw.

Newcastle HAVE To win.

I'm not convinced that the Parker for Rafa sub was "defensive" at all. Villa were pricking about with the ball, launching it long and to the corners. No matter how good we are, we aren't scoring unless we have the ball.

Who is our best ball winner? Get him on the park. Sounds reasonable to me.

Redknapp's dithering with the substitution reminds me of Peter Griffin on Family Guy, when he went on Family Feud and fucked up on the bonus round by running out of time. Can't find a decent youtube of it. :defoe:

Back
Top Bottom