Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Some of his performances recently have been immaculate and I think he’s in a position that suits him down to the ground. I just wonder if theres a need for a new player in his position. Teams that make whole sale changes never seem to click in the first season so if RB, LB and CM are the key positions in need of an upgrade, do we really need one here…? Not so sure

So he came to that conclusion by comparing his stats vs last year? Not to mention it’s raw totals and he has 8 more games played so he actually has less assists per game and less tackles per game.

Davies has been good and improved this year but the Twitter post just doesn’t make sense.
Yeah does not provide minutes played but I suspect the most important variable is clean sheets - defensively we've been significantly better. Conte has had made them better and Romero and Davies have both looked solid. Dier still seems the one who makes most mistakes, maybe Sanchez will take that role, who knows what conte can do with a bit of time for our error strewn bomb alert Colombian... I fear for the norwich game, Sanchez is always a yard away from a red or a pen.

Ben goes about his business quietly and efficiently, especially when he's in a back three. I don't think he's a problem we need to fix. He's possibly the nicest guy in football too. I sit close to Ryley Keyes, and on Sunday, Ben came over and had a chat with the family and gave Ryley his match shirt. Ryley's mum said that both he and Joe Roden were fantastic with Ryley.
Sometimes, just sometimes, the nice guy can come up trumps.

Ben Davies' become an unsung hero now, going about his business silently. He must be the most improved Spurs player this season.
I have been a strong advocate for Spurs to get a new LCB this summer - listing Bastoni, Gvardiol & Ndicka as my favorites - but I will feel sorry for Davies to be sent to the bench again after yet another rock-solid game. And whoever Spurs sign will have to fight for the starting spot

Proud The Karate Kid GIF

Bang average left back but an extremely competent left centre-back in a three. He would have been one of the first out of the door after Ndombele and Dier (who has also improved) for me only 6 months ago but I now see him as a very dependable squad player.

The fact that he's ended up being my player of the season - after the start he had + the roastings he got from me - shows how important it is to have a skilled manager who knows how to bring the best out of a player.

I think he's been fantastic under Conte.

Well done, Ben.

You pied off, thinky.

He really stepped up this season and played fantastically over the last 2-3 months. I still think we need to upgrade but he’s improved so much. Thinking if he continues to get better, he will be a sure fire starter under Conte even if we add more depth

Fought his corner on SO many fuck'n occasions........ Finally getting the respect he deserves.

Stepped up superbly when Rose got injured when we were peaking under Poch and here he is again a dependable cog in a well coached system.

B'allon Davies.

Since Ronaldo’s hat-trick, we’ve conceded five goals in eleven games.
The entire back line has been superb.

That is absolutely elite defending.

What we need is depth. There shouldn’t be a real drop off when one or more of the starting defenders is out.

I feel we have four good defenders (Romero, Dier, Davies, and Sanchez), but we really should have six good defenders to compete for the EPL and the various cups.

I’d add another LCB and one CB.

That is absolutely elite defending.

What we need is depth. There shouldn’t be a real drop off when one or more of the starting defenders is out.

I feel we have four good defenders (Romero, Dier, Davies, and Sanchez), but we really should have six good defenders to compete for the EPL and the various cups.

I’d add another LCB and one CB.
I'm wondering if Emerson could play at CB. The lad has both attitude and work ethic and I get the feeling that if we let him go we will live to regret it somewhere down the line.

If he can't give us everything we want from an attacking perspective, maybe he will fare better in a more defensive position. I'm not saying he should replace Romero but he will be a lot more useful to us if he can do a job there as well as on the wing. He could be a right sided Ben Davies.

Put his balls on the line last night!

Like many I had more or less written him off to being a squad player who would get the occasional appearance when there was an injury.
He's not the most glamorous player, but he's been rock solid since Conte took over.

He’s the sort of player that wins you things in a weird way, we’ll improve on his position in the odd season no doubt. But he’ll always be a very capable back up. Look at Liverpool having Salah, Mane, Jota, Diaz and Firmino up top. City having Dias, Laporte and Stones at centre back. If you have quality depth you don’t need to run guys into the ground. It’s a squad game and I’m sure he’ll still get a heap of game time next year.

Back
Top Bottom