Be like Sevilla; not Real Madrid

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How is that relevant to my response to you regarding experience, or indeed inexperience?

What top 4 experience did our squad or Harry have?

Our club was a shambles.

My point is that it doesnt always need 3yrs to make some difference. Harry was extreme in how he transformed us.....but I dont buy that Poch couldnt have experimented in a much more productive manner. He gave up on people too quickly.

Its not experience, its a specific style he has, and personality issues.

What top 4 experience did our squad or Harry have?
What the fuck is 'top 4 experience'?

Is that finishing top 4? Or being in the top 4 during the playing season? I don't understand what that is. Does that mean Poch and our boys have 'top 6 experience' but not 'top 4 experience'?

Is that even a thing?

If Poch had finished top 4 once 10 years ago, would that mean he's underachieved with us? It makes no difference.

Fact of the matter is, we're talking about managerial experience. And Redknapp has vastly more than Poch. And the players Harry had had vastly more Premier League experience than our current squad.

Is it that beyond the realms of all reality to finish with 12 or so more points?

We had 8 more points at the end of last season. So basically, had we topped last seasons tally with another 4 points...(thats one win and a draw for crying out loud) we'd be in with a massive shout. Then we had the same squad, minus Lamela (who never featured and despite not being my favourite has still chipped in), Kane in this form, Rose in this form, and Dier, plus a mid season sacking and a caretaker for 6 months.

We are not 40 points off 4th, its a matter of beating the likes of Stoke, Burnley and Palace.

[In response to Tomo saying "I think we will get 5-6th at the end of the season."]

Thats about what Im expecting in Pochs first season with a team that still needs to gel, and adapt to their third set of coaching and management in 12 months...in fact, I think that would be admirable.

Are people expecting 3rd or 4th this season? Really?

Make your own mind up before criticising others.

Isnt it funny how Poch has the team exactly where it should be in 6th, and we couldnt do any better with this squad and top 4 is not our target.

Yet the squad is not good enough.

Seems like its just perfect then in that case...why do people want better players. They are performing how they should be to you...

I wasnt expecting 4th. That doesnt mean it wasnt our target and we couldnt have have achieved it.

I expected the team to gel. It hasnt.

I know you didn't. Which is why I find it so amusing that you are attacking other people for saying they're fine with us finishing sixth, when you yourself expressed incredulity at the prospect of us finishing in top four.

I know you didn't. Which is why I find it so amusing that you are attacking other people for saying they're fine with us finishing sixth, when you yourself expressed incredulity at the prospect of us finishing in top four.

I havent attacked anyone. Ive disagreed, just like they have with me. Get over it, its an argument.

Again, had Poch and Levy not set our target as top 4, then it would be different.
I could handle 6th, and losing the same games we had lost if we had shown that we have a football philosophy on the pitch and half the squad didnt look like they wanted out since january.

You think the squad is not good enough, but you think they are exactly where they should be. How odd.

What the fuck is 'top 4 experience'?

Is that finishing top 4? Or being in the top 4 during the playing season? I don't understand what that is. Does that mean Poch and our boys have 'top 6 experience' but not 'top 4 experience'?

Our club has been chasing top 4 for ten years. The bulk of it has known what our expectations are and what is expected of them.

When Harry took over, our target went from top 4 to stay in the PL and see where it goes. Look where it went in his first full season in charge...

And Poch has vastly more experience than Tim. Not doing much better though really is he....

Experience counts for nothing if you cannot translate or relate to your players what you want from them. Maybe youd be happy with Fat Sam or Martin O Neal in that case....been around for years, must be a shoe in for top 4.

As I keep mentioning.

Do you thinks it was wildly impossible to expect us match last years points tally?
Or absolutely insane to imagine topping last years points tally by 4pts?

That would have seen us 4th this year.

Taking more than 0 points off Stoke, and 1 point of Palace could have seen us 4th, had we not regressed so far off last season. We have gone backwards point wise. Backwards.
4th hasnt suddenly become an 80 point marker.

Nearly every team in the expected top seven (Manchester clubs, Liverpool clubs, Woolwich, Chelsea, us) will finish with less points than last season. Only United and Chelsea will improve on last seasons total. That would suggest that outside the top 7, the league has gotten better.

By the way, I don't disagree that we've regressed, though I do think we have built a younger side that can improve. But we've regressed because of Daniel Levy.

