Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Put his balls on the line last night!

Like many I had more or less written him off to being a squad player who would get the occasional appearance when there was an injury.
He's not the most glamorous player, but he's been rock solid since Conte took over.
Over the last 5-6 matches, he seems to have become a new player. More reliable, more determined.

Davies deserves a bit of credit for shoring up the back.
Most underrated player we have... Yet has become not only reliable, but a BEDROCK of what Conte is trying to do.

I wouldn't say 'undroppable' 'cos NO ONE should be 'un-droppable' :sonhmm: :kanehand:I said NO ONE... even you two!

He's fast becoming our Henderson or Milner.... Solid, reliable and a VITAL cog in a functioning MACHINE!

Is there a 'Most improved Player of the season' award..?
If not, there should be...
...and Davies & Dier can share it between them!

What is this drop-off you spoke of though?

We didn't even conceded a goal during the last 3 and only conceded 2 in the last 6!

I didn’t say they had a drop off. I was saying we need to keep the same quality. I think Romero is better than Dav, Dier is a lot better than his back up, and I don’t even know who is Davies’ back up.

I didn’t say they had a drop off. I was saying we need to keep the same quality. I think Romero is better than Dav, Dier is a lot better than his back up, and I don’t even know who is Davies’ back up.

You said:

What we need is depth. There shouldn’t be a real drop off when one or more of the starting defenders is out.

We had 3 out and there was no significant drop off.

I agree that improvements can be made, but take VVD or TAA out of Liverpool and they're weaker.... Take Walker or Cancello out of City and they're weaker. Take James & Chillwell out of Chelski andtheir title challenge fella apart.... This applies to literally every team on the planet.

You said:

We had 3 out and there was no significant drop off.

I agree that improvements can be made, but take VVD or TAA out of Liverpool and they're weaker.... Take Walker or Cancello out of City and they're weaker. Take James & Chillwell out of Chelski andtheir title challenge fella apart.... This applies to literally every team on the planet.

When did we have three CBs out? I am not counting our WBs.

The back ups did well filling in, but over more games I am not sure it is sustainable.

Yes I agreed but only since Conte took over.
In fairness to Davies, he barely played under Nuno and when he did it was at LB. He is a very good LCB, having him as a back up will be very reassuring next season when we have injuries or rotate.

In fairness to Davies, he barely played under Nuno and when he did it was at LB. He is a very good LCB, having him as a back up will be very reassuring next season when we have injuries or rotate.
The weakness has really been the WBs (poor crossing etc) and not having an AMF player. All 3 of our CBs have done well.

We need another LCB to add to having Davies. They can fight it out to be first choice but with the amount of games coming up they'll be healthily rotated I'm sure. Also why I believe Rodon and Sanchez aren't going anywhere.

We need another LCB to add to having Davies. They can fight it out to be first choice but with the amount of games coming up they'll be healthily rotated I'm sure. Also why I believe Rodon and Sanchez aren't going anywhere.
The problem Rodon has is that he seems to be behind Sanchez in the pecking order, so he's third choice for a start. Maybe that will change now that we have more games to play next season?

Ah I'm drifting off topic, the thread is about Ben Davies.

Ben Davies absolutely excellent for Wales v Ukraine.

Multiple times blocking shots

If we are looking for an LCB ....... maybe look no further ! Seriously he's a very good player - and if that means being back up LCB and LWB we will be very solid in those positions.

Being coached by Conte & his staff who know how to defend, and playing in a 3 for the second half of the season has brought out the very best in Ben Davies.

Given the number of matches we'll have next season, he will get lots of starts. Conte trusts him and wants left-footed players on the left side of our defence.

Back
Top Bottom