Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ben seems to be coming into his prime as a LCB for Spurs and Wales as funny as that sounds. Same for Dier as a CCB.

You have to remember as well that Davies and Dier have both been at Spurs since 2014. Crazy.

Picking him or Bastoni for the CL final next summer is going to be a real headache for Conte.
:contehandshead:
If Davies continues playing like that, it could be Dier who needs to watch out.

Bastoni is excellent on the ball, but perhaps he could initiate attacking moves from the centre of the back 3, as well as at his natural position of LCB.

We were very loosely linked with de Ligt at some stage last season, again suggesting how important it is for Conte that his back 3 are comfortable on the ball.

I still think we'll sign a new LCB, but Ben Davies has cemented his place in our squad for next season. Conte values senior professionals with a good attitude.

If Davies continues playing like that, it could be Dier who needs to watch out.

Bastoni is excellent on the ball, but perhaps he could initiate attacking moves from the centre of the back 3, as well as at his natural position of LCB.

We were very loosely linked with de Ligt at some stage last season, again suggesting how important it is for Conte that his back 3 are comfortable on the ball.

I still think we'll sign a new LCB, but Ben Davies has cemented his place in our squad for next season. Conte values senior professionals with a good attitude.
I think the best thing of all this (if we did sign Bastoni - though even if that doesn't materialise it appears we'll be getting a high profile CB in) is that if there's a headache picking that back three then we finally have some proper depth. If we want to go deep in every cup without fucking our league finish, it's essential.

I think the best thing of all this (if we did sign Bastoni - though even if that doesn't materialise it appears we'll be getting a high profile CB in) is that if there's a headache picking that back three then we finally have some proper depth. If we want to go deep in every cup without fucking our league finish, it's essential.
Absolutely.

The autumn World Cup will disrupt the season like the African Cup of Nations on steroids. The top clubs will all have several players completely out of sync for a few weeks or even months.

It's clear Conte gets this & the importance of squad depth.

From this perspective, Italy's dismal failure to qualify for the World Cup makes their players even more valuable for club football next season.

Being coached by Conte & his staff who know how to defend, and playing in a 3 for the second half of the season has brought out the very best in Ben Davies.

Given the number of matches we'll have next season, he will get lots of starts. Conte trusts him and wants left-footed players on the left side of our defence.
Same story with Mourinho. I feel only Poch trusted Rose over him, even when Rose was a bit fucked from injuries.

Back
Top Bottom