Last season we caught lightning in a bottle with Adebayor's performances and somehow managed to limp to 69 points despite leading Europe in defensive errors. Somehow Levy decided that the way to sort out our shambolic season was by spending 24 million. Dier is the only player out of that group who has had a really positive impact. Thank god for Pochettino making players out of Kane, Mason and Rose or we would truly be doomed.

I don't think Pochettino is perfect but I also know I'm done blaming managers for 14 years of systemic club failure. Pochettino like so many of our managers has not been backed whatsoever.

It seems to me from Levy's statement that he knows we aren't good enough for Champions League and that his policy is just to keep flipping managers every couple of seasons on the off chance he finds a miracle worker. There's no rhyme or reason to anything Levy has ever done and he's the one holding us back.

Our club has been chasing top 4 for ten years. The bulk of it has known what our expectations are and what is expected of them.

When Harry took over, our target went from top 4 to stay in the PL and see where it goes. Look where it went in his first full season in charge...

And Poch has vastly more experience than Tim. Not doing much better though really is he....

Experience counts for nothing if you cannot translate or relate to your players what you want from them. Maybe youd be happy with Fat Sam or Martin O Neal in that case....been around for years, must be a shoe in for top 4.
Tim has nothing to do with this. His situation was entirely different, picking up the team halfway through the season, and contrary to popular belief we already had a healthy points tally.

At no point did I suggest experienced managers are a shoe in for top 4. I've seen you suggest we were silly to spend the Bale money on players with no PL experience. But managers with PL experience have no advantage over those without? Can't have it both ways, mate.

There are exceptions to the rule; Garry Monk for one - but in general clubs employ managers with experience for a reason. Carver is a much more common example of an inexperienced Premier League manager.

I'll leave it at this point as you are starting to twist my words to further your agenda.

His keyboard must be fucked with the daily hammering it gets typing the same sentences. Had a look on this thread for something new & fresh to read. Silly me, it's Groundhog Day. Different thread, same mind numbing argument.
No he has a deal with HP for quality control testing of their new keyboards

I'll leave it at this point as you are starting to twist my words to further your agenda. as I am right and you are wrong but when I try and win the internet its ok but when you do it you are a troll, but I am not a troll I am just right, please accept that i am right, your opinion is wrong but me saying you are wrong is ok but dont argue against me cos you are a troll and Im right...yeah, Im right arent I ...? Im the best, and you are a bad poster...ok, say Im right...

Corrected

Tim has nothing to do with this. His situation was entirely different, picking up the team halfway through the season, and contrary to popular belief we already had a healthy points tally.

At no point did I suggest experienced managers are a shoe in for top 4. I've seen you suggest we were silly to spend the Bale money on players with no PL experience. But managers with PL experience have no advantage over those without? Can't have it both ways, mate.

There are exceptions to the rule; Garry Monk for one - but in general clubs employ managers with experience for a reason. Carver is a much more common example of an inexperienced Premier League manager.

I'll leave it at this point as you are starting to twist my words to further your agenda.

Which is what always happens with sammyspurs sammyspurs unfortunately. The argument / debate never ends because he deliberately misinterprets opinions of posters so he can continue the provocative style of discussion that goes on, and on, and on and on. I had you on ignore Sammy and thought I'd see what was going on in this thread as it was fairly obvious where all the beef was coming from. I'm putting you back on ignore now, you should really get a hobby or something mate you post FAR too often.

Which is what always happens with sammyspurs sammyspurs unfortunately. The argument / debate never ends because he deliberately misinterprets opinions of posters so he can continue the provocative style of discussion that goes on, and on, and on and on. I had you on ignore Sammy and thought I'd see what was going on in this thread as it was fairly obvious where all the beef was coming from. I'm putting you back on ignore now, you should really get a hobby or something mate you post FAR too often.

:adelol:

This is all a matter of perception really. I see several threads full of people who say they are concerned with performances this season, arguing with loads of folk who insist all is well. These sides are like oil and water, but the twisting of words and constant arguing is in no way one sided.

This is all a matter of perception really. I see several threads full of people who say they are concerned with performances this season, arguing with loads of folk who insist all is well. These sides are like oil and water, but the twisting of words and constant arguing is in no way one sided.

Its as believable as him having me on ignore, LOL

When all else fails......talk about Sammys post count

Back
Top Bottom