Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Calling a player reliable has nothing to do with their skin colour, it's not even a stereotype.
100 %. You now cant say a player is reliable but not much else and youre racist. Call a black player stong and athletic youre racist. I cant keep up. Ben davies is fairly reliable and white, sissoko is black and strong and athletic. Well call me fucking racist. Christ i hate this 'woke world' at times

Lots of people listing him in their 'Get Rid' lists.

I don't agree.

Think he's the model professional, compliments Reggie perfectly and gives us options/cover to play different formations and tactics.

An asset to our squad.

I don't agree.

Think he's the model professional, compliments Reggie perfectly and gives us options/cover to play different formations and tactics.

An asset to our squad.
He is fucking shite ... no pace , can’t head , can’t pass, can’t defend , can’t attack . Had to put up with him for years now . Time to get rid . He is on my “fuck off “ list

I don't agree.

An asset to our squad.
Davies is part of the mediocrity that plagues our squad. Too slow for a fb. Poor distribution of the ball when in possession and zero attacking threat.
It's time for him, along with at least 5 others to be cut loose if we want performances like last Thursday night to end.

Davies is part of the mediocrity that plagues our squad. Too slow for a fb. Poor distribution of the ball when in possession and zero attacking threat.
It's time for him, along with at least 5 others to be cut loose if we want performances like last Thursday night to end.
I will agree that he could do more for our attacks but defensively he is usually pretty solid.

Considering the state of some other positions, I'd say that a new LB is right down the list.

There are players in the squad much higher on the 'Must get rid of list'.

Davies can play LB and LCB so versatile, by no means a top player and not the fastest, but as others have said he's consistently reliable as a left sided defender. Sure there may be a lot better elsewhere.

I imagine Sessegnon returning from loan next season, probably as a LB with Reguilon may have a bearing on Davies playing time at Spurs

Be interesting to see what a year with Hoffenheim will do for Sess. If he's managed to shed his timidness and develop his defensive game then maybe he can challenge Davies for that no.2 spot. Reggie no.1 for as long as we've got him - which is maybe not too much longer if recent reports about him wanting out are to be believed:

I don't agree.

An asset to our squad.

If he is the 3rd choice LB and say 6th choice CB I am fine with him staying but if he is the 2nd choice LB, not thanks. He has shown that he is not good enough if he has to start in the PL.

I know the narrative is that he is steady 6/10 but that is not the case at all. He is lucky to give a 4/10 performance in the PL and is not good enough in attack or defense. Way too limited to be useful in anything other than games against non-PL teams in Cups or early round EL games.

If he is the 3rd choice LB and say 6th choice CB I am fine with him staying but if he is the 2nd choice LB, not thanks. He has shown that he is not good enough if he has to start in the PL.

I know the narrative is that he is steady 6/10 but that is not the case at all. He is lucky to give a 4/10 performance in the PL and is not good enough in attack or defense. Way too limited to be useful in anything other than games against non-PL teams in Cups or early round EL games.
As usual, we disagree

4/10 is just rubbish if the team overall does ok.

With most commentators in most matches he' usually getting an average for the team, not the bottom rating,

Stop being so over dramatic all the time

He's a 3rd choice left-back. I'd try Sess or Cirkin (if possible) ahead of him and keep him only as a senior pro as by all accounts he's not a problem in the dressing-room.

But this nonsense about him being a good backup needs to stop. The way we're managed the full-backs seem to rotate constantly based on the opposition. So you effectively need 2 top class left-backs. It's not like Reggie will play every game and the drop off between him and Davies is far too great.

He's not a good backup, he's the guy you might use when your 2nd choice left-back is unavailable. A good pro but not a good backup LB.

Last edited:
Unless Jose puts his boy Matt there again 😂
giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom