Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Love him, a great player and a great human being.
He's never been a guaranteed starter at Spurs, but he's also never kicked off like Danny Rose.

Ben Davies is used to being a squad player, and that experience & professionalism will be crucial next season.

I also thought Rodon showed glimpses of having been defensively drilled for 6 months by Conte & his coaches. His positional play as the middle CB in a back 3 was pretty good.

I still think we'll sell Rodon, but I note that both Conte & the player have talked of their respect for each other.

He's never been a guaranteed starter at Spurs, but he's also never kicked off like Danny Rose.

Ben Davies is used to being a squad player, and that experience & professionalism will be crucial next season.

I also thought Rodon showed glimpses of having been defensively drilled for 6 months by Conte & his coaches. His positional play as the middle CB in a back 3 was pretty good.

I still think we'll sell Rodon, but I note that both Conte & the player have talked of their respect for each other.
Yeah, Rodon showed great humility to keep training hard instead of acting demotivated or entitled.

Yeah, Rodon showed great humility to keep training hard instead of acting demotivated or entitled.
I think I read he carried on training with broken ribs, or some other serious torso injury.

So, clearly Rodon is a good professional. What he's learned from Conte's coaches will stand him in good stead in his career, whether that's with Spurs or elsewhere.

Romero / Dier / Bastoni
(Dav / Rodon / Davies)
+ Loan: Tanganga​

.....Would be absolutely acceptable.

We wouldn't need to result to an A & B team; just so long as the rotation was suitably methodical.

Romero / Dier / Bastoni
(Dav / Rodon / Davies)
+ Loan: Tanganga​

.....Would be absolutely acceptable.

We wouldn't need to result to an A & B team; just so long as the rotation was suitably methodical.

Bastoni ahead of big balls Benny? You're having a laugh mate

Bastoni ahead of big balls Benny? You're having a laugh mate

Whatever way you wanna slice it, they'd both get to play once a week until Feb at the very earliest.

Next season's fixture list will be brutal. Added bonus with Bastoni is he'll be able to rest during the WCup; so will Sanchez.

Whatever way you wanna slice it, they'd both get to play once a week until Feb at the very earliest.

Next season's fixture list will be brutal. Added bonus with Bastoni is he'll be able to rest during the WCup; so will Sanchez.
Yup. And this will greatly increase their importance as squad players next season. If they're both at the famous Spurs....

Yup. And this will greatly increase their importance as squad players next season. If they're both at the famous Spurs....

It's fairly obvious who needs to go... I'd hope Conte similarly sees the value in a big squad next season and doesn't needlessly hurry to ship the rest of these lads out.....

For once, sell-to-buy needn't get in the way of our squad building.

Last edited:
FUhfb9pWQAQQZkH

mentality

Back
Top Bottom