Away to Villa - 13 March

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If anyone knows the wereabouts of my inflateable football from todays cluster fuck at half time please holla at yo boy

Cost me £1.20 but i doubled up for £2.00 because im a sick cunt

Seriously tho i do want it back

I was kicking that about! Missed kanes second goal because of it! Missed the first goal too actually as I went for an early point. Anyway I'm sorry to say It got popped (not sure who dealt the fatal blow) and was then confiscated by a villa steward. A good 20-mins of entertainment though and I lost count of the amount of yids who slipped and fell to the floor whilst drunkenly attempting to boot it!

Haha had to google it too lol but i m not a native speaker so shame on you CousinEddie CousinEddie

I think Dembele must have had the easiest game in his career yesterday, so little pressure on the ball. You could also see he wasnt really bothered to step it up a notch, just strolling around bossing the rare few who tried to challenge him
It really was quite shocking how much space they gave us. Walker and Rose were torching their fullbacks with ease as well and given acres of space. I can see why some people might be a tad frustrated as we really should have had 5 or more goals but this is football. Still hard to argue with an easy 3 points without really having to get out of cruise control gear like you said.

It really was quite shocking how much space they gave us. Walker and Rose were torching their fullbacks with ease as well and given acres of space. I can see why some people might be a tad frustrated as we really should have had 5 or more goals but this is football. Still hard to argue with an easy 3 points without really having to get out of cruise control gear like you said.

Our best matches are when the outside backs are in the attack, no doubt. But is it a chicken/egg thing? Are the outside backs able to get in the attack because the poorer opposition in not pressing them with an attack of their own?

Our best matches are when the outside backs are in the attack, no doubt. But is it a chicken/egg thing? Are the outside backs able to get in the attack because the poorer opposition in not pressing them with an attack of their own?
It s a tactical choice for sure but as you said if the opposing wingers and backs give you that much space and very few threat you re inclined to bomb fwd, esp if you are an ex attacker like Rose and a marathon runner like Walker

No doubt but obviously it's much harder for our FB's to get in quality service against the better sides. they just don't give you the time to pick a pass. Yesterday I think there was several times Walker had so much time he almost was caught in two minds. He could basically have waltzed in at will to get a shot in from the edge of the area as he tried a few times.

See, what I find more incredible than the fact I predicted tears and flaming retribution were we not to thrash Villa to the seventh level of Hell is the fact that Mark Lawrenson got our result perfectly right. :memelol:

Why are there naysayers when we're two points off the top with eight games to go? Which football club do they think they're supporting? I think it's fairly obvious that they are fans of other clubs who get a kick out of spoiling the party. I'm surprised that your instincts have led you astray on this one.

Perspicacity is usually your watchword.

Of course. But that just makes me realise that it's pointless to sweat the small stuff.

If you get aerated about the small number of throbbers now wait till we win the damn thing.

We will be surrounded with the human equivalent of pilot fish. These scum suckers are not your concern. You are higher born than that.

When I started following the team and football in general I was 18 so I was a late comer. This is my 20th Anniversary and all I've seen is a gradual improvement. Sure, there have been some mistakes along the way and I think that on occasion would could've progressed further. But the past 5 years have been, without doubt, the best of my supporting career. I just can't find much to moan about...which is why I don't understand those who seem to find a problem in any result. In a way the fact that we were shit when I started supporting did me a favour. It taught me the real beauty of folliowing a side through think and thin. That's why I can't stand irrational moaners and the twats that defend them.

Didn't you support West Ham or Woolwich first?

Wasn't that Adam Richman?

He's a yank mate. That only puts him one or two notches above the pilot fish.

It doesn't really count.

His eating skills make him a handy acquisition if we ever create a celebrity football fan top trump series though. He wouldn't get much for knowledge or speed but ability to eat a 75oz steak in an hour would be unsurpassed. A decent card to have.

Only joking Marycans. Go Trump!

sIslgsG.png
sIslgsG.png
sIslgsG.png

:dierpochhug:

No.

Are you so desperate to troll you can't come up with something more creative?

Dude.....

Come on now. You of all people know I could.

It was a genuine question. I'm sure you mentioned you were a passing follower of one of those 2 before you became serious about football and Spurs when you were 20 or so.

If I am mistaken then I apologise.

Dude.....

Come on now. You of all people know I could.

It was a genuine question. I'm sure you mentioned you were a passing follower of one of those 2 before you became serious about football and Spurs when you were 20 or so.

If I am mistaken then I apologise.
I just don't care. Troll someone else.

So sad.

I was kicking that about! Missed kanes second goal because of it! Missed the first goal too actually as I went for an early point. Anyway I'm sorry to say It got popped (not sure who dealt the fatal blow) and was then confiscated by a villa steward. A good 20-mins of entertainment though and I lost count of the amount of yids who slipped and fell to the floor whilst drunkenly attempting to boot it!
RIP the inflatable one
U shall be missed
He died doing what he loved

Someone hold me

:dierpochhug:

You really have wonder about the owners agenda. There comes a time when you have to look an ask.
The players are picking up their money. You know it, they know it and the Villa fans know it.
I'm sure the manager is a good nice man, but someone really should take him to one side and have a word.
Something along the lines of 'look you did your best but you are so far out of your depth here, I appointing Jules Verne as your assistant. Do us all a favour and fuck off back to France."
The clubs fans deserve more than the dismantling of their Aston Villa.
How fortunate we are to have a stable, make that a progressive, club.

Back
Top Bottom