Bournemouth v Tottenham Hotspur - 9th July - 6pm(UK)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've been pretty disappointed in Son since the restart. He doesn't seem himself, not running at the defence as much and not getting into the positions you'd usually see him get into. Hopefully this changes against Bournemouth.

Lucas has had enough auditions now, he needs dropping, ideally sold. Bergwijn or Lamlea in vs Bournemouth as they'll actually make an effort.

Woolwich to lose to Leicester, we beat Bournemouth.

We beat Woolwich at the weekend and go 5 points clear of them and leave them without Europe and with all their best players wanting to leave.

At least we can dream!!

meter.gif

I've been pretty disappointed in Son since the restart. He doesn't seem himself, not running at the defence as much and not getting into the positions you'd usually see him get into. Hopefully this changes against Bournemouth.
I agree with the complaint but not sure about the diagnosis. It seems to me like he's still doing plenty of running (wouldn't be surprised if he was covering the most ground on average of any Spurs player in the matches so far), and even at or around defenders. He just doesn't seem to have that skillful spark to actually complete the dribble or run or whatever, which he does when he's in form.

Lest we forget that he had a few long purple patches in 2019 but that it's still not yet clear if his 2019 peak really represented some kind of new normal for him, or if we're now seeing a regression to a lower mean.

Ndombele isn’t going to start chaps. No idea when the penny is going to drop for some. He’s not got the effort in him, especially against Bournemouth’s hard working midfield.

I think skipp will see some minutes ahead of him.

We will definitely need to rotate though. Kane on the bench might be an idea. He’s played a lot of football after being out a long time.

I don’t see why lacking effort should preclude him from starting, it hasn’t with Sissoko?

I think we need to rest a few for this. Ideally Kane would be rested, but can't see it happening. I'd be tempted to rest Lo Celso as well, but I don't think Jose trusts anyone enough to fill in for him.

Not just me then....
NLD is about the only thing that will move that dial into the red. Beat them, hopefully finish above them again and write off the rest of this abomination of a season
It shows how far we have fallen when the only thing that matters now is finishing above them!

Not just me then....
NLD is about the only thing that will move that dial into the red. Beat them, hopefully finish above them again and write off the rest of this abomination of a season

Is the correct answer.

I was having a chuckle at a Twitter thread yesterday that was suggesting you aren't proper Spurs if you don't watch these behind closed doors games on TV.

I know I am an old git but have times changed that much that watching TV is a sign of loyalty?

Back
Top Bottom